iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80's movies you don't get tired of. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 80's movies you don't get tired of.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have probably seen most of the major movies of the 80's, some I don't want to see again, but some I never get tired of. Yesterday Sixteen Candles was on TV again, but I watched and felt like I was watching and laughing at it like the first time I saw it. I have the VHS and DVD but it didn't get tired for me. What are some other 80's movies that give you this feeling?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goonie_girl
Master Rewinder
Member # 1530

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for goonie_girl   Email goonie_girl       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
deffinately stand by me, goonies, the outsiders, and the burbs. they all take me back to the first time i saw them. i love them all.
Posts: 160 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i never get tired of valley girl. the music is too good and i feel like i notice something new about the movie everytime i watch it.

i can watch aliens over and over. it's just one of the best movies out there. it has to be the one movie that i have seen the most in my life. it's sad. i know the entire movie by heart.

i know what you mean about sixteen candles. i feel that way when i watch it too. another one i never get tired of, is back to the future.
if i find that i can watch a movie over and over, then i can honestly say that it's one of my favorites.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amerika
Rewind Curious
Member # 2079

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Amerika   Email Amerika       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can watch " Say anything " hundreds and hundreds of times and never get tired of it.I laugh at the same jokes , cry when they break up.I love the soundtrack too. [Wink]
Posts: 2 | From: P.R. | Registered: Nov 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back to the Future, Valley Girl Seccret Admirer and the Sure Thing also have my everlasting devotion. When a movie has a great story, great characters you just want to watch it again. top Gun is probably the movie that i have seen th most, but i won't hesitate to watch it when it comes on TV. I just wish some made for TV movies weren't as difficult to locate for us movie hounds!
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stand By Me, The breakfast Club, Secret Admirer, Sixteen Candles, and real Genius.

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MONSOON
Master Rewinder
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for MONSOON   Email MONSOON   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ferris Buellers Day Off , Stripes , Caddyshack , Christine , The Shining ,
That was 5 real quick, if I put my mind to it Id fill the page.

Posts: 264 | From: Bainbridge , GA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a good topic. I've wondered how often or how many times everybody else on the board watches these movies we love and talk about! I probably watch a dvd a day. I just throw something in while I'm cooking or cleaning. It totally keeps me company. As for the movies I have watched over and over, well, I agree, Sixteen Candles never grows old [Smile] . Others for me include, Fast Times, Weird Science, Valley Girl and Pretty In Pink. I can watch these endlessly [Razz] ! It's truly a sickness but at least it keeps me away from all the sucky reality shows on tv. I can't deal with those...blah!
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nothinlikebefore
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1888

- posted      Profile for nothinlikebefore   Email nothinlikebefore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would say 9 1/2 Weeks, but I realized I have to be in the mood--- wait not "in the mood", but definitely of a certain mood to watch it. So... I am going to have to go with Rasing Arizona, pretty much any horror flick, and in the past couple of weeks I have seen The Breakfast Club on t.v. at least 4 times ... so without saying, and Ghostbusters (not my favorite, but Bill Murray is great.)
Posts: 93 | From: texas | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit
Master Rewinder
Member # 1904

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Email Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched Short Circuit on Sunday, although i aint seen it since i was about 7, i remembered what bits used to make me laugh in them days and surely enough i was P**sing myself all the way through, im sure that if i dont see it for another 16 years then see it again i wont be bored of it AT ALL!!!
Posts: 317 | From: South East London England | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Breakin I can watch every day and not get sick of it, even though I don't do that. I used to watch movies more so..I have quite a few that I have bought recently and haven't seen. Sometimes when I finally see one I like-that I hadn't seen before, I'll make everyone I know watch it with me again. Like I made a couple different people watch Piranha after I saw it, cause it was so realistic-it was a good story. Others I can watch and never get bored with are:

Private School
Valley Girl
Rich Girl
Secret Admirer
Angel
Kramer Vs. Kramer
On Golden Pond
April Fool's Day
Breakin-of course, and Breakin 2
Brubaker
Escape from Alcatraz
Any Which Way but Loose
Smokey and the Bandit
The Wilderness Family movies
Liar's Moon
Touched by Love

There are so many!!!!
I like watching movies that are uplifting and can change your mood.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stand By Me
National Lampoon's Vacation & X-Mas Vacation
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
The Sure Thing
Purple Rain
The Money Pit
Uncle Buck
9 1/2 weeks

Too many to name actually... [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
St. Elmo's fire, The Breakfast Club, Dirty Dancing, Rocky I-IV (please don't hate me!! [Big Grin] )... and quite a few more.
I think that often it's not just a great storyline but also how much you like the characters - they become so familar to you. Watching the movie then is like visitiing an old friend.

