iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie... (Page 23)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29   
Author Topic: FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie...
Zico140
Rewind Curious
Member # 9061

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Zico140   Email Zico140   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey Valley, I checked it out, I was looking for the 1995 version. thnx a lot.
Posts: 3 | From: Toronto | Registered: Jul 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for coming back and telling me! I've been trying to think of a similar 80's movie.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SavageHenry
Rewind Curious
Member # 9082

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SavageHenry   Author's Homepage   Email SavageHenry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Q: Does anyone remember a movie that was based around halloween, and there were 3 statues. A tall skinny red one, a mid size blue one, and a short chubby green one. And a kid somehow got the blue one to come to life. and it ran real fast and helped him out. I think the kid was high school aged... Also i remember the monster mash song being involved... am i crazy or anyone else remember something somewhat like this?... might have had something to do with a full moon... maybe kid turned into the monster???
Posts: 1 | From: Super Secret Hiding Position ALPHA 1 | Registered: Aug 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Pet Monster (1986)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0400673/

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avlis
Rewind Curious
Member # 9108

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Avlis   Email Avlis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Q: I'm trying to find the name of a movie (or made for TV movie) from the 80s, but I don't remember that much about it...

There is a boy that can heal animals with his hands.
He heals a blind turtle.
Someone brings him a dead animal and he can't do anything for it.

There is one scene where he and his buddy are playing in a river and some bullies kick them out...then the boy shocks them with his hands through the water...

I think the boy has flash-backs of his mom dying by getting hit by a bus when he was younger...

Any information would be great...I've been looking for this movie for a while.

Thanks.

Posts: 4 | From: NM | Registered: Aug 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could it be 'Powder':

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114168/

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avlis
Rewind Curious
Member # 9108

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Avlis   Email Avlis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Logan5 thanks for the suggestion, but Powder isn't the movie I'm thinking of. I wish I could remember more about it.

I think at the end of the movie the boy finds out that his mom is still alive, but I'm not sure.

Thanks again guys for any thoughts you have. [Smile]

Posts: 4 | From: NM | Registered: Aug 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avlis
Rewind Curious
Member # 9108

Rate Member
Any other thoughts guys?

This one is killing me...

DarkRavenZ
Rewind Curious
Member # 9138

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for DarkRavenZ   Email DarkRavenZ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, I'm looking for a movie title. It was so long ago, I only remember one scene. A woman was kidnapped and held in a room possibly for ransom. While she was being held there, a couple of thugs came in and was trying to assault her. In the meanwhile a male who was in the area came and rescued her before they could assault her (i think). It seemed like it was set in hong kong or a gang related district. That's all I can remember. Can anyone help? Thanks
Posts: 3 | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello DarkRavenZ!

Gwendoline (1984) has similiar scene.

Gwendoline - Damsel in distress scene

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkRavenZ
Rewind Curious
Member # 9138

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for DarkRavenZ   Email DarkRavenZ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi aTomiK, Thank you for trying, but that was not the movie. I really appreciate your help.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkRavenZ
Rewind Curious
Member # 9138

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by PNorris1979:
Does anyone know this movie? Its about abunch of teenagers that dress up for halloween and start becomeing the monsters thay dressed up as.

Hi PNorris1979, Is it an old movie? Try Tick 'r Treat (2008)
DarkRavenZ

Avlis
Rewind Curious
Member # 9108

Rate Member
I found it!

The Gifted One (1989)

Thanks for your help. [Big Grin]

Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go, Avlis! I have never heard of that one before. Thanks for stopping back in to let us know your case has been solved. You should stick around and post more if you see any topics that interest you. New blood is always welcome around here. [Smile]
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerberus
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8063

3 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kerberus   Email Kerberus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to hear you found it Avlis i got real curious myself:)
And as previous speaker stated Welcome!

Posts: 16 | Registered: Jul 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jayvee
Rewind Curious
Member # 9156

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jayvee   Email jayvee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great site. First post. Reviewed the thread and apologies if I missed the answer.

I am looking for the name of a film, made in Canada, 80s, something like War Games, but low budget and no graphics. (But IMHO with a better premise).

A student develops an algorithm which he releases into the school computer and changes his marks. The algorithm escapes into the 'net causing havoc in other systems. I am stopping here so as not to be a spoiler.

