iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie... (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie...
Rena12345
Rewind Curious
Member # 4889

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Rena12345   Email Rena12345   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm desperately trying to find two movies that I *believe* are from the 80's, as I have vague recollections of seeing them on TV in the mid 80's when I was a young child. All I remember are snippets, so any help would be great!:

First movie: I think it's a horror/psychological thriller type movie. All I can remember is a woman living in a large house. There are many shots of a swimming pool in her backyard with lots of leaves in it. She has a statue of a dwarf (I think it's one of the Seven Dwarves) at the bottom of her stairs. She one day looks at the statue and finds that it's wet (it presumably went in the swimming pool???). That's all I can remember.

Second movie: I have no idea what the actor's name is. He would have probably been in his 40s or 50s, he's got a round face, he's bald, and har piercing blue or green eyes. He may even be British. He has starred in other movies, and is quite an intense character. He plays (I think) a college professor and all I can remember is him giving a lecture to his class and talking about bees, and either showing his class a film clip of bees or projecting images of bees on an overhead projector.

These two films have racked my brain for so long, any help would be great!

Thanks!

Posts: 1 | From: La Crescenta | Registered: Jul 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snaggy
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4911

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for snaggy   Email snaggy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I have been checking this site out for awhile, but I joined the forum, because I watched this movie a bunch of times when i was a child, but cannot for the life of me find it anywhere on the internet...1st off I wanna say it is NOT "Just One of the Guys"

I have checked every page & I think one other person might have been talking about it, but there was no response, so i'll give it a try.

Ok, it is about a girl who wants to be a boy, & in order to become a male she does some sort of ritual on the roof of her house (or outside atleast) during an eclipse, and when she wakes up in the morning she is a boy, & that is about all I remember...other than the girl had dark hair...(and she may have had a sister--but that is sketchy in my memory)

Posts: 11 | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snaggy
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4911

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for snaggy   Email snaggy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have another one...but it may be from the late 70's, it is about a female figure skater, and a boy whose family owns a rolling skating rink, anyways they become partners & hate each other, he drops her & she is in the hospital. They fall in love during the recovery. He has to get on a plane & before he leaves she shows him that she got her braces off. And he ends up dying in a plane crash & she ends up going to the olympics solo. Both of the leads are blondes I think.

[ 03. August 2006, 16:20: Message edited by: snaggy ]

Posts: 11 | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karkar
Rewind Curious
Member # 4913

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for karkar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the name of the movie that has orphan girls singing yakety yak and cleaning the kitchen. This is the only part of the movie that I can remember. I know it's not Annie.

[ 04. August 2006, 19:09: Message edited by: karkar ]

Posts: 1 | From: Toronto | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blondie Rules
Rewind Curious
Member # 4861

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Blondie Rules     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the film I think it was a horror movie where someone got trapped in a house in a grate/fire place which had bars stopping them getting out of the fireplace. I know it's vague worth a try though.
Posts: 4 | From: Home | Registered: Jul 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

That last one might be "The People under the Stairs" I could be wrong though.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weng007
Rewind Curious
Member # 4946

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for weng007   Email weng007   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can somebody please tell me the title of a sci-fi movie? Here's what I remember: Bad guys in white space suits & helmets with flamethrowers fighting against human resistance. There may be horses or motorcycles but can't remember who's riding what. Thanks for your help.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hotmwelder
Rewind Curious
Member # 4967

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for hotmwelder   Email hotmwelder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm looking for the tittle of a movie from the 80's about a lake or pond that looks like it was a junkyard dump sight with this thing in the water that bubbles up.This boy has a fish tank that has crane in it that rises to the top of the water.Tords the end he gets trapted in the real crane,the crane finaly comes out of the water with the boy inside ,every one can see what was causing the bubbles.Any body have a clue as to what this movie is?
Posts: 1 | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crazy480's
Rewind Curious
Member # 4973

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Crazy480's   Email Crazy480's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This forum is AWESOME. I have an obsession with eighties movies and music so I'm siked! I was actually looking for a movie title and was going to post, but I found it -Anyone see "My Best Friend Is A Vampire?" I'm bummed out because there is nowhere for me to purchase it [Frown] . But that's OK because I ordered my second runner up on Netflix ("Once Bitten"). By the way, I'm Amy [Big Grin]
Posts: 2 | From: South Florida | Registered: Sep 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hotmwelder, it's an Australian film staring Henry Thomas of ET fame, called "Frog Dreaming" (original Australian title) aka "The Go-Kids" (UK title) aka "The Quest" (US title)
Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oreb
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5007

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Oreb   Email Oreb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First off, i'd like to say hi to everyone here that shares my obsession with the eighties. I was still in kindergarten then, but I remember the second half of the decade as a wonderful period. Anyway, I have two questions:

1) I'm looking for the title of a summer commedy, the plot was about a girl band, kinda like The Bangles, a lot of the scenes tale part at the beach... I've seen it on TV in Croatia (on Sky and Filmet back in the day on cable) a couple of times, but I was like 5 then, so I don't remember much of it, just that the girls were super-cute

2) ...and I'd like to know the brand and the model name of those Blues Brothers sunglasses, they were popular at the time, Corey Feldman wore those in Burbs, Redman even weras them today. but I don't know who manufactures them.

