iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » "Hiiii....Joker......"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Hiiii....Joker......"
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you know what that quote's from, I'll give you a cookie. lol.

Does anyone else love Full Metal Jacket? I have always meant to post about this, but I'm a slacker w/ a bad memeory...so there you have it. hehe. This film has such great dialougue, I wish I would have written it. To this day, the bathroom scene and private Piles' creepy glare continue to haunt me. I need this one on dvd!!! Anyone else love this movie?

Tootles! [Wink]

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E
(if you've seen it, you'll get it)

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this movie too. Stanley Kubrick is a genius. if you want to hear a sondboard for FMJ, check out:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/soundboards.shtml

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

That was one of the first movies that I ever bought on DVD. It's so great, from beginning to end. I always watch it whenever it's on.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit
Master Rewinder
Member # 1904

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Email Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I Don't remember much about the movie, But i have the Full Metal Jacket single that has the songs 'I WANNA BE YOUR DRILL INSTRUCTOR' and 'SNIPER' which is excellent!

I will have to watch the film again soon.

Posts: 317 | From: South East London England | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MONSOON
Master Rewinder
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for MONSOON   Email MONSOON   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the movie as well. Of course I think there must be a law somewhere that says you must enjoy Stanley Kubrick films [Wink]
And must say that Lee Ermey has certianly made a career of the Gunney Sgt. character
And that I thoroughly enjoy Vincent D'Onofrios' charactor on Law and Order Criminal Intent.

Posts: 264 | From: Bainbridge , GA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that Stanley Kubrick is brilliant, but in all honesty, I didn't fully understand Space Odyssey. Call me crazy. Perhaps, its because I'm only 16, or maybe because I haven't experiemented w/ LSD. Either way, I commend those who understood the film.

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home