iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80s clothes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 80s clothes
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you could bring back a certin style of clothing from the 80s what would it be? Would it be something that is already making a comeback? Would it be something wild?

There are plenty of things I would wear again, anything except for stone wash jeans.

I'd kinda like the old Madonna look to come back. That was kinda fun.

What would you choose?

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked the blazers with jeans. I loved my denim blazer, and I had a pair of denim boots. I loved that. I liked the chinese shoes with matching mini skirt outfits. I saw the pink and gray colors like the sweat shirts are coming back in magazines. I loved chopping up my sweat shirts and wearing them inside out. I loved wearing spandex with a satin jacket- I had a pink one and a turquoise one, that I wore with a black spandex bodysuit, and black high heeled boots. I wore alot of pink and gray, and pin-striped mini skirts, and pin striped baggy Lee jeans. I want designer jeans to come back in style, the old Jordache ones, and sergio valente and Sassoon-I loved the hand doing the ok sign with Sassoon. I loved hush puppy sweaters. I like hunt club clothes. Angora sweaters were a huge fad too. I had a few of them. The ruffled necked cowboy type shirts. The cowl neck sweaters-loved them. Denim jean jackets! I want to see red and black together again. Like the Breakin clothes- that will never be, guys don't wear crop shirts anymore, there guts would be sagging. All people wear are t-shirts and jeans. That's it. Guys have a better selection of clothing than women. All women have are sleazy bag clothing. Or old lady floral print ugly shirts. I can never find nice clothes, or cool matching earrings!! Oh..I loved the shirt dresses you wore with a big belt.
Bring them back too.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.finishline.com. thanks for reminding me about clothes, cause I am going there to get me another pair of Nike Cortez style sneakers, in pink and gray....I have 2 pair -an all white pair, and navy blue and white, they are the retro style the cheerleaders used to wear, Tom Cruise has them on in Risky Buisness.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooh! I love the Nike Cortez's! I have a few pairs myself. I always seem to buy them whenevr I go to the store. I guess I really don't like all the new styles that are available now days.

Shoes today are to flashy and waaaaay to expensive. I also like Converse Chuck Taylors. To me those to styles will never go out of style.

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THings I never noticed about the 80's until recently were the mens socks. Seeing some 80's NBA highlights, the basketball players used to wear those white socks with the coloured rings near the top and they wore them almost up to the knees. You just don't see that anymore. Not that I miss it.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
Hey, I know a couple of people that still wear those kinda socks....on their arms!
Missie
MadonnaWannabee
Member # 2186

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Missie   Author's Homepage   Email Missie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd bring back combat sandals...that's what we called them anyway..they have also been referred to as "Jesus Sandals"

They were almost always white, and had three straps across the top, and two on the side...we wore ours with socks...two pair, each a different colour. Represent! LOL

I saw some guy at Taco Bell the other day and he had on a pair of Creepers...he told me they only run about $35 now...grrrr! They were around $135 back in the day!

Oh, and of course, the uniform...black pants (baggies) and a men's shirt (poor dads) with a brooch at the collar and a pair of white Capezios...I miss my Capezios!

Hm, looking back, it seems mostly all I wore was white, black, grey, and pink.

Missie

Posts: 432 | From: Burbank, CA | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cs1992
Rewinder
Member # 694

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for cs1992   Email cs1992   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Swatch!

I had a Friend in high school that owned several of these watches. Remember the rubber protection strap that crossed the face on some of these watces?

Posts: 45 | From: Norbolt, ND, USA | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaymi
Master Rewinder
Member # 1434

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jaymi   Email Jaymi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
swatches can be had easily on ebay..I have a bunch...How about hot rolling your jeans???
Posts: 348 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noikz
Master Rewinder
Member # 1000

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for noikz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember I used to wear bright coloured laces in my trainers (sneakers) I used to put 2 pairs of laces in 1 pair of shoes. IE: yellow and pink, I'd then criss cross them and make a bizzare square pattern. [Roll Eyes] The things we did as kids. [Big Grin]
Posts: 239 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaymi
Master Rewinder
Member # 1434

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jaymi   Email Jaymi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
noikz, you can still do that!!!! who said you can't????
Posts: 348 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home