iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie... (Page 11)

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  26  27  28   
Author Topic: FAQ: Check this FIRST if you're looking for the name of a movie...
jasey
Rewind Curious
Member # 6556

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jasey   Email jasey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know the name of a really stupid 80s film about two brothers who go to some beer factory? I think that's what it is. They talk like they are from Canada, like "A" all the time. I can't remeber who the guys were, but it was pretty silly. I've been trying to think of it and I can't for the life of me remeber! Thanks
Posts: 1 | From: ny | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jessesgirl78
Rewind Curious
Member # 6562

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jessesgirl78   Author's Homepage   Email jessesgirl78   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BoriGurlaHP:
ok i have 2 movies i would like to find the names of


2. this one is really hard because i hardly remember anything. it should be a 80s movie if not early 90s its a dance movie and all i remember is the end where the girl and the guy are supposed to do a dance but some people dont want them to and they are chasing them and the guy the girl is with helps her get out of the window and she takes off her shoes i think and they get out of the window and they are climbing out on the side of the building on the stairs or something

any ideas would be great! thanks!

This one is "Girls just wanna have fun".
Posts: 6 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jessesgirl78
Rewind Curious
Member # 6562

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jessesgirl78   Author's Homepage   Email jessesgirl78   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This one is from the late 70's or the early 80's. Its about a little girl who starts seeing her sister who dead in a car accident. Evenaully you find out that the dead sister is trying to drive the little sister crazy. She blames the little sister for her death. There is a part in the movie were you see what happened. The whole family (mom, dad, the two sisters and the younger brother) in the car and they have an accident. Everyone hurries out of the car. All except the older sister. Apparently the little sister was going to prank on her and tied her shoelaces together. And that why she couldn't get out of the car before it exploded.

Does anyone know what this movie is? BTW, the older (dead) sister is always in braided pigtails.

Posts: 6 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jayeh1969
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4654

Member Rated:
4
 - posted      Profile for jayeh1969   Email jayeh1969   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jasey:
Does anyone know the name of a really stupid 80s film about two brothers who go to some beer factory? I think that's what it is. They talk like they are from Canada, like "A" all the time. I can't remeber who the guys were, but it was pretty silly. I've been trying to think of it and I can't for the life of me remeber! Thanks

'Strange Brew' starring Bob & Doug McKenzie.
Posts: 60 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linda86
Rewind Curious
Member # 6614

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for linda86   Email linda86   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm looking for this 80-90's children's movie.
It's not the dark crystal but in my memory it's alot alike. One child (i don't remember exactly, maybe it has a sibling) goes away from home to a secret island/country to find..(something) and encounters several monsters and creatures.
It's not animated, there are actually actors but also puppets.

Posts: 1 | From: Netherlands | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoriGurlaHP
Rewind Curious
Member # 6504

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for BoriGurlaHP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jessesgirl78:
quote:
Originally posted by BoriGurlaHP:
ok i have 2 movies i would like to find the names of


2. this one is really hard because i hardly remember anything. it should be a 80s movie if not early 90s its a dance movie and all i remember is the end where the girl and the guy are supposed to do a dance but some people dont want them to and they are chasing them and the guy the girl is with helps her get out of the window and she takes off her shoes i think and they get out of the window and they are climbing out on the side of the building on the stairs or something

any ideas would be great! thanks!

This one is "Girls just wanna have fun".
NO ITS NOT THIS ONE!
Posts: 2 | From: chicago, il | Registered: Jan 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
badbones777
Rewind Curious
Member # 6690

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for badbones777   Email badbones777   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone, first ever post!

I cant for the life of me remember the name of a film. Its possible it was a 90's film, but I very much doubt it, i think it was mid to late 80's. Basically, its a similar setup to Tales from the crypt/CreepShow/Bodybags, that is to say, a Horror triptych, woven together by a background mini story or narrator, and with large dollops of black humour. I'll be honest and say I dont remember two of the stories, but one has stayed in my mind forever. Its basic the story of a kid who is a bit of an outcast, but only because he is thoroughly obnoxious, and his hobby is pulling the wings off flies, and making macabre dioramas with them, including a church scene, complete with a crucified fly and parishioners! He also gives a girl at school a cookie, the "chips" turning out to be flies..... As I said an obnoxious little swine, who clearly has it coming to him. things now get a little hazy for me, and i dont remember whether its magic, chemicals or what, but some of the flies hes been keeping grow huge, and in revenge for what hes been doing, pull his arms off, and at the end, the last shot of him is with prosthetic arms with little hooks on! Id love to know what this filw was, so if anyone can help, let me know!

