iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Most Dramatic 80s scene

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Most Dramatic 80s scene
Nick N
Senior Rewinder
Member # 2158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick N   Email Nick N   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The most dramatic 80s scene I've ever seen is the scene from The Breakfast Club where they are sitting on the floor in the library talking about why they are in detention in the first place and they start crying. there was also some comedy in that scene.
Posts: 100 | From: Vernon, New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goonie_girl
Master Rewinder
Member # 1530

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for goonie_girl   Email goonie_girl       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, that was a good scene. i'd have to say the scene in st. elmo's fire where they are trying to break into demi moore's charactors apartment in the end is pretty dramatic too. but the most dramatic scene would have to be in stand by me when ace wants to take the body from chris and gordie. that was perfect!
Posts: 160 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nothinlikebefore
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1888

- posted      Profile for nothinlikebefore   Email nothinlikebefore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd have to say the scene in Blade Runner, at the very end on the roof. When Roy makes the comment about memories being lost, like tears in the rain... I cried.

Also the scene in Say Anything, where they are in the car and she gives him the pen. The lines where he calls himself a d*ck kills me.

Posts: 93 | From: texas | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Depp
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 317

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Lady Depp   Author's Homepage   Email Lady Depp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the most dramatic scenes ever in an 80s movie would have to be the part in Stand By Me when Chris and Gordie were talking about how Chris wished he could go to a place where nobody knew him, and he breaks down crying. Very emotional...also in the end when they show River Phoenix fade away.
Posts: 26 | From: Earth | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goonie_girl
Master Rewinder
Member # 1530

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for goonie_girl   Email goonie_girl       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the scene in stand by me when river phoenix fades away wasn't dramatic then, but when you watch it now, it's really creepy, definately ironic.
Posts: 160 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree w/ u Lady Depp, good suggestions. For my input, how about the last few minutes of The Last American Virgin or the scene in Pretty In Pink when Andy calls Blaine out in the hallway. Or, the scene in F B's Day off, when Cameron is taking out his pent up aggression on the car in the garage. C'mon, how many of your mouths dropped when the car when out the window. I was in shock!!!

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The scene in Top Gun after Goose has his fatal accident, and Maverick is in the bathroom before he has to see Goose's wife (Meg Ryan) stands out for me.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the songs "Part Of Your World" from "The Little Mermaid" and "Somewhere That's Green" from "Little Shop Of Horrors" were somewhat tear-jerking.

I welled up a little at the scene in "Fatal Beauty" where Whoopi Goldberg's detective character Rita Rizzoli is describing her drug-addled past to the bodyguard (Sam Elliot) of the man she's trying to nail for putting a deadly narcotic (the title drug) on the streets.

Mel Gibson as Martin Riggs, gnawing on a gun barrel and pointing it at his head while looking at a photo of his dead wife holds some resonance for me (I lost a loved one myself...To be specific, my father, who died of a heart attack in 1995. Also, I've tried to commit suicide several times myself, so I can relate to that as well).

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...The Rock Steady Flamethrower

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
servo
Senior Rewinder
Member # 2119

- posted      Profile for servo   Email servo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Easy, Terms of Endearment, when Debra Winger's dying in the hospital and her brat son is giving her grief. Somebody smack that kid!
Posts: 85 | From: Redford | Registered: Nov 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the gun standoff near the end of Million Ways to die was tense and dramatic.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home