So please help me out, thanks!

Posts: 55 | From: Croatia | Registered: Sep 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2) During the Blues Brothers Movie, Jake wore Ray-Ban 5022C15 Sunglasses (a.k.a. Wayfarer I), with brown frames and black lenses. Genuine '5022' Ray-ban sunglasses have the '5022' written on the frames.
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oreb
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5007

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Oreb   Email Oreb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heh, thanks a lot!
Posts: 55 | From: Croatia | Registered: Sep 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crazy480's
Rewind Curious
Member # 4973

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Crazy480's   Email Crazy480's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oreb, sounds like the movie you are talking about is Satisfaction. I love this movie! Could be wrong, but it's about a girl band and most of the scenes are on the beach. The main character falls in love with Liam Neison (sp?). Julia Roberts is also in it...Hope that helps.
Posts: 2 | From: South Florida | Registered: Sep 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oreb
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5007

Rate Member
yeah, that's it, that's the movie! thanks a lot!
I saw it under the name 'girls of summer' I think, check it out on imdb.com, it's not comprehensive, but it helped me remember

zivija
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5018

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for zivija   Email zivija   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't remember movie exactly, and I don't know is it belongs to the 80's or 90's. I was kid when I watch this, so I don't remember exactly. Anyway, there is some king of SCI-FI movie, where kids have remote control (I don know is it remote control exactly), and can see on TV that they parents are on cartoon, and, with this remote control they traveling trough time. I remember, that some negative guy, worked as DJ somewhere..
Anyway, the story is about click on the remote control, and travel through time, or places...

Thanx!!!

Posts: 23 | From: Serbia | Registered: Sep 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's called Stay Tuned with John Ritter & Pam Dawber.
Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zivija
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5018

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for zivija   Email zivija   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes! Excellent!

Thanx a lot!

Posts: 23 | From: Serbia | Registered: Sep 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacksunday
Rewind Curious
Member # 5050

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for blacksunday   Email blacksunday   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone know the name of the movie im looking for. Its about a mother named April, she has 2 kids named may and june.....they are taken away. later in life the meet up but one or both end up in prison? One sister is a good girl and the other is a biker.
Posts: 1 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
acromero
Rewind Curious
Member # 5102

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for acromero   Email acromero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by loneill819:
i am looking for a movie that i saw only on hbo atleast 15 yars ago. it was about a girl (maybe helen hunt) who moved to a new town with her family and played football. one guy on the team likes her and calls her Canada. in the end her team buys her a dress for a dance and the guy who likes her takes her. i think she wins homecoming queen or something too. can anyone help? nick seems to know all!

Posts: 3 | From: California | Registered: Oct 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
acromero
Rewind Curious
Member # 5102

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for acromero   Email acromero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quarterback Princess is the movie with Helen Hunt who plays football
Posts: 3 | From: California | Registered: Oct 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hackman1
Rewind Curious
Member # 5104

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for hackman1   Author's Homepage   Email hackman1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Im trying to think of this 80s comedy, in one part the lead character is caught having sex in a shop window and there are loads of people on the street looking in, the only other part i remember is a character who is a bum lives in a big carboard and spits a load of toothpaste(or something) out each morning-i know this description is vague. All i know is that its defo not either "mannequin" or "down&out in b hills" though.
Posts: 3 | From: Ireland | Registered: Oct 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kenny
Rewind Curious
Member # 5114

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kenny   Author's Homepage   Email Kenny   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I come to the site periodically, but i've never been in the forums before. This is some really good stuff here!

My question (which I hope it will be answered) has been bugging me off and on since I last saw it around my Kindergarden years:

Anyone know a movie that was about this girl in a yellow dress (I think red/orange hair) who'd go outside and have adventures? I remember it was animation most of the time and in the end she's turn "real" again after the adventure was over. She was accompanied by a Koala bear with glasses, I remember once scene where he did something and she had to put eye drops on him.

I've found most of my childhood movies on my own but this one is pretty much unatainable without some help. Last I heard there were more movies like it, but I don't remember any of them. I have a feeling its a UK or Canadian production as well, if that helps.

Thanks in advance!

Posts: 2 | From: Heaven | Registered: Oct 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There were several of these films, actually, and they were frequently shown on the Disney Channel throughout the 80s. The girl's name was Dot, and she had various animal friends from film to film--Australian animals, so it makes sense to presume the films were made there. As I recall, only one actually had her in live action bookends; in the others she was completely animated (although one that featured her going underwater, presumably off the Great Barrier Reef, to help the whales featured live action whale footage during the end credits). As for their exact titles, I don't remember at the moment.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kenny
Rewind Curious
Member # 5114

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kenny   Author's Homepage   Email Kenny   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, I had no idea there were more australian animals in there. I just remember the Koala, guess I should've known then.

Using the information you gave me, I found out the movie was called (I feel like slapping myself) "Dot and the Koala" (1985).

Thanks. [Smile]

Posts: 2 | From: Heaven | Registered: Oct 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home