iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » all 80's, all the time

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: all 80's, all the time
summerbeach1980
Rewinder
Member # 2066

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for summerbeach1980   Email summerbeach1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have an idea that i'm sure a few of you may have had already. most modern cable systems have at least 100+ channels. there's a channel for almost every genre and subject. but i've yet to see an all 80's classics channel. i'm not talking about some basic cable channel like "USA" or "TBS". i'm talking about an "HBO","STARS" type of network, with no audio/video edits or commercials. i'd rather have a network like that instead of the rest of the garbage that's on tv. let me know what you think.

- thank you

Posts: 37 | From: ct | Registered: Nov 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
summerbeach1980
Rewinder
Member # 2066

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for summerbeach1980   Email summerbeach1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just thought i'd add some (hypothetical) themes to the (hypothetical) 80's network.

-Spielberg Night
-John Hughs Night
-the Two Coreys Night
-the Brat Pack Night
-John Cusack Night
-Random 80's Classics Night
-80's Comedy Classics Night

-thank you

Posts: 37 | From: ct | Registered: Nov 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like the only channel I would ever need. Good idea Summer beach. Let's hope there is a thing that exists like this out there.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would be excellent, but unfort. with rights issues, somebody--like HBO who has the bucks---would have to pony up lots of dead presidents to be able to feature a decent library of our favorites.

Closest thing I have right now are my 300 80s flicks on vhs and dvd---and I'm the program director [Smile]

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
summerbeach1980
Rewinder
Member # 2066

Member Rated:
thanks for your replies.
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be a dream come true. I would never turn my channel. I wonder who you have to contact to get something like that done. You know you have no problems with the music side of the 80s getting their own channel. Now if they would only do it for us 80s fanatics, it would be awesome.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaymi
Master Rewinder
Member # 1434

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jaymi   Email Jaymi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would subscribe. It would be fun especially if the station would run ALL the movies...I like the idea of having a certain "star" night... [Big Grin]
Posts: 348 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home