iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » General Hospital

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: General Hospital
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been watching this soap for 30 years..I can actually remember when I was 3 and 4 years old, and I knew I could get up from taking a nap because this was on tv. I watched it every day for years..up until a few weeks ago...they have ruined it now too-like evrything else, it is so gosh darn awful. Awful plots. They have the best looking actors I have ever seen on tv on General Hospital, but they have made it so stupid. I can't watch it anymore, and I never missed it. It was my Aunt's favorite show, and when she died of a brain aneurysm 4 years ago, I bought an emerald tennis braclet off Ebay that was worn by someone on the show, and I wore it in memory of my Aunt. Anyway, back in the 80's it was so great, Rick Springfield, John Stamos, and even Demi Moore had roles on GH. I keep wanting to write to the producers and say:"Why"?? why-ruin such a good show... They had Carly giving birth on there-it was pretty down right bizarre and graphic, and her husband shot the guy that was in love with her, that was helping deliver the baby, and the bullet went through him and hit her in the head...that is when I stopped watching. The story lines are so bad, they don't leave people married a week, and they are already having an affair, or miserable...it is sad. It has me really mad, every day I would watch it or tape it at 3pm, and now I can't watch it, cause when I do, it makes me sicker, to see what they have done to a great show, and I never thought I would ever say that..does anyone else watch it, and think the same thing?
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been watching that show since I was born. I hate what they did to Luke and Laura, and Lucky & Liz. I hate how Jason married Courtney and I hate what they've done to Liz's character. I also hate the storyline they used when Brenda was back. Come to think of it, I pretty much hate everything they've done to that show.

They have completely ruined my soap! [Mad]

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rindiegh11
Rewinder
Member # 1806

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Rindiegh11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really?
I haven't been watching it that long (4 years) but even though there is a lot of crap going on right now, there are some things to tune in for (like Georgie & Dillon, Luke and Skye and the return of Tracy)

No matter how bad it gets I don't think I will ever stop watching it-it has become too much of a habit for me. Isn't it weird to just stop watching after 30 years? Don't you go through withdrawls ? LOL! [Smile]

Posts: 36 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Georgie and Dillon's story line is dumb, I think Dillon is one of the cutest guys I have seen-younger guys-lately. I was so in love with Ingo Radenmacher-he's my main man, but his part as Jax, just stinks, when he is not with Brenda, they can't find another woman to fill her part, and Skye-I wanna gag when I see her, she is such a snot. It has gotten so bad..but if you have only watched it 4 years, then you wouldn't remember it having been really good. I always liked Sonny too,and Jason, but their parts have become so stupid now. It is the same story line being recycled over and over again. I am in withdrawal, but I can't watch it, cause it stinks, that's why I am mad, I am in deep withdrawal.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home