Posts: 3 | From: Liverpool | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnnybravo
Rewind Curious
Member # 6708

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for johnnybravo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am looking for a movie about a mechanical lake monster, the main character is a young guy I'm not sure if he builds the monster or not, I think his hobby is building little mechanical things to trick people. thats all i remember.
Posts: 5 | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnnybravo
Rewind Curious
Member # 6708

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for johnnybravo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
another title I'm looking for is about a teen boy borrows his grandfathers car without asking for a short drive,at first he is very careful with the car but as the movie continues the car gets totaly trashed, very funny as I remeber it.
Posts: 5 | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgan H.
Rewinder
Member # 6668

Member Rated:
5
 - posted      Profile for Morgan H.   Email Morgan H.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by johnnybravo:
I am looking for a movie about a mechanical lake monster, the main character is a young guy I'm not sure if he builds the monster or not, I think his hobby is building little mechanical things to trick people. thats all i remember.

Hi Johnnybravo,

I'm somewhat guessing on this one, check out Frog Dreaming. Personally, I know this movie as 'The Quest'.

Posts: 31 | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgan H.
Rewinder
Member # 6668

Member Rated:
5
 - posted      Profile for Morgan H.   Email Morgan H.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by linda86:
i'm looking for this 80-90's children's movie.
It's not the dark crystal but in my memory it's alot alike. One child (i don't remember exactly, maybe it has a sibling) goes away from home to a secret island/country to find..(something) and encounters several monsters and creatures.
It's not animated, there are actually actors but also puppets.

My first thought is Labyrinth. , with a very young Jennifer Connelly.
Posts: 31 | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnnybravo
Rewind Curious
Member # 6708

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for johnnybravo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks "DMK high score" those look right, thanks again very helpful!
Posts: 5 | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ilerya D
Rewind Curious
Member # 6678

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Ilerya D   Email Ilerya D   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SciFi genre that the local cable station used to air at 12:00am every so many weeks. The last time I remember seeing this was in the early 90's and have wondered at the name of it ever since.

The movie is about the colonization of the moon, and features a woman scientist who has separated from her husband. They have I believe two kids together who live with her on the planet. There is a crisis and the father becomes the saviour of the planet after somewhat reconciling with the mother and they have conceived a child. Weird plot line I know, but still I loved this when I was younger... Classless B movie, but what can you do? the name of the colony was the thing that started with a P, it was something like Plymoth (ie Plymoth Rock...). There was a solar flare or solar storm headed for the colony and the family's son was trapped outside on the surface. He was in danger of radiation poisoning and the dad went to save him. I just remember they had an Alien butler and everyone was so worried about a baby being born there because there was no telling how crippled or hurt they may be due to the gravity/atmosphere.


Any help would be greatly appreciated, I think it started with a "P" but I could be wrong. I have been searching IMDB for a while with no success.

Thanks for all your help!

Posts: 3 | From: The Great White Canadian North | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ilerya D
Rewind Curious
Member # 6678

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Ilerya D   Email Ilerya D   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by linda86:
i'm looking for this 80-90's children's movie.
It's not the dark crystal but in my memory it's alot alike. One child (i don't remember exactly, maybe it has a sibling) goes away from home to a secret island/country to find..(something) and encounters several monsters and creatures.
It's not animated, there are actually actors but also puppets.

I think this is Dreamchild.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0089052/

Posts: 3 | From: The Great White Canadian North | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danamal
Rewind Curious
Member # 6716

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Danamal   Email Danamal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I just joined this site because I need help with finding a movie [Smile]
My movie has got to be from 1981-1984. It is Spring Break in Ft. Lauderdale and there are two sets fo guys who rent the same room, two of the guys are such dorks(like me), while the other two are studs. They all get along and share the room. It's mostly based on the geeks and somehow one of their fathers has his yacht down there and I believe they end up burning it by accident.
Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Posts: 1 | From: Saugus, MA | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752



9 Updates!

Member Rated:
5
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Danamal:
Hi, I just joined this site because I need help with finding a movie [Smile]
My movie has got to be from 1981-1984. It is Spring Break in Ft. Lauderdale and there are two sets fo guys who rent the same room, two of the guys are such dorks(like me), while the other two are studs. They all get along and share the room. It's mostly based on the geeks and somehow one of their fathers has his yacht down there and I believe they end up burning it by accident.
Does this sound familiar to anyone?

It's Spring Beak (1983)...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086352/

[Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vikijensen99
Rewind Curious
Member # 6722

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for vikijensen99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am looking for a movie
What I remember is this guys dad is out of town and he takes out his dad's sports car and crashes it into a tree
When his dad gets back the son gets him drunk and then takes him out to the scene of the accident and puts him behind the wheel of the car to make him think that he was the one that crashed it.
Then at the end of the movie I seem to remember the guy and his friends rebuilding the car with a bus engine and entering it in some sort of race.
Does anybody have any idea what this movie is?
It is driving me crazy.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vikijensen99
Rewind Curious
Member # 6722

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for vikijensen99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BoriGurlaHP:

1. there was one about a girl and her boyfriend and in the beginning of the movie they show im at the store with her and i think he gets shot and shes there holding him and he comes back to life or something in the movie and i think the theme song to it was "my boyfriends back and theres going to be trouble hey ya..."

