iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » My Buddy, My Buddy, wherever I go, he goes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Buddy, My Buddy, wherever I go, he goes
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

What on earth is the purpose of the buddy list?
On this Site that is?

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have wondered the same thing. I think it has something to do with private messaging. I dunno??? [Confused]

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gee, I never even looked at it before.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thought this thread would be about that insipid toy in the late 80s, talking boy doll. "My buddy and me like to climb a tree, my buddy and me like pee in the sea" or whatever.

Though we liked the name so we named our new beagle puppy Buddy [Smile]

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the FAQ - Buddy List:

quote:
When someone is on your buddy list, you can easily access their account to private message them. Add someone to your buddy list if you anticipate sending many private messages to the person. If a particular person is not on your buddy list, the only way to private message the person is by accessing the profile or clicking on the PM icon on a post they have added in the forum. You may remove people from your buddy list by unchecking the boxes next to the names. The only way to add a person to your buddy list is by accessing the person's profile or on the private message page for a particular message.
Hope this helps.
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
P.s: I thought it was My Buddy the doll too. Remember Kid Sister? Or, for that matter: Cricket....that one talked!!!! As did the evil Teddy Ruxpin.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by McFly:

Though we liked the name so we named our new beagle puppy Buddy [Smile]

Green with envy.
Beagles are the BEST!!! [Smile] I had one in Japan, he died when I was 15.
It's my biggest wish to someday have the time to own one again!
(Sorry, this one was completely off topic, but I just had to say this! [Big Grin] )

Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Kid Sister, Kid Sister, whatever I do, you're gonna do,

Yeah I remember the commercial to both.

Scary

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devo,
it is simply amazing what you remember. Have you ever thought about using those powers for good and not evil...lol. Just messin w/ u!

tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still remember this episode of Night Court where Dan had to testify at a trial, and went into hyper-drive with his comments. He then asked Harry how he sounded, and Harry says "Like Teddy Ruxpin hooked up to a car battery".

Yeah, we had that beagle 15 years, he hung on for a while, died just last year. [Frown]

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh no, McFly, I got that wrong then, I thought you had just gotten a new puppy. Sorry! [Frown]
Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home