Thanks in advance. JV

[ 12. September 2010, 21:35: Message edited by: jayvee ]

Posts: 2 | From: Waterloo, ON, Canada | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockbandexpert
Rewind Curious
Member # 9164

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Rockbandexpert   Author's Homepage   Email Rockbandexpert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Q: OK I Need Help With This Movie I Think It Was An 80's Movie There Was A Young Boy Who Was Like Lost In A Mountainy Forest And He Had to Survive There Was People Chasing Him I Remember A Scene Where There Was Men On Dirtbikes Chasing Him He Tricked One Of Them And The Man Went Off The Cliff I Think And throughout the movie the boy setup traps and stuff i think There Is Another Scene Where He Has To Use A Zipline But Is Afraid At First But Then He Works Up The Courage The Boy Was Dressed In Like Animal Fur And I Think Had A Wolf Head For A Hat And He Wore A Necklace I Think That Had some kind of medallion on it like a talon or something i dont remember i think he ran across some people or someone At a cool looking fort like place i think the person or people tried to trick him into staying with them but he said he had to keep moving i think i remember like his father or maybe the man that raised him was a husky guy with a big beard white beard i believe but he dies or is killed somehow near the beginning and then the boy is on his own from then to survive i can't remember who or what is chasing him though i'm not sure if his father or whoever the man was sent him on a quest or he just had to survive till the end. it's based in a foggy mountaln forest i do know that i think it ends with the boy on a cliff top and a helicopter hovering over him Not Directly over him like just off the cliff in front of him and the boy is crouched down like he's tired and hurt ending camera angle is from helicopter to boy on cliff. i strongly believe that's how the movie ends. any help with this is highly appreciated for years i have been trying to find this movie please help A 1000 thank you's. god bless.
Posts: 1 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by jayvee:
A student develops an algorithm which he releases into the school computer and changes his marks. The algorithm escapes into the 'net causing havoc in other systems. I am stopping here so as not to be a spoiler.

It sounds like Hide and Seek (1984).
jayvee
Rewind Curious
Member # 9156

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jayvee   Email jayvee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Secret: Thanks. Hide and Seek it is. The film was based on the the Sci-Fi novel The Adolescence of P-1 , (1977) by Thomas J. Ryan. (Ref. Wikipedia). I am pleasantly surprised to find that the novel is set in the town where I live. Per Wikipedia: The low budget film was one of the first to describe a computer virus and artificial intelligence (AI). IMO War Games was just a gamer and a hacker with no I, Artifical or otherwise. [Wink]
Posts: 2 | From: Waterloo, ON, Canada | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr.Flavor
Rewind Curious
Member # 9217

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Dr.Flavor   Email Dr.Flavor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually need the name of a movie, and I just became a member of this message board to figure it out..maybe you guys can help?

The movie is about a 'hate-filled' teen girl, she's a bit angry and tough, she has piercings, dyed oddly colored hair, etc,.I know she is mad at her mom/parents etc, and she goes to a carnival of some sort. I remember her being really hot and climbing something like a water tower. I think it was a slightly action filled type movie, but not 'scary'. I believe she had long hair and she 'shaved' or cut the majority of it off, angry with mom, went to carnival. (wow..this is pretty broad, don't know what else happeend though). I'd like to see the movie again. anyone help?

Posts: 1 | From: San Diego | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Dr. Flavor..

This movie doesn't describe it exactly, but how about:

Breaking All The Rules Rewind Thread

Breaking All The Rules Rewind Movie Page

If this by chance not the movie.. how about a longshot:

"The Legend of Billie Jean"

Neither fit your description totally, but that is all I can come up with at the moment..

[ 26. October 2010, 00:23: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ml2CoolCat
Rewind Curious
Member # 9093

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Ml2CoolCat   Email Ml2CoolCat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im looking for the name of a movie from the 80's with Laverne from the Laverne and Shirley i think it was space something i cant remember but if you know the name and where i can find it i would appreciate it thanks
Posts: 6 | Registered: Aug 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Any more details that you can remember? I don't recall Penny Marshall being in very many movies in the 80's.. how about Cindy Williams in "UFOria"?

Spaceballs?

Space Camp?

Ml2CoolCat
Rewind Curious
Member # 9093

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Ml2CoolCat   Email Ml2CoolCat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i made a mistake it was Shirley and it was a take off of the alien movie and the alien starts to sing "i want to eat your face" some kind of comedy i guess
Posts: 6 | Registered: Aug 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ml2CoolCat
Rewind Curious
Member # 9093

Rate Member
it had leslie neilson in it too
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home