iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Stephen King

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stephen King
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"BANGOR, Maine - Stephen King was expected to remain in a Maine hospital on Thanksgiving as he recovers from pneumonia, a spokesman said".

yahoo news

Get well soon Stephen [Cool]

Even though most English teachers think he's a trashy writer, theres no denying that Stephen King is a top storyteller, pages ahead of any other bestselling authour out there. So whats everyones fav SK book/movie? my personal favourite movies are 'Misery', 'Dead Zone','The Shining' and 'The Stand' miniseries, and as for his books; I'd have to say 'Dead Zone' and a classic short story called 'Beachworld' are the best.

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kash:

... theres no denying that Stephen King is a top storyteller, pages ahead of any other bestselling authour out there.

I couldn’t agree with you more Kash. [Cool]

My favorite Stephen King novel ( without a doubt ) must be 'It'. I never have been caught up in a story as much as with this one. The movie 'It' ( btw another one with Jonathan Brandis ) was less fantastic,… BAAAD ending. [Frown]
The short story I love most is 'Riding the Bullet'. Actually I love all of his work except the Dark Tower Series. But that is because I’m not into all that fantasy stuff.
Best Stephen King movies for me are 'The Green Mile' and if it counts… 'Stand By Me'.

Hang in there Mr. King, hope you get well soon!

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Banshee
Master Rewinder
Member # 1829

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Banshee   Email Banshee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
. So whats everyones fav SK book/movie?
Book: IT or The Stand (original one - not with the added hundreds of pages)
Movie: The Shawshank Redemption
TVM: Salem's Lot (and it's still excellent - saw it a few weeks ago on SKY)

In truth, I stopped reading SK quita a few years ago as his more recent stuff lacks punch.

Posts: 125 | From: Surrey, U.K. | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sias101
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2135

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for sias101   Author's Homepage   Email sias101   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stephen King is one of my idols, I remember being like 7 or 8 and my older cousins watching Pet Semetary and I got behind the couch in panic. But my favorite Stephen King movie is Stand by Me and book, well this month is Christine.
Posts: 13 | From: Brazil | Registered: Nov 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit
Master Rewinder
Member # 1904

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Email Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked the IT film... It was me and my mate sally's best King film, not cos it was scary but because it was hilarious!!!

Eddie Spagetti and B B B B Billy boy! We thought that movie was great.

I also liked 'sometimes they come back' i dont remember it much now but i remember when i saw it i cried it was quite a sad film.

Posts: 317 | From: South East London England | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sam hain2
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1964

- posted      Profile for sam hain2   Email sam hain2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Novels-"The Stand", "It", "Christine"

Novellas-"Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption", "Apt Pupil", "The Long Walk"

Posts: 999 | From: Bismarck, ND | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Shawshank, Stand By Me, and Pet Semetary. FYI, did everyone know that Stand By me was originally a short story in one of Kings novellas? Just some info.

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goonie_girl
Master Rewinder
Member # 1530

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for goonie_girl   Email goonie_girl       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
fave book: stand by me, shawshank redemption. (i've never read it, but i bet that would be really interesting.)
movie: shawshank, stand by me, and it
stephen king is an awesome writer...even if some of his stuff does scare the crap out of me. i hope he gets better soon.

Posts: 160 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goonie_girl
Master Rewinder
Member # 1530

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for goonie_girl   Email goonie_girl       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when i said i've never read it...i meant "it." sorry bout that guys.
Posts: 160 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sam hain2
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1964

- posted      Profile for sam hain2   Email sam hain2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RiverPhoenix4life:
I love Shawshank, Stand By Me, and Pet Semetary. FYI, did everyone know that Stand By me was originally a short story in one of Kings novellas? Just some info.

Tootles! [Wink]

I had a total brain fart. Stand by Me was based on the King short story called "The Body" and should have been on my favorite list.
Posts: 999 | From: Bismarck, ND | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
shame on you sam...lol

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goonie_girl
Master Rewinder
Member # 1530

Member Rated:
last year in 9th grade i did a whole project on the body by stepen king. it was really fun. i had to make a poster and i had to make an ad promoting the book. oh, and we had to have a prop so mine was a huge jar full of pennies. i was going to do cherry flavored pez but then i realized that was only in the movie and not the book. i think i got an A on that project too. lol.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home