iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » What's your favorite page?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's your favorite page?
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was a topic that someone started about a year and a half ago. I thought since there are so many new people here, I'd ask it again.

I was wondering based on content and information, what are some of your favorite movie pages that are on this site?

Some of mine are the Karate Kid, and the Evil Dead page. I have many more, but I can't think of them offhand.

There are some movies that I don't like but the pages are very interesting. They have info about the movie that you might not know. So what are some of your favorites?

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have loads - if I can include those that I have written, I guess it's my Some Kind Of Wonderful page - partly because it's my favorite movie, but mainly cos it was my first page, and the one that really got me into this site initially. either that or Electric Dreams.

Taking my pages out of it though, I'd have to go for April Houghton's page for The Princess Bride. There's loads of stuff there, and it's very well written, by a reviewer who obviously loves the movie.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaymi
Master Rewinder
Member # 1434

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jaymi   Email Jaymi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some Kind of Wonderful, Weird Science, Sixteen Candles, and anything with Ali and Jessica Rabbit on it!!!!
Posts: 348 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm kinda suprised at how much additional information has been added to my reviews of "Lifeforce" and "The Wizard", I guess it shows how much interest there still is in those films.
Of the reviews I've done I think the one for "The Wizard" is my favourite.

Has anyone been inspired by a fast-rewind review to specifically go and buy the film having not seen it before? what film(s) did you buy?

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Wizard:
Has anyone been inspired by a fast-rewind review to specifically go and buy the film having not seen it before? what film(s) did you buy?

Yes, I never got the chance to see the following movies and bought them because of the pages on here. Except for 'Summer Rental' they didn't disappoint me after seeing them. I have no favorite page, they all are great,... although some give away too much info on the storyline, which ruins it for the ones who haven't seen the movie yet.

- Summer Rental
- One Crazy Summer
- Better off Dead

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
northstar
Rewind Curious
Member # 2197

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for northstar   Email northstar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just won that film on ebay (Some Kind of Wonderful), i cant wait for it to get here, i hope its before xmas!
Posts: 10 | From: England | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a subquestion:

Out of all 23 pages I've written thus far, which one is your favorite? Do you have multiple favorites?

Speaking for myself, I think I did my best work on the pages for "Lethal Weapon" and "Talking Heads: Stop Making Sense".

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...The Rock Steady Flamethrower

More than 60% of 80s movies were rated R. HUZZAH! [Razz]

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home