iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie... (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie...
sky653
Rewind Curious
Member # 3742

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for sky653   Email sky653   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, does anyone know what 80's movies have "Melt with you in their soundtrack?
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hey You Guuuys
Rewind Curious
Member # 3744

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Hey You Guuuys   Email Hey You Guuuys   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MadMax11:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by logan5:
[QB] It sounds a little bit like 'Dance 'Til Dawn':

I just saw dance till dawn and the scenes I described is just like it but I dont think thats the one. I clearly remember the girl having a bottle in her hand while they are driving through some woods and she says she is taking him to a nice or secret spot. Then by the time they get there I think she is wasted. Haha, I guess maybe it wasnt a popular 80's movie... I wish I could remember if it was late or early but I'd guess late.

'License To Drive'. It is a popular 80s movie.

The girl dances on top of the hood to "Strangers in the Night" right? It's a green Cadillac? Her name is Mercedez in the movie?

It will be on dvd in april, great movie. The girl is a young Heather Graham and the guy is Corey Haim. Corey Felman is in it too. I'm guessing you only saw part of the movie. Definately check it out when it comes to DVD. Or If you can find the VHS sooner. I see it on cable every once in awhile.

I just realized it's reviewed right on fast-rewind License To Drive

[ 22. January 2005, 16:53: Message edited by: Hey You Guuuys ]

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slayathon
Rewind Curious
Member # 3752

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for slayathon   Author's Homepage   Email slayathon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am trying to figure a movie out forever here. All I can remember is a girl with a record for a skirt and a sandbox in her room. It had to do with music also.
Posts: 8 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flashback80's
Rewinder
Member # 3735

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for flashback80's   Author's Homepage   Email flashback80's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im looking 4 horror title
i saw this 1990 so it could be 70s or 80s
all i can rember there was darkhaired girl alot
people were nasty to her through it there was an overweight that was ok to her at the end the overweight lady untying the girl from ropes then
this monster thing started going after nasty people grabing them at the end

all i remember can anyone help with this title

Posts: 47 | From: sydney | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thunderstealer
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3721

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for thunderstealer   Email thunderstealer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also have a horror film that I have been wondering about for years.

All I can really remember about it is that there was a monster that could divide into a bunch of little monsters, and then again go back to being a big monster.

I also kind of remember something about a fire outside...like a bon fire or something, and also I can kind of remember the monster hiding under the girls bed and grabbing her by the ankle.

Sorry I can't give any more info...hope somebody can remember this film...

Posts: 11 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MadMax11
Rewind Curious
Member # 3498

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for MadMax11   Email MadMax11   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hey You Guuuys:

I just realized it's reviewed right on fast-rewind License To Drive [/QB]

Sounds like thats it, thanks a bunch.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronbin
Rewind Curious
Member # 3814

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Ronbin   Email Ronbin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I'm looking for a teen movie I saw years ago. In this movie, a boy takes some marihuana, puts it in his motorbyke's fuel tank, and smokes it from the exhaust.

That's the only thing I remember from the movie. Any idea about the title???

Posts: 2 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J.t.
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3837

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for J.t.   Email J.t.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im looking for this late 80's kung fu movie about these 3 little asain boys are being trained by there grandpa or grandma (maybe parents i dunno)and in one scene the parents or grandparents fight on top of a bunch of un-opened soda cans. i know this is one is really out there but if yall could find the title of this one that would Kick A$$.
Posts: 11 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronbin
Rewind Curious
Member # 3814

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Ronbin   Email Ronbin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think you are talking about "3 ninjas" http://spanish.imdb.com/title/tt0103596/
or one of its sequels
http://spanish.imdb.com/title/tt0109015/

Posts: 2 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J.t.
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3837

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for J.t.   Email J.t.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
naw this was way beofre then
Posts: 11 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mshorter62
Rewind Curious
Member # 3855

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for mshorter62   Email mshorter62   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am looking for the title of a movie in which there were two actors who played undercover cops who got addicted to drugs. it also had a track from eric clapton in it called "tears in heaven.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lowrider
Rewind Curious
Member # 3863

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for lowrider   Author's Homepage   Email lowrider   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
maybe you can help me. this is a movie from the 70's i think. all i can remember is that these 2 kids nanny has super powers and squirts milk and orange juice from her fingers???????
Posts: 7 | From: pittsburgh | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bigworld
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3107

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bigworld   Email bigworld   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J.t.:
Im looking for this late 80's kung fu movie about these 3 little asain boys are being trained by there grandpa or grandma (maybe parents i dunno)and in one scene the parents or grandparents fight on top of a bunch of un-opened soda cans. i know this is one is really out there but if yall could find the title of this one that would Kick A$$.

