iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie... (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie...
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by becky:
Hiya Everyone ... I have been trying to remember the name of this film for weeks but cant so wonder if anyone else can ?

Its a sci-fi film, the main character is I seem to remember one of them space going rogue type people who gets given a mission to rescue some important people (girls ?) that have been captured. I can't remember much of the middle of the film, except there is a fight scene that revolves around some sort of old battered train or long caravan type vehicle. The end of the film has the captured girls in some sort of circular metal cage along with other captured people. The people in the cage are forced to go through some sort of assault course full of nasty spikey things and traps !! Sounds bizzare I know, not sure if there was an adult theme to this film as I can remember my mum wouldn't let me watch it until my dad came home from work and said I could !!!! [Smile]

Thanks
Becky

Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone
Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jodie_louise2001
Rewind Curious
Member # 4599

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jodie_louise2001   Email jodie_louise2001   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello!!
Found you're site purely by accident but its fantastic, and i've relived a lot of my childhood reading up on the films i miss!!
However, there's one film i remember seeing as a youngster..that neither myself nor my mum can remember the title, so hoping one of you can help.

Its a bit sketchy, but all i remember is that theres a kid (reminds me slightly of Henry Thomas but that could be my memory playing tricks n thinking of frog dreaming!!) Anyway, this boy somehow meets a man..and it turns out this guy can heal himself if wounded. I think the young boy cuts his hand at one point, and it goes to a close-up shot, n the man touches the wound and it heals up instantly.

The only other bit i remember of the film is that the young boy has either ben told to wait, or hs followed the man, n he has to climb up a ledge/cliff and as he gets to the top there's a snake, n the man is talking to people in the background (Possibly the bad guys!?)

Sorry i don't have much more information. I always thought it was called XMan or something, but current research says i'm wrong. Its also not "Hearts in Atlantis" as my friend suggested, fairly certain it was an 80s film.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!! Great site!! [Big Grin] Many thanks!!!!!!!!!!! *Mwah!* Jodie xxx

Posts: 3 | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jokerpoq2
Rewind Curious
Member # 4618

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jokerpoq2   Email jokerpoq2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was curious about a movie I saw some time ago. I saw the movie in the 80's but can't be sure from what time it is from. It was about some guys that were flying over a jungle in a cargo plane, when it crashed. I remember there being two huge twins on board and a small man wearing a sailor hat. To escape from where they were, they built these cars, kind of like a Mad Max thing. I don't remember too much more of the movie except the main character stole this enemy generals (or something) car and was using it during the escape. Thanks for any help.
Posts: 2 | From: Maryland | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jokerpoq2
Rewind Curious
Member # 4618

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jokerpoq2   Email jokerpoq2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Update on my previous post. I have since found the movie I was curious about. It aired in 1989 and is called: The Road Raiders. I found an old recorded tape and watched it last night. Now I need to find a VHS or hopefully, DVD of it.
Posts: 2 | From: Maryland | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaBargainHunta
Rewind Curious
Member # 4656

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for DaBargainHunta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I only THINK this movie was '80s. It might've been '70s. Definitely no earlier or later than that though. I don't remember much about it, so bear with me.

I think the ending is what will tip someone off to exactly what this movie is. It's been driving me NUTS for YEARS, so PLEASE HELP! [Big Grin]

It was about a group of kids in a classroom. Somehow they ventured outside (I think) and ran into a killer. The killer wore some kind of Halloween mask. I think they entered a cave at some point, but I could be wrong, so scratch that part if need be.

Now the ending: After they were all safe, the "killer" appeared at the window of the classroom, but it was really just one of the kids fooling around with the real killer's mask.

Anyone know? I've been wondering for years.

Thanks!

Posts: 6 | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

That sounds a lot like Fortress.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaBargainHunta
Rewind Curious
Member # 4656

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for DaBargainHunta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Devolution:
Devolution here,

That sounds a lot like Fortress.

We are DEVO

Devo, WOW, from what I'm reading about the movie now, it sounds like you are right! I wish I could order a copy of this to verify it, but it's out of print everywhere. [Frown] Even if it isn't the same movie, it sounds darn cool. Thanks a million!!!
Posts: 6 | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnyaKay27
Rewinder
Member # 4675

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for AnyaKay27   Email AnyaKay27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by lowrider:
maybe you can help me.
this is a movie from the 70's i think. all i can remember is that these 2 kids nanny has super powers and squirts milk and orange juice from her fingers???????

