iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie... (Page 22)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  27  28  29   
Author Topic: FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie...
momof4monkeys
Rewind Curious
Member # 8783

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for momof4monkeys   Email momof4monkeys   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
one more thing I remembered....I think the little green light turns into a pyramid that the little girl holds in her hand...
Posts: 3 | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momof4monkeys
Rewind Curious
Member # 8783

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for momof4monkeys   Email momof4monkeys   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nevermind! Found it!!! The Day Time Ended 1980 [Smile]
Posts: 3 | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
firefansec8
Rewind Curious
Member # 8823

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for firefansec8   Email firefansec8   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kiki:
I'm looking for this movie that use to air on the Disney channel (I think) at night. I think it is an 80's movie (it looked like it) anyway...

It was a story about a high school girl (and if i remember correctly I think she was a babysitter too) who wants to be popular so she visits this lady (possibly a fortune teller or something? She looked old and dressed like one) and that lady helped her wish come true and she became popular. Then another part in the movie she showed the old lady a picture of a pretty woman that she wanted to look just like and it happened.

She ends up with a popular guy and goes and makes out with him in some abandoned house. Thats all I can remember.

Can anyone tell me the name of this movie?

Posts: 8 | From: Illinois | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
firefansec8
Rewind Curious
Member # 8823

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for firefansec8   Email firefansec8   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The movie is called "Teen Witch" it was a good one...one of my faves as a kid.
Posts: 8 | From: Illinois | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
firefansec8
Rewind Curious
Member # 8823

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by BoriGurlaHP:
ok i have 2 movies i would like to find the names of

1. there was one about a girl and her boyfriend and in the beginning of the movie they show im at the store with her and i think he gets shot and shes there holding him and he comes back to life or something in the movie and i think the theme song to it was "my boyfriends back and theres going to be trouble hey ya..."

2. this one is really hard because i hardly remember anything. it should be a 80s movie if not early 90s its a dance movie and all i remember is the end where the girl and the guy are supposed to do a dance but some people dont want them to and they are chasing them and the guy the girl is with helps her get out of the window and she takes off her shoes i think and they get out of the window and they are climbing out on the side of the building on the stairs or something

any ideas would be great! thanks!

firefansec8
Rewind Curious
Member # 8823

Rate Member
#1 is actualy called "my boyfriends Back"
omie
Rewind Curious
Member # 8865

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for omie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all, great site. I have one I've been looking for, and I'm not sure if I have the title right, and it's just not popular, or I'm totally off on the title.

I want to say the title of this movie is 'TM, I love you', and I can't remember if this was a 70's or 80's movie, because I THINK it's Japanese. It's a live action movie, that takes place in Japan, and follows a little girl around with some sort of smart robot that she's runaway with, or something along those lines.
She's joined by a japanese boy who protects her from being found. I remember that in one scene, they end up sleeping in a department store or something, and he's guarding her with a katana sword.

Any help would be appreciated. It's been stumping me for a loooong time. Thanks, y'all!

Posts: 1 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyon
Rewind Curious
Member # 8873

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Canyon   Email Canyon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there!

I am looking for a movie which I saw back in the 80's.

It's a movie from the 80's and this is what I remember of the plot.

There is a couple and they have a teenage daughter. I think that the mother is actually the girl's stepmother. She and her father are American and I'm pretty sure I remember that they move into this huge mansion in England. There is a large staircase and at the bottom on the carpet, is a large blood stain that has been there for many years. I remember that they got in two paranormal investigators to do an investigaion, and they begin to get an image of a woman dressed in an Elizabethan style dress and collar appear, and one of the investigators faints. Also, the teenage girl meets up with a ghost, in the form of an old man, and near the end of the movie, she has to somehow save him from disappearing altogether. I also remember that at the end of the movie, the girl sees a boy at school, looks over at him, and tells her father that she is interested in him. It could be a TV movie, but I'm damned if I remember the title, let alone who was in it.

If you could help in any way, I would be grateful!

Thank you!

Posts: 2 | From: Bristol, UK | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerberus
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8063

3 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kerberus   Email Kerberus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Canterville Ghost is the movie / TV-Movie you're looking for [Smile]
There were many different versions made.
So i don't know excactly wich one you are looking for.

Posts: 16 | Registered: Jul 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyon
Rewind Curious
Member # 8873

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Canyon   Email Canyon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kerberus, thank you so much!

It would have been the 1986 version with Sir John Guilgud. ;-)

Thanks once again.

Posts: 2 | From: Bristol, UK | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
firefansec8
Rewind Curious
Member # 8823

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by @mb3r133:
Help!!

