iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie... (Page 28)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29   
Author Topic: FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie...
bobcat_816
Rewinder
Member # 2768

- posted      Profile for bobcat_816         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's one that I'm trying to find out. I didn't see the whole movie, just the trailer. In the trailer 2 teens are making out when the girl's parents pull up in the driveway. The guy quickly gets dressed and climbs out the window so he won't get caught. He jumps down to the ground, thinking that he's gotten away only to land right in front of the dad. Any ideas?
Posts: 33 | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello bobcat sounds a bit like mischief from 1985 starring doug mckeon, Kelly Preston and Catherine Mary stuart,if so it's a really fun movie that is worth checking out,I have it in my own personal collection. Here is the trailer which features a scene reminiscent to what you describe but it's the girl's (Kelly Preston's) mother he drops down from the roof in front of. Here is the trailer -
www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Va4Q4sH0u8

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chloe
Master Rewinder
Member # 37365

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Chloe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw the name Michael J. Fox and that drew my attention to the thread. What was that film like, Midnight Madness?
Posts: 232 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bigtruck66
Rewind Curious
Member # 37377

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for bigtruck66   Email bigtruck66   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok this movie is from the early 80's I think. all I can remember is two guys have these two so-called girls in a car making out with them when one guy reaches between the legs of his date and he screams to the other guy artie this chicks got balls.been trying to remember this movie for quite some time with no luck
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alien
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37378

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Alien     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

I'm looking for a movie that I remember seeing as a kid -- this would have been around the late 80s.

I can remember it involved a boy travelling back to the '50s in a tin can shaped like a car, and meeting up with Albert Einstein. Does this sound familiar to anybody?

Many thanks.

Posts: 21 | From: Long Beach, California | Registered: Jun 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Capfred
Rewind Curious
Member # 37387

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Capfred   Email Capfred   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok I have looked through every message in this topic, searched IMDb.

Ok, I have been trying to find a movie, thought it might be a miniseries. The problem is I cannot remember enough to properly search for it. There is this family with a boy traveling places, nomadic or time travelish. One scene has the boy in a room listening to a commander. The commander has a clod/blue flame coming out a finger or a gun. The boy comes down to put his finger/hand in the flame. The commander tells him, the last time that happened, that boy rebelled. Later they decide to move on because the environment was making the mom sick, possibly due to radiation. I have this kick, where I want to find this out. Live action, color.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Sep 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silentnight
Rewind Curious
Member # 37394

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for silentnight   Email silentnight   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am looking for two movies also. One of the movies I am looking for, someone told me the name years ago and I forgot. The second movie I believe is from the 1980's, but it may be possibly from the early 1990's. Anyone recall a movie from the 80's that takes place in what I remember being a haunted manor. During one scene, a message on the screen reads "put on your 3D glasses." there is a search team looking for them in the woods. the movie ends showing the search party still roaming the woods, a guy in the crowd says something and the film closes. the second film is about women being killed at a sleepover. One girl survives because she outsmarts the killer: one of the girls at the party has a split personality and didn't realize she was the attacker. hope someone can help! thx
Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tricky questions you have there Capfred and silentnight. I´m all out of answers here...
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by silentnight:
the second film is about women being killed at a sleepover. One girl survives because she outsmarts the killer: one of the girls at the party has a split personality and didn't realize she was the attacker. hope someone can help! thx

Hmm.. This actually does sound familiar, very familiar.. but i can't come up with a specific title either.. for now.

I will keep this in mind though !

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well... it could be April Fools Day (1986), could it?
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could it really be that simple ? [Razz]

Please do let us know, Silentnight.. Otherwise this thing will be stuck in my mind for months. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The split identity killer was used in both the Slumber Party Massacre and Sorority House Massacre series - it's probably one of those.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I´ve never seen those SPM or SHM films. I´ll need to find some of them.
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got both slumber party massacre and sorority house massacre on blu ray atomik,there both daft but I think a lot of fun especially slumber party massacre,love the music score to slumber party - https://youtu.be/0SYbvwCfn1cc.
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
There's no split identity (or female killer) in any of them, except for a little supernatural
possession-from-beyond-the-grave sub-plot in Sorority House Massacre 2.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by silentnight:
the second film is about women being killed at a sleepover. One girl survives because she outsmarts the killer: one of the girls at the party has a split personality and didn't realize she was the attacker. hope someone can help! thx

-

Doesn't sound nothing much like it plot wise and its been a while since I've watched it but didn't 1981's horror/slasher - happy birthday to me have a female killer (Melissa sue Anderson) with a split personality!

