iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » What`s the best 80`s soundtrack? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What`s the best 80`s soundtrack?
Stone
Rewind Curious
Member # 2105

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Stone   Author's Homepage   Email Stone   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everybody!

I was wondering if someone could help me find great soundtracks... I`m looking for soundtracks like Top Gun, Scarface, Rad and similar.

Anyone?

Posts: 1 | From: Norway | Registered: Nov 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Eddie & The Cruisers" = Best Ever!
Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaymi
Master Rewinder
Member # 1434

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jaymi   Email Jaymi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bachelor party. some kind of wonderful, pretty in pink, say anything...sixteen candles and weird science (vinyl)
Posts: 348 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VALLEY GIRL
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massiveretaliation
Master Rewinder
Member # 950

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for massiveretaliation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm selling my RAD soundtrack cassette on Ebay right now. I've never seen another one! [Eek!]

and a few soundtracks I like are Fright Night, Tuff Turf and Return of the Living Dead.

Posts: 168 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just did a search and honestly we all haven't talked soundtracks in the movie section for awhile now gang???

I'm hooked on Fright Night right now.........
Sparks "Armies of the Night"
Devo "Let's Talk"
April Wine "Rock Myself to Sleep"
Ian Hunter "Good Man in a Bad Time"
J Geils Band "Fright Night"

and becoming my favvvvvvvvvv!!!!

Evelyn King "Give it Up"
I love that freaking intro.....puts me right in the movie and seeing Chris Sarandon in that sweater! lol of course i'm rocking to the song right now...haha Anyone know any other songs from Evelyn King I should check out?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gOyi4dxfAc

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sure is one of the best!
Just bought Iron Eagle soundtrack cd and it rocks!

Here´s the updated list of soundtrack albums i own:

CD:

American Gigolo
Beverly Hills Cop
Beverly Hills Cop II
Big Trouble in Little China
Cage
Coming to America
Deadly Care
Escape from New York
Firestarter
Flashdance
Grease 2
Hearts of Fire
Heavy Metal
Highlander II
Iron Eagle
Last Action Hero
Miami Vice III
Navy Seals
Over the Top
Point Break
Rocky IV
Scarface
She´s Out of Control
St. Elmo´s Fire
Streets of Fire
The Demons
The Karate Kid Part III
The Last Dragon
The Lost Boys
Top Gun
Transformers the Movie
Trick or Treat

LP:

Burglar
Cat People
Creepers
Days of Thunder
Dudes
Flashpoint
Footloose
Fright Night
Girls Just Want to Have Fun
Hard to Hold (2 versions)
Heavenly Bodies
Johnny Be Good
Miami Vice
Miami Vice II
Navy Seals
Near Dark
Running Scared
Shy People
Teachers
Tequila Sunrise
The Blues Brothers
The Thing
The Wild Life
Thief of Hearts
White Nights

Top 5 right now:

Transformers the Movie
Thief of Hearts
Heavenly Bodies
Top Gun
Fright Night

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
on the note of the fact Atomik owns the Grease 2 soundtrack........and good buddy of mine starts singing "you're the one that I want..do do do" and I go ewwww I like Grease 2 better....she goes "cooooool rider" then starts singing the "girl for all seasons" I love having friends that get me [Big Grin]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
muffy, you are too cool... i am a huge grease 2 fan. and i say it's way better than the first. i constantly get ripped on for having that opinion. [Big Grin]

and i love the soundtrack. my 10 year old daughter loves it too. just the other day, we sang 'girl for all seasons' together while we were cleaning. [Smile]

lately, i have been listening to the SATISFACTION (also known as 'the girls of summer') soundtrack.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Ronnie you are SO COOL! [Smile] you and your daughter are awesome. I love Satisfaction!

"knock.................on wood" I have a cowbell in my hand [Smile]

Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This turned into a bigger project than I thought it would.. but here are my ten fav movie soundtracks from the 80's:

-
 -

-

-

-

-

[ 03. February 2011, 18:58: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

-

-

-

-

-

[ 03. February 2011, 19:21: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
What are your current Top Ten 80's Movie Soundtracks?

My list has changed dramatically over time.. in the 80's movies such as Top Gun, Cocktail, Dirty Dancing, The Breakfast Club, and Pretty In Pink would have probably made my list..

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

oh boy, this requires some thinking.. but i will try and list mine...

1. valley girl
2. eddie & the cruisers
3. purple rain
4. modern girls
5. sixteen candles
6. some kind of wonderful
7. grease 2
8. girls just want to have fun
9. once bitten
10. the last american virgin

muffy - haha, justine bateman and that cowbell.. she drove me nuts with that thing and her little dance!
i love the song, IKO IKO that the girls sing in the van, and their version of Mr. Big Stuff. the actress that plays "billie" (the guitar player) was so pretty and i love her voice. i didn't know for the longest time that she was the singing voice of Jem from the cartoom Jem and the Holograms... great trivia!

