iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Mad Max... BEYOND THUNDERDOME!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mad Max... BEYOND THUNDERDOME!
Uncle Entity
Rewind Curious
Member # 2109

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Uncle Entity   Author's Homepage   Email Uncle Entity   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys,

Just enjoyed this fantastic site in awe. I didn't do it for a very long time. I discovered the Beyond Thunderdome page, and it's very good.

I'm the webmaster of MAD MAXED:

www.madmaxed.cjb.net

Just wondering what are your opinions on MAD MAX III, especially on its final action set-piece (Underworld fight/The Chase scene)... too bad the movie is STILL so underrated... what a shame!

Let me know, thanks...

Tiziano

Posts: 10 | From: Italy | Registered: Nov 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like 1 & 2 better than 3. Somehow though whenever 3 is on TV I end up watching it. I used to really dig Mel Gibson.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the board! I love the Mad Max films and I'll have to check your site out. Thanks for the link!
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uncle Entity
Rewind Curious
Member # 2109

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Uncle Entity   Author's Homepage   Email Uncle Entity   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you will enjoy it! Thanks!
Posts: 10 | From: Italy | Registered: Nov 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MONSOON
Master Rewinder
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for MONSOON   Email MONSOON   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont like any site that has pop ups on it especially spyware like Gator!!
Posts: 264 | From: Bainbridge , GA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"two men enter! one man leave!"

"who run barter town?" "master blaster!"

love this movie. [Big Grin]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uncle Entity
Rewind Curious
Member # 2109

Rate Member
I think the Mad Max series is the only trilogy to feature three classics.
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

TIME OUT!!!
Wait let me scroll down and see that I read that correctly.

Huh????
The only trilogy with three classics?

Star Wars, Empire, Return of the Jedi?
(a smaller set of a total of 9 but still growning up is the first trilogy that you learn about)

INDIANA JONES!!!

Hell, I'll even give my due to Mr. Fox and Back to the Future.

Sorry for going off the handle, I love The Road Warrior don't get me wrong.

I know Mr. Entity that you are entitled to your opinion, but I couldn't just sit here and not defend other trilogies. Now if you are going to say that it was much better than the Scream trilogy, that is absolutely true.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uncle Entity
Rewind Curious
Member # 2109

Rate Member
Devolution,

I partially agree on this, but partially. Keep in mind the last TWO INDY movies weren't as successful or "popular" as the FIRST ONE. RAIDERS was revolutionary. The last two were derivative --- really great movies, but derivative.

Every Mad Max movie managed to create a new "trend", picturing a new scenario in a very successful way. Every Mad Max movie created a genre into itself. That's why they're still part of the same trilogy, but also three separated brilliant classics which should be regarded as such.

As far as concerning the STAR WARS TRILOGY, the last two movies were just follow-ups to A NEW HOPE, and not new directions originated from the original concept (my fave is RETURN, anyway).

djcsuperstar
Master Rewinder
Member # 723

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for djcsuperstar   Author's Homepage   Email djcsuperstar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my opinion, the Mad Max series is the greatest film series ever, unlike say, Star Wars episode 1 and 2, Jaws 3, The Godfather 3, Halloween/Friday/Nightmare etc...Mad max movies have only gotten better each time.

So yeah, I'm waiting (and hoping) to see what Miller can do with Fury Road.

Posts: 146 | From: Pluto | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uncle Entity
Rewind Curious
Member # 2109

Rate Member
Any other comment? I'm enjoying this discussion, really.
Uncle Entity
Rewind Curious
Member # 2109

Rate Member
I'm little bit disappointed. I tried to contact the webmaster of this site through private message... well, it didn't work.

Why can't my site be properly added to the MMBT page of 80 REWIND? I hope someone will get in touch with me.

Thanks...

MAD MAXED: Crack In The Net

www.madmaxed.cjb.net

Uncle Entity
Rewind Curious
Member # 2109

Rate Member
???
Uncle Entity
Rewind Curious
Member # 2109

Rate Member
Hey?
Uncle Entity
Rewind Curious
Member # 2109

Rate Member
Just checked out the MMBT page... what a beautiful CHRISTMAS surprise !!! When I watched in awe my beloved site listed there... I felt proud. No hypocrisy. I mean, 80s MOVIES REWIND is a sort of holy bible, and I'm happy to be one of the prophets (ehm... one of the angels? [Wink]

Thanks. Thank you so much.

MERRY X-MAS to all my 80ies brothers, and most of all wish the birth of a new, peaceful world.

And remember... no matter where you go, here you are !!!!!!! [Karate Kid]

Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Merry Christmas to you too! [Big Grin]
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Banshee
Master Rewinder
Member # 1829

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Banshee   Email Banshee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know the conversation started quite a while ago, but it went right by me.

quote:
RAIDERS was revolutionary. The last two were derivative --- really great movies, but derivative.

Raiders was revolutionary??? It's a throwback to those old serials from the 30's and 40's. Hardly revolutionary. Immensely entertaining.

quote:
The only trilogy with three classics? Star Wars, Empire, Return of the Jedi?
Out of the original Star Wars Trilogy, only TESB could be classed as anything near a classic. Star Wars, itself is fair to good. ROTJ is crap.
Posts: 125 | From: Surrey, U.K. | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
I love the whole Star Wars trilogy. You're right Banshee, TESB is the best outta the whole series! That's the one that I can watch over and over again without getting sick of it. The other two were great but TESB is the best.
Uncle Entity
Rewind Curious
Member # 2109

Rate Member
My only problem with TESB is that the movie works too much as "passage" between first and third chapter.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home