I am new here, but I know this one!!! This movie is titled "The Electric Grandmother" and it is now available on DVD.

Posts: 33 | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnyaKay27
Rewinder
Member # 4675

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for AnyaKay27   Email AnyaKay27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was pretty young through the 80's, but I distinctly remember a movie somewhat similar to short circuit or flight of the navigator that had a bunch of smaller robot-type things in it...I don't really remember alot about it, but it seems there is a younger boy in it as well...I have been stumped on this one for a while...it may not even be an 80's movie...but any help would be appreciated...I do remember that the smallest robot would sort of remind one of a crab....round, flat body...Help!! Thanks!!
Posts: 33 | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Saint_in_London   Email Saint_in_London   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think you maybe talking about this film, made by Steven Spielberg and of course hit has a very typical spielberg feel to it...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092494/

*batteries not included (1987)

A group of tenants in an apartment block are being forced to move out so that it can be demolished. The tenants are reluctant to move, so the developers hire a local gang to 'persuade' them to leave. Fortunately, visiting alien mechanical life-forms come to town. When they befriend the tenants, the aliens use their extraterrestrial abilities to defeat the developers

Posts: 226 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnyaKay27
Rewinder
Member # 4675

Rate Member
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! My hubby thought I was going crazy. LOL!
Taximan
Rewind Curious
Member # 4678

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Taximan   Email Taximan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright, I'm not sure if this movie was from the 80s or early 90s, and I have never seen anyone inquire about it here before. My memories of this movie are very vague. What I do recall was a group of people who all had special powers. There was a guy, a musician who had the ability to harness electricity and shoot it out of his hands. In one scene, He takes on enemies, allthewhile dancing to some rock song while blasting everyone. Also, For some reason, I recall there being some sort of Yeti in the movie... and maybe a woman was could shrink. But the Musician was in it for sure. Any help would be appreciated. I've been wondering about this movie for years. Thanks.
Posts: 7 | From: Vancouver. BC, Canada | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Saint_in_London   Email Saint_in_London   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089602/

Misfits of Science (1985) (TV)

It’s a popular movie on this site and has been the subject of some post, I only managed to see it once on VHS. Never seen it on the TV in the Uk.

There is so good information on the link.

Posts: 226 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tmichalow
Rewind Curious
Member # 4699

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for tmichalow   Email tmichalow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am trying to find a movie for my wife, which she says is from the 80's. All she can tell me is it is about a little girl, who goes back in time to the great depression, and tries to stop it with knowledge she has about what causes it. This is all she can remember about it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
Posts: 1 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
madmax
Rewind Curious
Member # 4733

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for madmax   Email madmax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, first of all sorry for my not very good English. The movie I’m looking for turns around a girl who had an imaginary friend in her childhood. This friend is similar to the mask (from what I can remember) but without a green face: he also can do “crazy” faces, etc... I know she could make him appear by saying his name three times (not beetle juice). I’m not sure but I think that at the “present” the girl refuses to grow up so her imaginary friend appears again. At another time she is angry with her friend and wishes he could just disappear and then he is hit by a firetruck, leaving only his shoes (that look like the ones of a clown I think) but doesn’t die (he’s imaginary). There is another scene where they (the girl and the crazy friend) are at a party and he peeks under a woman’s skirt, his eyes pop out (like a cartoon) and says “haaaa no panties!” (or something like that). At the end is quite a sad part because the girl has grown up and is leaving his friend, the scene has a surrealist ambient with stairs and smoke…

Thanks for any help you can give [Smile]

Posts: 2 | From: Portugal | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs Larusso
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4417

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mrs Larusso   Email Mrs Larusso   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not 100% sure here..because its a long time since i've seen it...but I think the film you refer to is 'Drop Dead Fred' - and if it is, then its 90's, not 80's
Posts: 82 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs Larusso
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4417

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mrs Larusso   Email Mrs Larusso   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a link that confirms it was 1991..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101775/

Is this the film you mean?

(by the way - your English is just fine!)

Posts: 82 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
madmax
Rewind Curious
Member # 4733

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for madmax   Email madmax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes! that´s the movie I was looking for! thanks a lot!
Posts: 2 | From: Portugal | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BladeMaster
Rewind Curious
Member # 4788

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for BladeMaster   Email BladeMaster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My brother and I are desperately searching for a SF-movie title:

This is the scene we both remember:

Two members of the group are speaking to each other via the intranet. One gets startled by the cat and says so. The other one answers something like “how can that be, the cat is here with me”, which means that one of the cat appearances actually isn’t the cat but the monster. (It’s about a monster that can change form).

