iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Riptide joins the DVD age.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Riptide joins the DVD age.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today was a great day. Why? because after a full year of accumulating over 50 DVD's I finally acquired a Play Station to view them. Why did it take me so long? A combination of looking for the best DVD player on the market until I came to the realisation that I could play games and watch movies. I watched Thrashin and Valley Girl today, and let me tell you that seeing the extra features adds an awesome new dimension to what I was used to with my crusty old VHS's. I missed out big time unil today!

I have one question. Can you get classic 80's games for Playstation or is it some other medium?

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karl thomasson
Senior Rewinder
Member # 2023

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for karl thomasson   Email karl thomasson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well of course there is going to be some games that they remade to make it better. Guess it depends what games are out there Namco Museum Volume 3 (For playstation 1 and 2) includes.

Galaxian
Ms. Pac-Man
Pole Position II
Dig Dug
Phozon
The Tower of Druaga

Not into video games so I don't know what type of 80's or 80's remakes are out there.

tradgamesnow.com is a great place to look. Can trade different things with users, usually only paying for shipment. Other times you pay for how much they want plus shipment.

gamestop.com Which is the main company for most malls video game/ software store. A lot of times you can get games and movies really cheap

Posts: 61 | From: bluff city, tennessee | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wahay! now you'll have to get an av receiver & speakers so you can enjoy your films in glorious 5.1 audio (or 6.1 or 7.1 depending if on what you buy [Wink] )
Pro-Logic in an av receiver will turn a stereo sound source into 5.1, giving the film much more depth. I watched my Explorers and Howard the Duck VHSs last night and the stereo sound mixed into 5.1 made a whole lot of difference.

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home