iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Benny Hill

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Benny Hill
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone remember watching late nights on Friday?? I remember he was a regular whole deal for our weekends, when I would usually stay at my cousins, or different friends would stay over at my house, we'd all stay up late and watch him. There was always good funny stuff on tv. I think he is on vhs or dvd somewhere? Does anyone know if he is out in the stores, and which ones, or if I should look on Ebay, cause people keep asking me for what I want for Xmas, and I usually buy it, and then everyone gets mad, and says they don't know what to get us for Xmas, and I say nothing, and then they get more mad. So, I thought if I could find Benny Hill somewhere..I would tell someone get it for me for Xmas.
He was so funny.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaymi
Master Rewinder
Member # 1434

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jaymi   Email Jaymi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was on channel 32 in Chicago on friday nights....I have seen boxed sets of Benny Hill at walmart...should not be difficult...may try amazon and half.com and ebay of course.... [Big Grin] [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 348 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks- I thought I saw it in the store somewhere,I just couldn't remember which one.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaymi
Master Rewinder
Member # 1434

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jaymi   Email Jaymi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Benny Hill

Let me know if this does not work... [Razz]

Posts: 348 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ohmyGOD!!!! I loved that show when I was a little kid. Im sure if they still played em, I would watch them.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would get in trouble if I watched it. A little bad for a ten year old. Isn't that funny. Especially with how things are now.
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my parents used to let me watch it...because it was on regular TV I guess they figured "how bad could it be?" Im sure that was the first "dirty show" any of us ever saw. We probably learned about sex from watching Benny Hill! I remember when I heard Benny Hill died I was very upset. I dont think he was very old(maybe in his 60s). They said that even though he had money from the show he lived modestly in a small apartment. He seemed like a down-to-Earth (perverted) guy. You DO know thats him in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, right?(the toymaker)
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
...just double-checked. Hew died in 1992. He was 68.
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another great movie role for him was in The Italian Job (the original with Michael Caine, not the recent abomination)

- P

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I never saw that one. I'll have to rent it.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Wow, it didn't seem that long ago that he died, that's crazy how 1992-is 12 years ago (almost) Wow! That's when I got married. I know my 10 year old isn't watching Benny Hill, but I remember laughing my head off, and we would fall off the bed laughing so hard. That's why I still think I will like seeing it again, it's like watching it for the first time, but already knowing your gonna like it. That's kind of a good feeling to me.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home