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Terminator
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bodhi Zephyr
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9067

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bodhi Zephyr   Email Bodhi Zephyr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lost Boys, Breakin'!
Posts: 67 | From: Dublin, Ireland | Registered: Aug 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Ok, Great soundtracks vs. Great movies.

1) Valley Girl might be one of the best soundtracks ever. 2 Discs, I like the second one more than the first. Sparks makes that official.

2) Sixteen Candles. I don't know, this could be a tie for number one. I absolutely love it, it ranks second because the actual soundtrack is amazing, and the available one is only ok.

3) The Last American Virgin. Better Luck Next Time and Teen Angel Eyes could have been the only 2 songs and it would have made this list.

4) Vision Quest. Madonna and Lunatic Fringe and Journey and Change. It rocks.

I'll come up with more.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
one of my favs of the moment

-

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Ronnie.. what started as a 10 minute project easily turned into an hour for me.

Of course, we had some silmilar selections which is beyond awesome, but I really like the choices of "Eddie & the Cruisers" and "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" on your list. I had both on my list at some point, but they eventually missed my final Top 10. Don't tell Paul, but I change number 10 three times before finally settling on 'Some Kind of Wonderful'.

And the dance scene to "Hands Off" in 'Once Bitten' was in my head, but I couldn't remember the other tunes from the movie last night. Now I recall that '3-Speed' did the title track.. which I love knowing since I can't get enough of "Wind Me Up" from the 'RAD' soundtrack.

Devo.. I thought about 'The Last American Virgin' and will rightfully admit that the soundtrack is great, but the depressing tone of the movie almost shatters some of those tracks for me.

Bohdi.. thanks for The Lost Boys went Breakin' support! interesting combo track..

And Muffy.. who's laughing at 'Perfect' now? Okay, we both still are, but there are some excellent tunes on that soundtrack. I'm still taking "Heavenly Bodies" in a pants off/dance off though.

I wanna love 'Grease 2' .. does that count?

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

valley if you are my true friend, you will love grease 2...? [Big Grin] haha, me, you and muffy can dance together and sing "let's bowl tonight!!".. come on.. i can totally see you doing that. [Wink]

once bitten - valley the songs are awesome. i know you would like it. i have to get this soundtrack to you like now, if you don't have it.

-once bitten
-blue night shadow
-stop talkng about us (3 speed's other track)
-the picture
-face to face (by readl life)
-hands off
-just one kiss
plus more!

last american virgin -

-better luck next time
-teen angel eyes
-in the flesh
-keep on loving you
-i will follow
-when i find you
-are you ready for the sex girls
-i know what boys like

[Smile]

p.s. i also have the music from Perfect and Heavenly Bodies. [Smile]

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

and the wraith soundtrack barely fell of my top 10.. if i had to fit it in, i would replace girls just want to have fun with it.

the wraith -

-secret loser
-where's the fire (excellent song!)
-hearts vs. heads
-never surrender
-addicted to love

amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My faves are The Lost Boys, The Breakfast Club, Ghostbusters (1and2) and Trick or Treat have them all on my MP3 player
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do soundtracks that were never actually released in the 80's count? See 'More Music from Valley Girl' above. Just askin'.

Incidentally, Valley, can you straighten something out for me? I've had the Valley Girl soundtrack on vinyl since the 80's. I know I'm in the UK, but I keep reading that they never released one? What's the story morning glory?

quote:
valley if you are my true friend, you will love grease 2...? [Big Grin] haha, me, you and muffy can dance together and sing "let's bowl tonight!!".. come on.. i can totally see you doing that. [Wink]
The curse of Grease 2 (apart from its flop status) is that it was called 'Grease 2'.

My list:

Somewhere in Time - John Barry
E.T. - John Williams (representing all his 80's scores)
Explorers - Jerry Goldsmith (representing all his 80's scores)
Fame - Various Artists
Blade Runner (New American Orchestra Version)
Electric Dreams - Various Artists
Transformers The Movie - Various Artists
Conan the Barbarian - Basil Poledouris
Xanadu - ONJ and ELO
Twin Peaks - Angelo Badalmenti
Neverending Story - Various Artists
Footloose - Various Artists
Breaking Glass - Hazel O'Connor

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Logan.. I still own the original "Valley Girl" vinyl LP that was released in the US. Unfortunately, due to copyrights, it only contained six tunes .. like not too cool Julie. But they made up for it later and it definitely still counts!

-

1. Bonnie Hayes With The Wild Combo - Girls Like Me
2. The Sparks - Angst In My Pants
3. Josie Cotton - School Is In
4. The Plimsouls - Everywhere At Once
5. Josie Cotton - Johnny Are You Queer
6. Bonnie Hayes With The Wild Combo- Shelley's Boyfriend

I actually went out and bought most of the soundtrack on separate albums back then and made my own mixtape soundtrack of "Valley Girl".. I might still have that tape too.

80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So many good ones listed so far. Some of mine are:

Rocky IV
Fire with Fire
Trick or Treat
Lost Boys
The Wraith
Footloose
SKOW

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home