iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie... (Page 25)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29   
Author Topic: FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie...
bigswoll
Rewind Curious
Member # 9773

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for bigswoll   Email bigswoll   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Q: I can't remember many details of this movie but what I do remember is: There is a kid that is super smart, genius even, and he basically steals some hi-tech jet(SR-71 Blackbird I think) and flies it to meet his friend. Along the something happens with the controls and he sticks his chewing gum on the panel to fix it.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
D.A.R.Y.L. steals an SR-71 Blackbird.

D.A.R.Y.L. IMDb pages

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surely that's it. D.A.R.Y.L. rocks. I used to love that movie. I will have to check it out again soon.

On another note, in the video game Call of Duty: Black Ops you can call in a Blackbird and when you do a voice says, "Your SR-71 is online."

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthony33
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9820

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Anthony33   Email Anthony33   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mshorter62:
i am looking for the title of a movie in which there were two actors who played undercover cops who got addicted to drugs. it also had a track from eric clapton in it called "tears in heaven.

Rush.
Posts: 60 | From: Long Island, NY | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MickeyCoast
Rewind Curious
Member # 9855

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for MickeyCoast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello there!

I am in search of an 80's movie and don't know where else to go to find it.

The film was sci-fi, young boy in the central role (like boy from D.A.R.Y.L), this boy gains a black, out of this world, remote control (thick triangle shape I think) which is his source of power for the movie... he moves a space ship in the end with it. It's along the lines of D.A.R.Y.L and flight of the navigator I think.

Can anyone please help? Thanks in advance!

Mickey

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jan_Balk_i
Rewind Curious
Member # 9859

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Jan_Balk_i   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know the title of this movie?

I remember, a woman being coerced to go on vacation (she didnt want to go, didnt want to leave her son who was about 5-10 yrs old, I think) by another woman, maybe her friend or sister. She ended up going on the vacation alone. When she got to the place, a resort of some kind, it was being run by her ex (not sure if it was husband or just lover) but he was the son's father and he didnt know about the son. He could have also owned the island/resort or whatever the vacation spot was. Other vacationers were also vacationing with smaller love stories thrown in. They ended up rekindling their love.

I remember she had to get there by boat and when she got there, as she got off the boat she spotted the ex and so she tried to get back on the boat to leave but the boat driver wouldnt let her, so she hid from him, managed to get to her room, and was planning to hide out in there, but she eventually had to go out for food...

I also remember a dance scene where two other vacationers were dancing and the girl was taller than the guy and the guy laid his head on her shoulders (the reverse of "normal" movie scenes).

....sounds really girlie and soap opera like but it was a movie...any clues...anybody?
I really need to find this movie...Im going crazy with the search for it.

Posts: 3 | From: U.S. | Registered: Jul 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WALT
Rewind Curious
Member # 9877

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for WALT   Email WALT   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The movie or movies I seek are as follows:

One movie involves young ten men obsessed with sex. I can only recall one scene because its been stuck in my mind for over 20 years. The scene is about one of the guys is shrunk and ends up in a females underwear. By him scratching his way out makes the female go crazy while in class. Not sure if that rings any bells with anyone.

The other movie is about some young teens that have a hand held device that turns on women when the switch is turned on.

Please help me name these flicks.

Posts: 2 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Walt,
your first description is about the movie Getting Lucky (1990).. absolutely no doubt about
that !
It is available on dvd from Troma entertainment with a director's commentary.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WALT
Rewind Curious
Member # 9877

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for WALT   Email WALT   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Johnny Roarke is reckless - Thank you so so much mate! You have no idea how relieved my mind is, much appreciated.

The second movie I was seeking is about some young men that find or make a remote device that controls women's sexual appetite. The device, when turned to 10( or high) makes the women it was pointed at go absolutely crazy with desire.

I seen this movie many years ago and saw it on TV once since then. Please assist me if you can...

Posts: 2 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The film was sci-fi, young boy in the central role (like boy from D.A.R.Y.L), this boy gains a black, out of this world, remote control (thick triangle shape I think) which is his source of power for the movie... he moves a space ship in the end with it. It's along the lines of D.A.R.Y.L and flight of the navigator I think.
Sounds like 'Sheriff and the Satellite Kid' or its sequel 'Why Did You Pick on Me?'

[ 19. August 2011, 09:38: Message edited by: Logan 5 ]

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MickeyCoast
Rewind Curious
Member # 9855

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for MickeyCoast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Logan,

It could well be the sequal... thanks a lot.. Will look closer but looks very familiar!

