iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Can anyone help me name this movie?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can anyone help me name this movie?
mogthemoogle
Rewind Curious
Member # 2151

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for mogthemoogle   Email mogthemoogle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all. I need help trying to remember the name of a movie. The problem is, I'm not even sure if it's from the 80's or early 90's:( I remember it was a cartoon movie featuring a unicorn character (no, not "The Last Unicorn"). The only thing I can really remember about the movie is that some evil-doer was turning a bunch of characters into wooden statues. I vaguely remember a scene where a character was possibly turned into a wooden chair? If I can remember correctly, it was up to the unicorn to save everybody from being transformed. In the end, the unicorn is able to defeat the enemy (possibly a witch but I'm not even sure of that) by summoning up some magic powers. That is literally all I can remember about the movie. I've been searching for years to find it, but no luck:( I doubt that anyone in this forum can help with so little info provided but if anyone can point me in another direction where I might find a list of cartoon movies with summaries and pics in the same fashion as "fast-rewind" I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

You should try to do an IMDB search with the word unicorn as the keyword for searching, that might help, because I have not a clue.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey devo,

I tried that one, and the only thing that came up was The Last Unicorn.

I'm going to try some other sources later, I'll let you know if I find anything. One question to mogthemoogle, though - is it possible that we're talking Japanese anime here? There would have been a load of that, generally 'starring' some creature called UNICO. Can't identify the plot above, though - so anything else you can recall would be great.

- Paul

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was'nt there a Unicorn in the 'My Little Pony' movie. Oh please let it be so....!
Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mogthemoogle
Rewind Curious
Member # 2151

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for mogthemoogle   Email mogthemoogle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I checked out "My Little Pony" and that doesn't seem to be it as the animation didn't seem to be the same. I'm currently looking into Unico to see if that fits. The only problem is, I'm having a difficult time finding a website with screen captures or pics that could help me decide if that's the right movie. One of the pics that I did see was with a character with a Phinochio-like nose that I vaguely remember seeing in the movie. I also do remember that the Unicorn character was a baby or very young. So far, these elements fit my recollection. Would any of the Unico movies have been on TV at anytime? I don't believe I rented the movie ever (I may be wrong) but I do think I saw it on TV that one time. Anyways, you guys have been a great help. Thanks again!
Posts: 4 | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SpecialK
Master Rewinder
Member # 2152

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SpecialK   Email SpecialK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't remember the name of the movie but I remember seeing it on several occasions (I have two younger sisters that loved the movie when we were growing up). Unico was the name of the young unicorn character. If I remember right, it battled a demon or something at the end and it's horn killed it. Sorry I can't remember the name, but you've peaked my interest. I'll do some digging.
Posts: 221 | From: Northern Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mogthemoogle
Rewind Curious
Member # 2151

Rate Member
Yes! That's a part that I remember! It used it's horn. This is great, we're on the right track. I can't thank you all enough!
mogthemoogle
Rewind Curious
Member # 2151

Rate Member
Does anybody know where I can find a copy of the movie preferabbly for download?
SpecialK
Master Rewinder
Member # 2152

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SpecialK   Email SpecialK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forgot to respond to this sooner...I don't think this is the name of the movie, but it looks like Unico was a cartoon series in Japan or something. Do a search on the Fantastic Adventures of Unico and see what links pop up. There is a movie "The Last Unicorn" but that one isn't the same thing. Looks like some famous actors like Jeff Bridges and Christopher Lee did voice overs in that one. Hope this keeps you on track. Maybe you'll come across somewhere that will let you download the movie.
Posts: 221 | From: Northern Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SpecialK
Master Rewinder
Member # 2152

Member Rated:
Just happened to glance at the Google list on Unico and found this site which should be of interest to you and anyone else interested...

http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Den/6304/fantastic.htm

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home