My spouse described a 1980's movie to me, and though I pride myself on my knowledge of the genre, I am thoroughly STUMPED! Here is what was described:

Story of a boy who grows up in an upper class home with 2 loving parents, basically an entitled life, and when he is a teen he is killed somehow, but he is reincarnated, this time to a poor, low-class family. He looks EXACTLY the same in his second life as he did in the first life. The only other thing that can be remembered about the film is a part sometime toward the end of the movie where the boy is not quite a teenager anymore and is hitchhiking, and he is picked up by the now-older parents from his first life. They look at him in recognition and look at each other, unbelieving...and other than that, total blank.

Please help me redeem myself!!! Thanks!

firefansec8
Rewind Curious
Member # 8823

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by @mb3r133:
Help!!

My spouse described a 1980's movie to me, and though I pride myself on my knowledge of the genre, I am thoroughly STUMPED! Here is what was described:

Story of a boy who grows up in an upper class home with 2 loving parents, basically an entitled life, and when he is a teen he is killed somehow, but he is reincarnated, this time to a poor, low-class family. He looks EXACTLY the same in his second life as he did in the first life. The only other thing that can be remembered about the film is a part sometime toward the end of the movie where the boy is not quite a teenager anymore and is hitchhiking, and he is picked up by the now-older parents from his first life. They look at him in recognition and look at each other, unbelieving...and other than that, total blank.

Please help me redeem myself!!! Thanks!

The movie is called "Made In Heavan" 1987, with Tomothy Hutton and Kelly McGillis
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been trying remeber the title for years think it was late 80s about some teenagers go swimming in an old church and a cross falls of someones neck awakening some creature mabe vampire from under the water then it goes about killing virgins i remember mabe main charater loses virginity to stay alive???
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tankman201
Rewind Curious
Member # 8888

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for tankman201   Email tankman201   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
looking for a movie think it was 80s where they play a game of pranks dont remember what its called then one character inhierts this old house they fix it up towns people dont like it so play this game on the town
Posts: 3 | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Playing For Keeps?

[ 12. May 2010, 09:20: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tankman201
Rewind Curious
Member # 8888

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for tankman201   Email tankman201   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes
Posts: 3 | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tankman201
Rewind Curious
Member # 8888

Rate Member
thats the one thank u very much
tina maispeis
Rewind Curious
Member # 8916

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for tina maispeis   Email tina maispeis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I REALLY NEED TO FIN OUT THE NAME OF THIS MOVIE, CAUSE I PROMISE IT AS AN ANYVERSARY GIFT!!

ITS A 12 OR 13 YEAR OLD KID THAT BUILD A MACHINE THAT CAN GROWN VEGETABLES REALLY BIG... AND THEN HE USES IT TO MAKE HIMSELF OLDER... HIS TEACHER FALLS INLOVE WITH HIM AND WHEN SHE FOUNDS OUT THAT HE WAS A KID SHE TRANSFORM HERSELF

I KNOW ITS ALMOST THE SAME STORY AS BIG (TOM HANKS) BUT IS A DIFFERENT MOVIE IF YOU HELP ME FIND IT I WILL APPRECIATED SO MUCH.

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'14 Going on 30':

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094592/

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raydawg2020
Rewind Curious
Member # 8922

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for raydawg2020   Email raydawg2020   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm looking for an 80's movie where there was a blonde woman seeking revenge from i believe, sort of like a biker gang.I was about 12 years old when i saw it but i do remember a bathtub scene where she takes a bubble bath revealing pubic hair Also at the final scene she kills someone with a bow and arrow
Kerberus
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8063

3 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kerberus   Email Kerberus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it's not totally up to par with your description but it might be Savage Streets (1984)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT9NGNh0HA4

Posts: 16 | Registered: Jul 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raydawg2020
Rewind Curious
Member # 8922

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for raydawg2020   Email raydawg2020   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To be honest i was too young to remember and only seen it once to know who were the actors,but i kinda remember like a blonde girl as the lead or at least the one in the bathtub scene I'll take a look at this film and see if any memories spark Thankks
Zico140
Rewind Curious
Member # 9061

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Zico140   Email Zico140   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Im looking for a movie. It is about a kid who has some sort of accident with a computer and he absorbs all the computer's info. He also happens to be in a high school jeopardy like team (so now he is like the best cause he knows everything from the computer) near the end, I remember the guy who is on the opposing team, sends him a computer virus. does anyone know what this movie is called?

thank you.

Posts: 3 | From: Toronto | Registered: Jul 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My thought is that you are looking for "The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes"..

There are two choices.. the original from 1969 with Kurt Russell and the remake from 1995 with Kirk Cameron.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zico140
Rewind Curious
Member # 9061

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Zico140   Email Zico140   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Valley, thnx a lot for ur help but i think im looking for a different movie.

the story is identical, but this is not it. I just checked out the movie u recommend. There was a romance element too, and the bad guy infected him with a virus. and im pretty sure it was after 1969. does anyone else have any ideas

thnx

Posts: 3 | From: Toronto | Registered: Jul 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home