Another aspect of watching movies you already loved years and years ago is that the whole visual and acoustic experience takes you back in time - whenever I watch a movie like that I can still hear my best friend at 14 sitting next to me and commenting on the movie! [Smile] For example her screaming "He's soooo cute!!!" when Corey Haim is washing his hair and singing in the bathtub in The Lost Boys [Big Grin] .

Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stand By Me, The Lost Boys, Goonies, Sixteen Candles...... ya know I really don't get tired of any 80s movies. [Razz]
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sixteen Candles
St. Elmo's Fire
The Breakfast Club
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Back to the Future Part ONe
Secret Admirer
The Goonies
Girls Just Want to Have Fun
Fire with Fire
Weird Science
Valley Girl
Clue
Teen Wolf
Shag
Some Kind of Wonderful
Just one of the guys
Revenge of the Nerds
Adventures in Babysitting
Can't Buy me Love
Summer Rental
Better Off Dead
One Crazy Summer
She's out of control
Footloose
Stand by Me
Loverboy
The lost boys
the legend of billie jean
Night of the comet
Blind Date
Top Gun....
Just to name a few [Smile] [Cool] [Big Grin] [Wink]

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Just saw No Way out (1987?) again. Hadn't seen it in a while, still as riveting as ever. Is up there as my favourite thriller/suspense movie ever.
Nick N
Senior Rewinder
Member # 2158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick N   Email Nick N   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are movies I never get tired of:
Flashdance
Breakin' and Breakin' 2
Fame
The Breakfast Club
Sixteen Candles
Fast Times At Ridgemont High
Weird Science
Dirty Dancing
Nightmare on Elm Street
Vacation

Posts: 100 | From: Vernon, New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaymi
Master Rewinder
Member # 1434

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jaymi   Email Jaymi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Real genius
Sixteen Candles
Weird Science
The Breakfast Club
One Crazy Summer
Better Off Dead

Posts: 348 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blade Runner, both original and 'directors' cut versions (I'm getting fed up waiting for the special edition DVD release with the original theatrical version)
They Call Me Bruce?
They Still Call Me Bruce
Strange Brew
Risky Business
The Wizard

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would have to go with PRETTY IN PINK, FERRIS BUELLER'S DAY OFF, BATCHELOR PARTY.
You know......! When you think abput it there are probably too many good ones to mention!!

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey....!! 'Abput' is a real word (!).
Say it all the time where I come from.! [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a hard time with favorite movie lists...but at the top of my fave '80s is "Raising Arizona." Saw it while 8-months preggers...it hit my subversive funnybone and stuck with me ever since. Having previously seen the Coen Bros. debut "Blood Simple," RA was a 180-degree turn and I've loved their work ever since. "Yah, Margie." It totally cracks me up when someone says how much they hated or thought RA was stupid...I love it when people don't "get" something. "Okay, then."
Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
I don't know if I am alone, but i always loved Loverboy, even after repeated viewings. Patrick Dempsey did some great stuff in the mid to late 80's, and this one has that perfect balance of being sentimental coupled with a lot of great comedy.
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Rip, Loverboy is a total riot.

"I can not lie to you, we have many anchovies"
I pee every time.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Another great movie I watched again recently was Tapeheads. Some of it is odd, but i was cracking up the whole time. Especially when they are pouring all that paint over the crap Euro band. I actually have a lot of music involvig Stiv Bators in the film the singer of the Blender Children, he was in the Dead Boys and Lords of the New Church. I just saw a band last night that featured the former guitarist of the Dead Boys.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home