The movie is "My Boyfriend's Back" The guy comes back as a zombie to take her to the prom.

IMDB My Boyfriend's Back

Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465



39 Updates!

 - posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jessesgirl78:
This one is from the late 70's or the early 80's. Its about a little girl who starts seeing her sister who dead in a car accident. Evenaully you find out that the dead sister is trying to drive the little sister crazy. She blames the little sister for her death. There is a part in the movie were you see what happened. The whole family (mom, dad, the two sisters and the younger brother) in the car and they have an accident. Everyone hurries out of the car. All except the older sister. Apparently the little sister was going to prank on her and tied her shoelaces together. And that why she couldn't get out of the car before it exploded.

Does anyone know what this movie is? BTW, the older (dead) sister is always in braided pigtails.

the movie is DON'T GO TO SLEEP. made for tv back in 1982 or so. very spooky, but good movie!! [Smile]

don't go to sleep

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
megleesweetpea
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6758

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for megleesweetpea   Email megleesweetpea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have been trying to think of a movie for about a year now and nobody has had any luck helping me. i do believe its an 80s movie. the guy looks kinda like billy from beverly hills cop but i dont believe its him. well anyways what i remember is him and his sister are home alone for the weekend or something and he was the employee of the month for ever at the resteraunt he worked at i dont remember where she worked at i think it was somewhere in the mall and the boy that liked her was the usher at the movie theater in the mall. he went over to her house one night and she tried to put to put the moves on him and he wouldnt go for it. i just saw part of a few months bakc but my cable wasnt working right so i dont know the name and i think thats all i really remember. please help me.
Posts: 11 | From: michigan | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morgan H.
Rewinder
Member # 6668

Member Rated:
5
 - posted      Profile for Morgan H.   Email Morgan H.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by megleesweetpea:
i have been trying to think of a movie for about a year now and nobody has had any luck helping me. i do believe its an 80s movie. the guy looks kinda like billy from beverly hills cop but i dont believe its him. well anyways what i remember is him and his sister are home alone for the weekend or something and he was the employee of the month for ever at the resteraunt he worked at i dont remember where she worked at i think it was somewhere in the mall and the boy that liked her was the usher at the movie theater in the mall. he went over to her house one night and she tried to put to put the moves on him and he wouldnt go for it. i just saw part of a few months bakc but my cable wasnt working right so i dont know the name and i think thats all i really remember. please help me.

wow, I was trying to figure out if you were joking about not knowing this movie since it is an 80's classic. Can you say
Fast Times at Ridgemont High . And you were correct about that being Judge Reinhold (Billy from BHC) in the movie.

Posts: 31 | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nikki184x
Rewind Curious
Member # 6796

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Nikki184x   Email Nikki184x   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Help

A friend at work has just asked me about this film and I cannot remember the title.

Its about 2 little UFO's who land in an old building thats being knocked down for development. They have 3 babies and they are cared for by an elderly couple and a black man.

The end of the film is that these UFO's rebuild the house for the people in it amongst the new america sky scrapers.

What is it called - thanks x

Posts: 1 | From: Warrington | Registered: Apr 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752



9 Updates!

Member Rated:
5
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Batteries not included...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092494/

[Wink]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chunlivf
Rewind Curious
Member # 6640

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for chunlivf   Email chunlivf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one knows the name of this movie! It is about a guy who is a writer I think who becomes a gigilo. He participates in womens fantasys. One is a whipping fantasy, one he is dressed as a cop, one is with food and one is with a politian. He also has a girlfriend. The women all become mad at him because he is putting them in his writing. There is also a dream sequence where he is in a pink tunnel with hands reaching out to him. It is not loverboy. I think this movie played on USA up all night or comedy central. Anyone know?! Thanks!
Posts: 5 | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AuroraD
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6828

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for AuroraD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi I'm looking for the name of a movie that came out maybe in the late 80s or early 90's. I remember it stared this brunette (can't think of her name) who breaks up with her boyfriend and goes to work for a terminally ill blonde lady (I think she may have cancer but I'm not sure. Anyways her ex finds out and they scheme up a way to try and take her money when she dies. He becomes her gardener/caretaker and is taking advantage of her illness when he falls in love with her. I remember him taking her to the mountains and they make love in the meadow. Also at the end of the movie he creates for her the most beautiful flower garden I have ever seen, he asks her to marry him and makes rings out of flowers for them both. She says yes, lays in his arms and then passes peacefully away.
I can't for the life of me remember any of the actors names or the name of the movie. Somebody has to know...Please Help. [Smile]

Posts: 15 | Registered: Apr 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  26  27  28   

Quick Reply
Message:

HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins
   


Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:


Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home

Powered by Infopop Corporation
UBB.classic™ 6.7.0