Mike

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jul 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky2
Rewind Curious
Member # 9931

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Lucky2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am trying to find the name of an 80's movie ( I believe) What I remember about the movie is two teenage girls one pretty (the bad one) the other not so pretty and not so bad. They become friends and the pretty one has a brother that the other girl likes. I remember they steal "fire engine red" nailpolish. I also remember a scene where the girl gets on the handle bars of the brothers bike and he goes very fast scaring her. I have been trying to find the naame of this movie forever and hope someone else knows it.
Posts: 4 | From: Florida | Registered: Aug 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fanny469
Rewind Curious
Member # 9941

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for fanny469   Email fanny469   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello all hope someone may know this movie and wishful thinking thank u ,i think it is 80's.. takes place in like old times like a conan movies maybe.. woman is main person whos father is killed by a guy who used to be on his team she goes after him to try to kill him they play a fighting sport like 5 on 5 like a hockey or lacroos kinda thing.. sry if cant remeber much havent seen it in like 13 years or so
Posts: 1 | From: mass | Registered: Aug 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi fanny469!

You might be remembering Salute of the Jugger aka Blood of Heroes (1989)
Great movie!

The Salute of the Jugger Trailer

-  -

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovinit
Rewind Curious
Member # 9980

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for lovinit   Email lovinit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its driving me crazy please help! i believe it is an 80s movie. it takes place in a single classroom out in the country. a couple of guys show up in masks of animals(?) they kidnap the teacher and kids and some how the teacher manages to get the kids in a cave and end up like up on a mountain. sorry thats all i remember

[ 12. September 2011, 18:19: Message edited by: lovinit ]

Posts: 1 | Registered: Sep 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey lovinit..

The movie you seek is probably:

-

The Fortress (1985)

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Valley,

I saw this once when I was 8 and have always wanted to watched it again and had no idea what it was called.

Thanks heaps.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
The name of a movie. The title might even be obvious to me but perhaps I am just having a brain failure:

I believe there are some people doing a course to get their driver's licence. It may have even been a movie based solely on getting their licence.

But someone says in the movie, like an instructor:

"What is the first thing you should do upon entering a vehicle."

and one of the guys says"

"Hotwire it."

Like I said, it might be an obvious one and perhaps even a movie I am familiar with but having a major brain freeze.

For some reason I have the feeling it is a movie similar to the likes of Moving Violations.

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try this movie.. almost positive it is it ..

-

Crash Course (1988)

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Well, it's certainly not a movie that I have seen for a long time but that is certainly it.

Thanks heaps, once again.

I dunno how you got that one so quick.

Retro454
Rewind Curious
Member # 9983

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Retro454   Email Retro454   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope someone can help me w/ this, has been driving me nuts for years!...I cant remember the name of this movie but remember watching it when I was little (80s)..What I remember is a boy and a girl and possibly a midget? Or maybe a hobo, cant remember but it involved magic or a fantasy world, something like that..I remember one scene where I think theyre looking for their mom and theyre riding in a gondola and its foggy and magical looking and I think they see their mom up on a rope, like in cirque de solei where they are dangling from the rope and do tricks or whatnot...I know its not much to go by I remember really liking it as a kid and I cannot find out what it was called anywhere!!
Posts: 2 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovely_julie
Senior Rewinder
Member # 6249

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for lovely_julie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Retro454

Sounds like this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093116/

Posts: 61 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Manchine
Rewind Curious
Member # 10084

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Manchine   Email Manchine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all,

I am trying to find a movie, pretty sure it's an 80's movie. It was what I would call a comedy horror.

What I remember is this teenage guy's parent's were hosting a Halloween party, the guy actually falls for this new girl in town, she is actually a dead cheerleader that came back to life. Anyway, she eventually tells him this, and says that sometimes the dead come back to life just to have fun. Several of the undead actually go to his parents party, since it's a costume party most of them blend right in. It seems to be more comedic mischief then anything else. Some of the undead do come back to cause havoc though.

I wish I could remember more. =( Any help would be greatly appreciated. =)

Posts: 2 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Hi Manchine..

The Halloween movie you seek is:

The Midnight Hour (1985)

Manchine
Rewind Curious
Member # 10084

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Manchine   Email Manchine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, THANK YOU! I have been trying to find this movie forever, never could remember the name or even find any info on the web. I tried searching by plot, the few lines from the movie I remembered...nada.

I really appreciate it! =)

Posts: 2 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home