iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » What`s the best 80`s soundtrack? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What`s the best 80`s soundtrack?
Fightertown
Master Rewinder
Member # 7418

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Fightertown   Email Fightertown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Real Genius
Somekind of Wonderful
Valley Girl

Posts: 230 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Continuing... Man Valley, you have me thinking about this entirely too much.

5) A sleeper... Up the Academy. Ralph Macchio's first movie has Cheap Trick, Blondie, Nick Lowe, and more. It's totally under the radar.

6) License to Drive. I credit Cindy Mancini for making me realize how much I love the song Rush Hour. Peebles and Billy Ocean at the end. Not to mention Mr. Sinatra in the Mazerati "it's nicer than mine"

I'll finish this later.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devo.. I was planning on just rattling off a quick top 10, but as I got into really trying to make a list, difficulty creeped in because unlike my fav 80's movies.. I've never truly attempted a top 10 soundtracks. It appears that Ronnie has had similiar issues as well. I still had a blast looking up the old album covers that reminded me of my wooden crate full of gems from the 80's.

You just posted a couple sleepers for sure.. I'm watching "Up The Academy" on Netflix right now and I've been a huge fan of the "License To Drive" tunes for awhile.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Logan.. I still own the original "Valley Girl" vinyl LP that was released in the US. Unfortunately, due to copyrights, it only contained six tunes .. like not too cool Julie. But they made up for it later and it definitely still counts!
Ah... I guess there must've been no copyright issues in the UK. Mine has 9 songs.

I'll throw out a soundtrack for a poor movie which I don't think anyone else will mention...

'Times Square' - which features:

Roxy Music
The Ramones
XTC
The Cure
The Cars
Joe Jackson
Gary Numan
The Pretenders
Patti Smith
Talking Heads

... and some others. BEAT THAT!

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just noticed that an old 80's movie soundtrack thread had resurfaced and thought some of the newer folks might enjoy this one with input from several of our current posters. I just read through it again and it was a blast! [Smile]

And my list is almost the same.. but Ronnie did convince me to move "Once Bitten" into my top 10 after hearing it. Also, all the love for the "Sixteen Candles" soundtrack is making me rethink it too.

Enjoy .. and post your top 10 when you get a chance. [Cool]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
valley you're the best. the music in Once Bitten is the stuff! [Smile]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I certainly don't need convincing that 'Once Bitten" is a great soundtrack...cuz I've already stated it's one of my favs.

Among some of my other favorites...in no particular order:

-RAD
-Batman
-Rocky IV
-Staying Alive
-Phenomena
-Body Double
-Halloween 3
-Beverly Hills Cop
-The In Crowd
-Gremlins
-Poltergeist 1 & 2
-The Lost Boys
-The Goonies
-Beetlejuice
-Risky Business
-Electric Dreams
-The Legend of Billie Jean
-Mask
-Scarface
-Date with an Angel

..there's more I'm sure..but these are the ones I can think of right now.

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Thanks for making me realize I wasn't done.

7) Beverly Hills Cop - the whole thing is great. No doubt at all.

8) The Karate Kid - it's just really cool. The songs always make you picture the scenes.

9) Better Off Dead - my brother was smart enough to have purchased this gem on CD in the mid 90's it is not cheap now. I always wished that Like to Get to Know You Well was on it. I do own that song so it's ok.

10) So many to choose from... Fast Times at Ridgemont High. A hard album to get as a kid, I found the tape at 15 years old and the CD in my early 20's. Goodbye, Goodbye might be my favorite song to close a movie ever.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
props to Mr. D.. who mentioned Beverly Hills cop soundtracks.. i made my own mix of parts 1 and II, that turned out to be one heck of a cd! i never knew there was so much good music in those movies.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home