iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie... (Page 21)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie...
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like My Mom's a Werewolf. Check it out [Smile]
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wrote the page for My Mom's a Werewolf........it doesn't sound like it? hmmmmm? the whole camper and brother thing sort of put it out of the running [Smile] I may be wrong???
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ooooo yeah duh could it be The Howling? with Dee Wallace? I haven't seen it in a long time.....but I think they do go into the woods and stay?
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Redheart78
Rewind Curious
Member # 8625

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Lady Redheart78     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no its not the howling or my moms a warewolf either. it might have been on HBO or Showtime. but again thank you for yr help everyone.

I mostly remember that her dog hated the guy with the dark hair because he had been bitten or injured by a wolf. i even wondered if it might have been the movie Night Shadow. but its not the same cast.

Posts: 10 | From: Florida | Registered: Feb 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Redheart78
Rewind Curious
Member # 8625

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Lady Redheart78     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i only remember the woman and the man because their the ones or only ones throught out the movie
Posts: 10 | From: Florida | Registered: Feb 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Redheart78
Rewind Curious
Member # 8625

Rate Member
I FOUND IT!!! Bad Moon - 1996. But Thank you everyone for the efforts.
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, i have Bad Moon on dvd.
It´s a pretty nice low-budget werewolf flick with Michael Paré and Mariel Hemingway.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Skip
Rewind Curious
Member # 8616

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Skip   Email Skip   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Skip:
hey people whats up,
movie I'm looking for was from the 80's ,perhaps late 70's.
The movie started with kids playing in a self build spaceship (a fake spaceship just for playing) that was standing in the yard of one of the kids.(they were playing like they were in a space war).
But most scenes I remember were from those kids doing crazy things with there skateboards; like 2 skateboarders next to each other holding arms and hangin verry low to the road while going pretty fast down a road.And one of the kids building a giant skateboard while the others visit him.
I think its possible that the actors were french-canadian speaking actors.
I think it ended with a skate contest,but not shure.
The kids were 12 to 14 years old I think...

Thanx in advance!

Anyone? (Im absolutely shure its NOT Kenny & Co.)
Posts: 4 | Registered: Feb 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyx
Rewind Curious
Member # 8685

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for daisyx   Email daisyx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey looking for a dance movie about a guy and its set on a tv show, kinda like cry baby, but its not that or hairspray....

It has sweet soul music on itys soundtrack....
thanks!

Posts: 1 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'The In Crowd'?:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095362/

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by daisyx:
Hey looking for a dance movie about a guy and its set on a tv show, kinda like cry baby, but its not that or hairspray....

It has sweet soul music on itys soundtrack....
thanks!

Logan5 is absolutely correct. The movie you seek is "The In Crowd". Great flick!
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ariel
Rewind Curious
Member # 8710

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ariel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello, the movie im looking for well its hard lol. I only remember the intro, its a kid cutting his face in front of a mirror...the song thats played is mocking bird during the intro. pleeasee help meee lol.
Posts: 1 | From: CA | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, it sounds like you're describing The Hills Run Red (2009).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0907676/

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Redheart78
Rewind Curious
Member # 8625

Rate Member
I've been looking for the movie "The Bride" 1985 featuring Sting in it. Does anyone know where I can get it? Thank you in advance.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lady Redheart78,

The Bride is also on my wanted list [Smile]

Check out cduniverse: http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=1985331&style=movie

You can get it also from amazon but it´s much more expensive there.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tmichaels88
Rewind Curious
Member # 8735

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for tmichaels88   Email tmichaels88   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can vaguely remember a movie from either the late 80s or early to mid 90s.

It was about three brothers, who don't treat their mother with the respect she deserves, and then one morning she's just disappeared. The boys don't know whats going on and they have to fend for themselves. Then i think a fair-like this comes to town and they get three tokens/coins to try out a variety of different mums. Each mum that they try out though just doesnt suit them, so they eventually go and smash the coin machine and steal more coins so they can try more mums. When all hope is lost and they don't think they are ever going to see their mum again, she reappears one morning, all is happy again.

Would really appreciate any help. Cheers.

Posts: 3 | From: gold coast | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I've been looking for the movie "The Bride" 1985 featuring Sting in it. Does anyone know where I can get it? Thank you in advance.
It's available in the UK dirt cheap (Region 2) it has a director's commentary.

[ 17. March 2010, 11:30: Message edited by: logan5 ]

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Redheart78
Rewind Curious
Member # 8625

Rate Member
Another good movie I always like was "Wild Orchid" with whats his name from 9 1/2 weeks and Sin City. Mickey Rouke? Its adult oriented so don't watch it in front of the kiddies lads.

Tmichaels88 - I never herd of that one. do u know any of the actors by any chance.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I´ve never seen Wild Orchid but i have the dvd.
Wish i had more time to watch all the movies that lie on the shelf [Cool] [Cool]

Alphonse
Rewind Curious
Member # 8464

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Alphonse   Email Alphonse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all. I'm trying to find the titles for 2 movies, I'm almost certain were from the 80's.

Every once in a while there's a story in the news about someone who has a crack on their wall that reminds them of Jesus or The Virgin Mary. Or a potato, or a shrub or any random thing. The movie tells the story of a family who has something such as this on their property and all the commotion it causes. Very funny movie.

The other, I can't remember too much about but it was a very funny spoof of westerns.

Posts: 7 | From: Detroit, Mi. | Registered: Dec 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerberus
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8063

3 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kerberus   Email Kerberus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Alphie, donno about the first 1.
But the second might be Blazing Saddles [Smile]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071230/

Posts: 16 | Registered: Jul 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hewey123
Rewind Curious
Member # 8781

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for hewey123   Email hewey123   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone pls. help, trying to find a couple of movie titles.

First movie i think was a slasher thriller type of movie. I believe it was a New yrs. eve party, there was a killer on the loose. I can remember someone hiding in a barn or garage. I also remember something to do with a keychain that beeps when you whistle and someone getting blown away with a shotgun.

the second movie i think is an early 80`s movie, took place on a farm somewhere in the midwest(not a 100% sure)I also remember 2 young adults playing in the hayloft of the barn, i can remember her being topless. I think i can also remember something to do with a dune buggy in the movie.

Any help would be great

Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Redheart78
Rewind Curious
Member # 8625

Rate Member
the second one sounds like the Critters movie. I remember a barn scene. just dont remember if she was topless or not. i dont know the other one but the guys and gals on this site are great, just give em a day or two and im sure someone will have an idea for u. best of luck
Lady Redheart78
Rewind Curious
Member # 8625

Rate Member
Yes it is Mickey Rouke in Wild Orchid and 9 1/2 weeks. Again don't watch with kids around lots of nudity and explicit scenes in Wild Orchid and some in 9 1/2. Much watches with yr girlfriends.
momof4monkeys
Rewind Curious
Member # 8783

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for momof4monkeys   Email momof4monkeys   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay...limited detail as I have seen this movie when I was around 4-5 years old(fyi 33 now) My dad and I have been trying to find it but here goes... little girl, green light bouncing at the foot of her bed....something having to do with triangles/spaceship or time travel. They live in possibly the desert/mountains - late 70's early 80's. So that's it....keeping my fingers crossed!
Posts: 3 | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  27  28  29   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home