iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » What are these movies? (yup, The Wizard is stuck...)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What are these movies? (yup, The Wizard is stuck...)
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not often you see me asking this but I am stuck on trying to remember the names of two movies:

1. A surreal cartoon film, I think it might be "Gandahar (1988)" aka "Light Years", from what I remember these little people lived in a strange organic world and an outsider arrived, one of the people showed the outsider a large pair of headphones (the earpieces were as big as the people) where they would sneak off to and listen to it talking. Other than that my memory is very fuzzy but as it was on a VHS tape that ran out when recording off tv I don't know the end.

2. An action adventure involving a fast T-top pink car (looking like a Corvette/Nascar), some young guy with blonde hair at the wheel trying to get this woman away from the bad guys who often shoot at them, their cheeks get grazed by bullets at one point and the shooting doesn't happen in a city/town.

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sam hain2
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1964

- posted      Profile for sam hain2   Email sam hain2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. The Peanut Butter Bunch

2. Hugga Bugga Solution

Posts: 999 | From: Bismarck, ND | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry it has to come to this, but you brought it upon yourself...

-

[Razz] [Big Grin]

[ 05. November 2004, 21:07: Message edited by: The Wizard ]

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hambone Fever
Senior Rewinder
Member # 2974

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Hambone Fever   Email Hambone Fever   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Wizard.

I've got Light Years, and I've been meaning to watch it anyway, so I'll get back to you tommorow on that.

As for the other one, I was going to say Fast Getaway with Haim, but the pink car doesn't sound right. I'll look into it. The whole grazing the cheek with the bullet thing is pretty specific, and I don't remember that happening in Fast Getaway. I've never seen Fast Getaway

Posts: 74 | From: Portland, OR | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SpecialK
Master Rewinder
Member # 2152

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SpecialK   Email SpecialK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about "The Dream Machine" for #2? That and "License To Drive" are the only ones I can think of where a car played a big part.
Posts: 221 | From: Northern Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Dream Machine, it is like a silver Porche. And in License to drive, it is a blue cadillac. Aside from the dream sequence at the beginning of License to Drive and that is a red car. And they are being chased by the bus driver, then.
Posts: 944 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
Member # 533

I have Dream Machine laserdisc and Fast Getaway VHS (been chasing down Corey Haim movies, 'scuse the pun), it's not either of those, the guy in the film I'm trying to remember is older, mid 20s.

Hambone, that would be great if you can let me know what the film is like and what it's about, I like watching & collecting obscure films not many have heard of and that one is on my to-get-one-day list.

The Wizard
Member # 533

Ok some more clues on the style of the car chase film, it's similar to Assassination (1987) starring Charles Bronson and also similar to The Gauntlet (1977) starring Clint Eastwood in that throughout the film the two main characters are forever trying to get away from a bunch of hired hitmen or just plain bad guys with guns.
The Wizard
Member # 533

*does a little happy dance*

I found the name of the movie! was searching through a laserdisc seller's eBay stuff, clicking on the titles that looked interesting and bam, I recognised the film from the laserdisc cover:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6336558287 , Shaker Run (1985)

Checking IMDB I see it's available on DVD, I'm going to have to get this one because I remember the chase scenes were pretty good.

edit: just ordered it from DVDSoon for about £3.20 [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home