We don’t remember much else about the movie, that is we believe to remember only some other “facts”:

• The whole movie plays in some kind of subterranean laboratory on EARTH.
• It’s a movie produced between app. 1970 – 1990 (most likely in the 80s).
• There are NO soldiers within this underground facility, it’s neither a military experiment nor a military complex.
• Only a small group of people is working in this place. My brother thinks they were scientists, doing research on some kind of parallel worlds or time shifting. As to me, they could also have been maintenance workers. I remember those wearing blue overalls.
• I remember a brown-long-haired woman to survive and reach the surface again where she is expected by other people.
• It’s a science-fiction and/or horror movie, most likely both.
• As mentioned above we both remember a transforming monster, being able to adopt other forms, like e.g. the cat.

We know that this movie is NOT “The Thing”, “X-tro” or “Alien”.

We would really appreciate your help!!!

Posts: 2 | From: Austria | Registered: May 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canigetanidplz
Rewind Curious
Member # 2013

- posted      Profile for canigetanidplz         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok...this is a cool post and I like how it is all together for people to look up...but it needs to be monitored and consolidated every once in a while, because some questions get over looked and it gets all jumbled up...just a suggestion...

I had post a question a while back about a movie I cant remember...it is about a group of kids training for the olympics...the main character is in love with one of the girls and has problems with his father...any help would be appreciated...

thanks

chase

Posts: 5 | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
looneybird
Rewind Curious
Member # 4840

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for looneybird   Email looneybird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure if im in the right place plz forgive me if im not, im not even sure the film was made in the 80's i just remember it was around 83/84 i saw it.The nature of the film is quite sad and again forgive me there is a reason y i am looking for this film.What i remember is it's about a young girl possibly a teenager who was abused by her farther, her mother didn't believe her and from what i remember its the story of her fight to be believed, eventually her mother believes her.One scene i remember is the mum,daughter and sister are sitting at a table and the younger sister is saying 'she's lying she's lying'.Right at the end of the film you see the child as a baby in her dads arms in the nursery and he's singing the lullaby ' HUSH LITTLE BABY'. I really hope you can help

many thanx looneybird [Confused]

Posts: 1 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Darin:
Q: I was wondering if anyone could help me out with finding the title of this movie I saw years ago. It was one of those high school movies... I could only remember a few frames: a composition, a trip to washington as a prize, a trekie chasing the students, a party at the principal's home... That's all that I can remember. Somebody told me that is "Summer School", but I'm not sure. Hope somebody knows what I'm talking about! Thanks!

You're talking about the very funny National Lampoon's Senior Trip!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaiskizzy
Rewind Curious
Member # 4813

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jaiskizzy   Email jaiskizzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
need help! ive been tryin to find out the title of this movie which is sort of like zapped. only thing i can remember is the guy shrinks and ends up inside a girl's underwear. the girl rides a bike and the guy tumbles around in the giant underwear and amidst giant pubic hair. then later the girl takes a bath i think and then the guy grows back to normal size and leaves a wrench in the girl's underwear and it grows back to size as well while the girl is wearing the underwear. apologies if it sounds confusing. hope someone out there knows. thanks!
Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catfish
Rewind Curious
Member # 4870

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for catfish   Email catfish       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great site and forums, was able to find most of the movies I don't recall their names but one I can't find here or online.

Q: Movie featured a robot dog (but looked like a normal dog). The few things I remember: At one point the dog was guarding/chasing some crooks at a store. Dog responded to special codes to go into different modes or commands? One common word caused him to jump someone knocking him over. The dog had a problem where he would go crazy when someone blew a dog whistle. At the end I think there was several of these dogs or perhaps robot puppies with the same issue and that is when the inventor figured out the problem.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catfish
Rewind Curious
Member # 4870

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for catfish   Email catfish       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by catfish:
Q: Movie featured a robot dog (but looked like a normal dog). The few things I remember: At one point the dog was guarding/chasing some crooks at a store. Dog responded to special codes to go into different modes or commands? One common word caused him to jump someone knocking him over. The dog had a problem where he would go crazy when someone blew a dog whistle. At the end I think there was several of these dogs or perhaps robot puppies with the same issue and that is when the inventor figured out the problem.

I finally found out it's C.H.O.M.P.S. which come out in 1979 (close!).
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078924/

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home