iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Quality vs. Quantity

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Quality vs. Quantity
summerbeach1980
Rewinder
Member # 2066

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for summerbeach1980   Email summerbeach1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just wondering how many classic 80's movies do you own. I've went ahead and given you my list.

1:One Crazy Summer
2:Porky's
3:The Lost Boys
4:The Last Starfighter
5:Sixteen Candles
6:She's Having A Baby
7:Little Monsters
8:The Breakfast Club
9:St.Elmo's Fire
10:Ski Patrol
11:Monster Squad
12:Walk Like A Man
13:Revenge Of The Nerds
14:Revenge Of The Nerds II
15:The Princess Bride

I'm pretty sure that's it for now.

-Thank You

Posts: 37 | From: ct | Registered: Nov 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I'm pretty sure many of us have most of these movies, but what you should post are movies that you have that people might not be able to get. You have on your list "Walk like a man" a great movie, I believe with Howie Mandel. The rest of them are fairly commonplace, not that there is anything wrong with that, but most of us will list these without problem.

For instance I have,
Hamburger the motion picture,
Three O'Clock High,
Rad,
Meatballs 3,
Morgan Stewarts Coming Home,
Night Patrol,
A Night in the life of Jimmy Reardon,
White Water Summer

There are some more, but these are the types that you should be posting, it's cool that you have the other ones, but many of us are looking for the movies that people can't get.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH my, I will really have to think on this one:

Sixteen Candles
The Breakfast Club
Secret Admirerer
The Allnighter
About Last Night...
St. Elmo's Fire
Clue
Blind Date
Fire with Fire
Once Bitten
Weird Science
Adventures in Babysitting
The Goonies
Just One of the Guys
Making Mr. Right
Valley Girl
Can't Buy Me Love
Girls Just Want to Have Fun

These are the ones that I can think of right off.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The three I have that are either (a) not mentioned that much or (b) tough to find (especially here in the UK) are
  • Dreamscape
  • Electric Dreams
  • Streets Of Fire

Although there are also some great early 90s movies that would be on anybody's "honorary 80s" list:
  • Joe Vs The Volcano
  • The Pope Must Die
  • Delirious (starring John Candy)
  • Pump Up The Volume

All of these are worthy of a mention.

What's on my hit list? Clue (on it's way on DVD finally) and High Road To China, with Tom Selleck.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just off the top of my head, the only rare ones I can think of are The Mosquito Coast and Lady Jane(w/ Helena Bonham Carter and Cary Elwes).

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul
I have dreamscape too! Cool flick!

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Ah the USA and the fact that I have had Clue for 3 years already. Sorry Paul.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MONSOON
Master Rewinder
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for MONSOON   Email MONSOON   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Wraith
License to Drive(not legit DVD I know)
Night Of The Comet(See above)
Remo Williams
I have couple others as well that I cant to think of right now.

Devo, you are indeed a true man. Im not sure too many people even know there was a Meatballs 3, let alone admit to owning it! [Wink]
Paul, Im jealous, Id like to add Dreamscape and Streets Of Fire to my collection. Just never think of them when Im looking for new ones. [Razz]

Posts: 264 | From: Bainbridge , GA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I try to find as many 80's movies as I can. These are ones that I would like to own.

Rad
Monster Squad
Student Bodies
Screwballs
Moving Violations
Thunder Alley
Fire on Fire
Joy of Sex
the Party Animal
Hot Chili (OK, I just rented it, does that count?)
Give me an F
Spring Break
Zapped
Quarterback Princess

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sam hain2
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1964

- posted      Profile for sam hain2   Email sam hain2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Big
Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Stripes
Last American Virgin
Breakfast Club
So this is Spinal Tap
Stand By Me
Rivers Edge
Field of Dreams
Red Dawn
Hollywood Knights
Better Off Dead
Youngblood

Posts: 999 | From: Bismarck, ND | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devo, Clue finally got released over here November 3rd. As with loads of stuff you guys take for granted, over in the Old Country we've either got to wait for it to appear on TV (once in a blue moon) or wait, and suffer you guys telling us how you ran it again last night......

[Frown]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
Devolution here,

Hey Paul, I don't know what to tell you. I have been over to the UK only once. I was a chaperone to a london trip with my school back in 2001. I was happy that I got my hands on some Madness CD's though, it's not easy to come by around here. But as for the movies, Clue, or otherwise, it stinks that we get some movies first. I mean I love the fact that I have had some of these movies for so long, but the fact is that I don't know why it takes so long for the movies to get released over there.

Movie Appreciation is an art form. I wonder if I can get my 2nd masters in 80's culture.

We are DEVO

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

I guess with the internet these days and the chance to order from anywhere, there's no real reason for delaying the release of anything - dvd or cd. Some of the US sites I've looked at only ship to the US, so I haven't been able to get it till now.

Also, some music tends to be more centered on particular countries (Madness is a case in point). Still, if there's stuff you can't find and want that's on release over here, just let us know. I can try to source it for you (or at least provide a UK mailing address) so you can enjoy 80s British Music at it's best.

[Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home