iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Need help finding the name of a movie...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need help finding the name of a movie...
Gable
Rewind Curious
Member # 196

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Gable   Email Gable   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I appreciate your help finding the name of a movie that I believe was made in the 80’s. It is about a trial for some Australian solders that were fighting a war in Southern Africa. Apparently they were given orders to perform some war related action for which when they were captured they were put on trial for it. As I remember the movie it flashed back and forth between the trial and the events they were charged with. One memorable scene is when the fort they were being held in was attacked, the prisoners were given firearms to defend the fort, then were put back in their cells after the attack was over. The quote from one of the actors was “That was a nice way to break up the day.” or something like that.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mike

Posts: 2 | From: Folsom, CA USA | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Rasmus
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 451

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Rasmus   Email Rasmus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi.

It sounds like the movie called "Breaker Morant" with Edward Woodward, but I could be wrong.

Posts: 20 | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 424

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Patrick   Email Patrick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not positive, but it kinda sounds like the movie 'The Dogs of War'(1981) Starring Christopher Walken and Tom Berenger...
Posts: 24 | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Gable
Rewind Curious
Member # 196

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Gable   Email Gable   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Rasmus, it was Breaker Morant. Now to find it at the local video store...
Posts: 2 | From: Folsom, CA USA | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home