iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » When was the last time you did something for the first time?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: When was the last time you did something for the first time?
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This post has been inspired by several other posts over the past week - not least the 'Christmas Wish' thread:

Here in the UK there's a tv commercial running at the moment (I think for an airline) which has African guys sneaking out of a city hotel at night to play in the snow, with the tagline "When was the last time you did something for the first time?"

Question is (and I appreciate this has nothing to do with 80s movies): What do you still want to do that until now you haven't achieved? And what will it take to let you achieve it?

I'm still thinking about this one - I used to write a lot, and would love to see something I've written in print, but I guess the internet has allowed a lot of people to 'publish' that otherwise might not. So I'm still thinking....

- Paul

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit
Master Rewinder
Member # 1904

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Email Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is an excellent question Mr Shrimpton... I just had to let you know that, im gonna go off and think now [Smile]
Posts: 317 | From: South East London England | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Master Rewinder
Member # 1904

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Email Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well the answer for the first question is really mushy but the last time i did something for the first time...

Last New year i fell in love for the first time...

PUKE ha ha ha.

No honestly ive had lots a boyfriends and always thought i was in love but when it really happens its amazing oh and i got engaged for the first time too [Big Grin]

I will be back to answer the next question ASAP.

Posts: 317 | From: South East London England | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have that writer's ambition, too. For the first time ever I took the plunge and started sending out query letters to production companies for my scripts. Got one feeler back who wants to see a treatment, so at least that's something [Smile] .

But I HAVE to do something entertainment related in my life. I'm only 27, so the dream doesn't seem too impossible.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Master Rewinder
Member # 1904

Member Rated:
I have always wanted to be a singer/lyric writer and although i write and record some of my stuff i havent got to where i wanna be, which is basically with a deal, getting my voice/songs heard, doing gigs and concerts, seeing my cd's in record shops etc etc.

I have never wanted to be a pop star though, i dont know if anyone has heard of Portishead And Beth Gibbons (you can listen to her stuff on bethgibbons.com)

Well that's the kind of success i would like, they can walk down the street and not get mobbed, i can imagine they live a quiet life earning money from something they love to do, they are not too rich probably comfortable and they bring out their albums when they are ready, they aint under no demands.

So if there are any record producers out there that want a determined, reliable, talented, different, versitile, unique (looks wise) artist get in touch with me... i do not disappoint! [Eek!]

sias101
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2135

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for sias101   Author's Homepage   Email sias101   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, September 19 I had a kid for the first time (and last, hopefully)
Posts: 13 | From: Brazil | Registered: Nov 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There have been alot of things that I have done that I did once and new I was never doing again..

#1 is riding the X-Flight at Six Flags
#2 is taking a ride in a helicopter over a live volcano
#3 this year was the first year I was in a serious automobile accident, I don't want to do that again
#4-I don't want to ride a motorcycle ever again
#5-I don't ever need to get on a ferris wheel ever again
#6-this year I did get on a 4 wheeler for the first time, and I admit that was pretty fun
#7-I have no desire to ever go horsebacking riding, because my first time doing that-was almost my last

I have no desire to ever go scuba diving or sky diving-those 2 things terrify me.

The things I want to do in my life I have pretty much done, I don't have alot of things I wish to experience that I haven't..I did get my name in that cooking magazine-Taste of Home-this year, and I hope to do that again..they have 5 million readers. I have meet alot of famous people in my life here and there.

I think 1 thing I would like to do is maybe go to New York City-at Xmas and see a Broadway Show, or go to Radio City Music Hall, allthough I have been there before, and I have been to the top of the Empire State Building.

I would love to go to a spa for a week and do aromotherapy and sit in a mud bath-I always thought that kind of stuff would be fun.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home