iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Do you remember these songs?? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Do you remember these songs??
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is very sad, I did not know he died.
He was born 2 days before my birthday, and died 1 day after my husband's..I always look at dates of stuff. I just thought he disappeared like everyone else.
I do remember the group Shalamar..what were some songs they sang, cause I think I really liked them??

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sam hain2
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1964

- posted      Profile for sam hain2   Email sam hain2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shalamar's highest charting song stateside anyways is The Second Time Around which made it up to #8. The song I remember the most is Dancing in the Sheets which reached #17.
Posts: 999 | From: Bismarck, ND | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dancing in the Sheets-that's it..that's the song I knew there was one I loved, I'll have to look for it on a 45 record. I found I hate myself for loving you on a 45 record by Joan Jett!

There are some old songs I loved as a kid, that I have found now on 45's, so this is really awesome. I always loved the song-In the Ghetto-by Elvis-found it on a 45! And there was a song called "Patches" by Dickie Lee, I haven't heard that song in 25 years-I bet. I found it on a 45 too.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis, you need some Rockwell. Somebody's watching me. I think he also had a smaller hit called obscene phone caller, but I've never run into the 45 of it.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I did like that song, it seemed like Michael Jackson was singing a song with everybody in the 80's...I have State of Shock with Mick Jagger-does anyone remember it? I loved Say, Say, Say with Paul McCartney. I liked the song Centepide-by Rebbie Jackson, does anyone remember it?

I was putting some more songs in to night.
Does anyone else remember Goodbye-by Night Ranger? Night Ranger had some excellent songs in the 80's.
I put in All this Time-by Tiffany

It is funny, cause the jukebox came with 5 CDs and the 45's that were in it, and there were a few we are keeping..my mother's all time favorite song-was on there-Unchained Melody-by the Righteous Brothers-it is staying...and Old Time Rock N Roll....
The Electric Boogie-aka the Electric Slide-my son loves it, and I never heard this song ever in my life-but maybe others have- The Taliban song, that is the Day-O song, Come Mr. Tailban hand over Bin Laden, does anyone know that one? After a few times of hearing it, it gets on your nerves.

I am going to look for 45's now..I bid on a 45 record holder that has all the superheros on it...I thought that was pretty cool.

Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Isis, I have centipede by Rebbie Jackson on 45, and you seem to be getting an impressive collection of 45's for it. That is really great.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sis, i remember the song cetipede. i remember the red dress she wore in the video.
you should get the song (i may have the title wrong) 'everbody's got a hungry heart.' i don't know who sings it, but i love that song.
-just a suggestion [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
errrr... i missed the 'I' at the beginning of ISIS. sorry, "sis." [Razz]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
That's ok, "I" be your "SIS"..Ronnie..
Hungry Heart-was that Bruce Springsteen??? I will try and find Centepide. Who sings the song Promises Promises..I heard it on the radio yesterday, and when I hear songs now, from the 80's-I think..oh that's a good one for on the song title game.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I realized that I have Dancing in the Sheets on the Footloose soundtrack!!!
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
My mom brought me all my old 45's, that were mixed in with hers, we added them on to the jukebox last night, and I wanted to know if anyone remembered this song, it does something to me to hear it.....I can't believe it's been so long since I have heard it..I don't even hear it on the radio...

I wanna hear it from your lips-Eric Carmen

Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Isis, I don't know if you found out, but Naked Eyes sings Promises, Promises

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home