Posts: 58 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bigworld
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3107

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bigworld   Email bigworld   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Jt
I think this could have been "Little Dragons"
from what I can remember it was dubbed or just had really bad Lip sync.
Hope this joggs a few memories

Regards
George

Posts: 58 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bigworld
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3107

Member Rated:
Hi Jt
I think this could have been "Little Dragons"
from what I can remember it was dubbed or just had really bad Lip sync.
Hope this joggs a few memories

Regards
George

sourskittles
Rewinder
Member # 3870

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for sourskittles   Email sourskittles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
BY: SKY653
Hey, does anyone know what 80's movies have "Melt with you in their soundtrack?

Melt with you - Modern English is in the Valley Girl soundtrack
Posts: 35 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sourskittles
Rewinder
Member # 3870

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for sourskittles   Email sourskittles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering if anyone recognized this movie. I have no clue who was in it or exact time it took place..im guessing mid-eighties. all that i can remember was that it was about a few very young teenagers who opened up a teenage nightclub. the only other thing i can remember was there was a girl with blonde hair who got attacted by a boy and the boy cut her hair off... It has been driving me nuts trying to remember the name of it, im guessing it was on hbo or showtime alot during the eighties. hope someone can help!! thanks
Posts: 35 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monkey man
Rewind Curious
Member # 3889

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for monkey man   Email monkey man   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to whoever can help...
looking for the name of a movie or actor.
the movie was out late 70s or early 80s.
actor had piercing blue or light eyes with the 80s hair style and spoke with a whisper.
the movie was about a monkey that was used by some agency to recognize a sound pattern (similar to that of "Close Encounters of the Third Kind").
The monkey escapes when the scientists taking care of him are killed and it is found by this guy.
Please help... send e-mail to tito@riverasworld.com

Posts: 3 | From: New England | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The scenes you're describing are from 'Top Secret':

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088286/

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monkey man
Rewind Curious
Member # 3889

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for monkey man   Email monkey man   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry to post this again but, I have received no replies...
looking for the name of a movie or actor.
the movie was out late 70s or early 80s.
actor had piercing blue or light eyes with the 80s hair style and spoke with a whisper (maybe Bobby something).
the movie was about a monkey that was used by some agency to recognize a sound pattern (similar to that of "Close Encounters of the Third Kind").
The monkey escapes when the scientists taking care of him are killed and it is found by this guy.
Please help...

Posts: 3 | From: New England | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
River
Rewind Curious
Member # 3917

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for River   Email River   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm Looking for the name of a movie about two rival high schools who both have bands in the the battle of the bands comp. One's and all girl band and the other is all boys. The two lead singers fall in love.

I also remember a bit with sycnhronised swimming and there swimsuits dissolving.

Help me?

Posts: 3 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
There’s a part where the scene opens up on a small old guy holding a magnifying glass up to one of his eyes, and it seems like it makes the eye appear huge, but when he lowers the magnifying glass, the eye is still Huge.

I think also someone or something talks weird gibberish in the movie, maybe it’s the old guy?

The old guy that talks gibberish is Peter Cushing. His eye appears huge behind a magnifying glass, which he removes to reveal it really is a huge eye. That's from 'Top Secret!'.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jomc810
Rewind Curious
Member # 3941

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jomc810   Email jomc810   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FYI

Q: Ok, I'll try and describe it....it's about a girl in her teens that is trying to get into a specific college but it is quite sexist and will not allow a girl in so she dresses up as a boy and gets accepted. She then meets a boy that she develops a friendship with but he thinks she is a 'he'. And then, da dum, she falls in love with him but find herself in a dilemma as she wants to remain in the school but loves this boy so much so she finally does tell him, and he's shocked as you can imagine but I am sure that it was a happy ending. I would so love to see it again and I remember watching it when I was about 10/11 so thinking about 1985/6 time. Anybody know the film?

A: "Just One Of the Guys" from 1985

This is not Just one of the Guys, It is another movie but i think it might be late 80's early 90's. Just one of the Guys, the girl wants to win an intern ship for a newspaper and feels by being a woman she will not get the postion, so she pretends to be a guy, she goes to a new school and falls in love with her nerdy friend.

Posts: 6 | From: CT | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
columbo
Rewind Curious
Member # 3983

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for columbo   Author's Homepage   Email columbo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
looking for a film starring matt dillon. he;s a bum and gets friendly with some black guy. i think he gets stabbed at the end and i think the title has the word angel in it!
Posts: 1 | From: glasgow | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kristen
Rewind Curious
Member # 3986

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kristen   Email Kristen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone,
I've just discovered this site and i am so happy i have!! My name is Kristen and im from Cumbria in the UK.

Was just wondering if someone could give me some help; in The Never Ending Story Bastian has to give the princess a name, so he throws the window open and shouts the name into the storm - but what name does he shout?!! It has drove me crazy for years!!!

[Confused]

Posts: 1 | From: Cumbria - United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home