iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Most disgusting 80s scene

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Most disgusting 80s scene
Nick N
Senior Rewinder
Member # 2158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick N   Email Nick N   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The most disgusting 80s scene is from Nightmare on Elm Street when Glen is pulled under the bed and his blood erupts from it like a volcano. Also when Tina is cut up and dragged across the ceiling.
Posts: 100 | From: Vernon, New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Society (1989)

Enough said [Smile]

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The end of The Fly.

Sick *and* disgusting.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Zelda's back in Pet Semetary.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm sorry the scene in Robocop where the psychotic guy on the bike crashes into the Toxic Waste container. And hearing the splat when he gets run over. Grody.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Missie
MadonnaWannabee
Member # 2186

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Missie   Author's Homepage   Email Missie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Devolution:

Zelda's back in Pet Semetary.

Eeeeeewwwww...yes, that *was* friggen gross. But I think the meat hooks in Hellraiser take the cake.

Missie

Posts: 432 | From: Burbank, CA | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a really gross movie called BAD TASTE that was absolutley disgusting. Im sure none of you have seen it.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My grandad showed me Bad Taste, wonderful film [Big Grin] the followup, Braindead / Dead Alive, makes BT look like a Disney film [Wink]

I actually managed to get some questions put forward to one of the actors in Bad Taste, someone on a dvd newsgroup asked if anyone had some questions they'd like to ask so I replied and all 4 of the ones I posted got asked/answered, the "illusion of a completely deserted town", "steep cliff face", "end up being a cult classic", and the "followup movie" questions:
http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=13&c=4

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking of BAD TASTE too...but I think that was a '90s flick. That was the evil monkey rats would bite you and make you rabid, right??? And the kickboxing priest who "kicked as** in the name of the Lord". A far funnier movie than BAD TASTE. For those of you who HAVENT seen BAD TASTE, there is a scene where a guy is in a roomfull of other guys who are aliens. He's somehow passed himself off as an alien too. They all pass around a bowl, throw up in it and then hand it to you to eat...and if you are indeed an alien this ritual wont disgust you. So to prove he IS an alien he eats...what they refer to as "chum". EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! I also seem to remember someone hangin off a cliff with a belt wrapped around thier head to hold thier brains in. Gee, did I actually WATCH the whole movie or did I black out before it ended????
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
oooops..I meant to say "I was thinking of DEAD ALIVE" not BAD TASTE.
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
By the way...one last thought on the subject: I WOULD recommend watching DEAD ALIVE and would not recommend BAD TASTE.
I also agree that Zelda was pretty much the scariest thing in Pet Semetary(maybe the ONLY scarey thing). she was freaky alright.

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two different heart rips. The first was the crazy evil dude in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, also Grace Jones does it in Vamp. Gross.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
Member # 533

I'd almost forgotten the infamous head explosion in Scanners. I got my Vamp DVD a couple of days ago along with Dream a Little Dream DVD, waiting for the right time to open & watch them, haven't seen Dream a Little Dream before and am looking forward to it.

As for scanners, uh oh... http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0327129/

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Wizard, Dream a little dream is sadly the high point of the two Corey's partnership, a great story done in a more sentimental way than you would expect. Gotta love it. Your head explosions scene in Scanners just reminded me of the woman who played Mama Fratelli in Goonies, who gets her head splattered by a basketball thrown by Kristy Swanson in Deadly Friend (1985). Now that was gross. Is Deadly Friend on DVD?
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rip, I was actually just checking on Deadly Friend and it's not yet. I had found the original trailer at videodetective.com, wonderful trailer by the way, and did a search and it's still just VHS. But yes, the Throw Momma from the Train lady getting Michael Jordan-ed, ick. But Kristy Swanson, yum. [Smile]
Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Swanson is the reason we have all things Buffy. The actress that is. She rescued Ducky from ultimate rejection as well. God bless her. As for Deadly Friend, another puzzling omission from the DVD ranks. Let's hope for 2004! I want some commentary from Wes Craven!
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I never could get myself to watch that heart being ripped out in INDIANA JONES. To this day I dont think I've seen it.
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about the Faces of Death movies. They are films that supposedly show real life events, like train wreck photos, electrocutions, and murder scenes.

I totally know what you mean about Zelda in Pet Sematary. That really freaked me out everytime I would see that movie.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
Well, we ended up finding out that a lot of the human stuff in Faces of Death was faked. However you all will be glad to know that the clubbing and eating of monkey's brains was real! [Smile]

But for real life stuff the internet is a cornucopia, like on Kazaa. AM Radio talk shows direct listeners to stuff like Daniel Pearl's execution or the American soldier's bodies in Iraq.

rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me, it's the scene in "Cobra" where the security guard gets smashed against the wall by a large truck. It's not the imagery that's disgusting...It's the sound.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...The Rock Steady Flamethrower

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home