[ 17. November 2015, 06:55: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:
There's no split identity (or female killer) in any of them, except for a little supernatural
possession-from-beyond-the-grave sub-plot in Sorority House Massacre 2.

Really... I could have sworn the killer was in the girls head or something. I defer to you on this since it's been a while since I watched them.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saturday9t
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37420

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for saturday9t   Author's Homepage   Email saturday9t   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Q: Looking for an 80s American movie.At the beginning of the movie, it is at nighttime. There are many people and cars. They look young, energetic, slim, thin, wearing fashion clothes, white young women young men. They all park at the same motel & get in to that motel's different rooms. A woman and a man go in their room. The woman sits on dresser and plays guitar and flirts with a man. That man lies on a bed listening to her flirting. She then pukes at sink and she is abandoned by that man in a motel. Both of that woman & that man are white people. That woman says: "Take off that too." "You put it (condom) in your wallet it is becoming moldy." The woman feels uncomfortable and pukes in a bathroom. The man says he will wait for her but gets out to tell everybody to go, and leave that woman in motel alone. [Confused]
Posts: 12 | From: Taiwan | Registered: Apr 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saturday9t
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37420

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for saturday9t   Author's Homepage   Email saturday9t   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Q:a 90's movie. A group bandits rob a bank or a post office. They hide in a family house which is a wood cabin in forest or countryside.The family includes husband, wife, boy, & all of them & bandits are white people. A blond female bandit is hurt badly. The housewife lies that she worked as a nurse before & could cure the blond bandit. One bandit asks the boy: "Have your mom worked in a hospital?" The boy says: "What hospital?" The blond bandit dies & saying where is my money when she dies. Her boy friend works in that bank or post office. He steals money for her.
Posts: 12 | From: Taiwan | Registered: Apr 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saturday9t
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 37420

Rate Member
Q:What's this movie's name? It's about vampire or werewolf. A vampire woman kidnaps a naive blond man & prepares an initiation on him. A man goes to a store or a library/bookstore searching for a woman who is a vampire hunter. Her store sells items relates to fortune taler & woodoo. That man & woman go to a garage to buy weapons. They are going to save that blond man. Movie Scene is in modern America. It is released after 2010. Maybe a TV-movie. All characters aren't international stars.
bobcat_816
Rewinder
Member # 2768

- posted      Profile for bobcat_816         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trying to find the name of a mid-80s movie that I only saw the trailer for. All I can remember is 1 or 2 muscular dudes working out in an open loft style space. I don't remember any equipment. I think that they were just doing some really intense sit ups and push ups. They also may have had shaved heads. The trailer had a really serious dramatic tone to it.
Posts: 33 | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know the name of the movie but I am trying to find a copy of it, even if it can be found online etc.

The movie is called. Lost! (1986). It's a Canadian Drama film. I believe the movie has an alternate title of "Typhoon" but when I saw it on TV back in the early 90s it was called Lost!.

Does anyone have any idea of how to track down a film like this?

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharonMichael74
Rewind Curious
Member # 37597

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SharonMichael74     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi! New here...trying to post a new topic. So I have a super hard challenge. I am trying to recall an 80's movie I loved so much when I was younger...but I can not remember the name...OR...the actors in it. I can tell you the gist of it and am hoping something may ring a bell to someone here that can name it for me.

So...the girl of the movie had REALLY long blonde hair...straight. At one point she had it crimped. (Of course right?! We ARE talking the 80's LOL)
She wore a red mini skirt on the cover of the movie and there were some building I think and a car and maybe a guy with her...maybe another gal....and her boyfriend in the movie was sort of a rough guy who snuck in her bedroom window and she hide it from her family..she would sneak out and run the streets with her friends.... (I know this all sounds like a total common 80's movie) I think one of the other actress's was famous later after this movie...but cant recall who....but the MAIN girl was someone I do not recall the name of. She was kind of a bad ***. LONG blonde hair to her lower back...wore the mini skirt...There were scenes at the school and after school fights...

Anything ring a bell here?
Thanks in advance! I have searched the net over and over hoping to see the movie cover or some connection to the movie...

Posts: 3 | From: SoCAL | Registered: Aug 2020 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Hello SharonMichael74.

Tuff Turf (1985) perhaps?

-

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone know this movie. Its on the beach and a guy watches a girl walking on the beach in a pink 2 piece. He says something to her and she says something back then jogs off. Behind him a guy says you don't look so hot and the first fella throws him a Frisbee. He catches it and tosses it back. The first guy puts the Frisbee into his bag and pulls out another Frisbee with razor blades all around the edge. He throws it to the other guy and it cuts his fingers off when he tries to catch it and it stabs into his neck. Anyone?
Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home