iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Which do you like best?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Which do you like best?
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is kind of a take off of Rico's question about which three do you like best but a different genre of movies.

Of these three: Secret Admirer, Can't Buy me Love, or She's Out of Control.

My favorite is Secret Admirer. The one I have seen the least but feel has been underrated is She's out of Control with Tony Danza and Ami Dolenz. What do you think?

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definately Secret Admirer-I love the soundtrack!
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaymi
Master Rewinder
Member # 1434

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jaymi   Email Jaymi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can't buy me love....it is so "romantic" yet surreal..I don't know anyone and I went to school with "richies"(a la 'Pretty in Pink') and none of them or the anyone else would pay for a date..entertaining concept though!!!
Posts: 348 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goonie_girl
Master Rewinder
Member # 1530

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for goonie_girl   Email goonie_girl       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i haven't really seen any of them, but i have seen some of secret admirerer, so i'd say that one.
Posts: 160 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWLkaholic
Senior Rewinder
Member # 2027

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for OWLkaholic   Email OWLkaholic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cant Buy Me Love is a no brainer for me.
Posts: 51 | From: The Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SECRET ADMIRER. but in all fairness I never saw Cant buy me Love.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I absolutely had to choose, secret Admirer would be first, Can't Buy Me Love at a close second, and She's Out Of Control trailing in third.

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree with river.
secret admirer was superb.
can't buy me love would have to be the next..
and she's out of control was a good one, but not as cute or as funny as the other two.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same here.
I think Secret Admirer had all these funny twists and turns!
But Can't buy me Love is also an all time favourite with me, so...

Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I know it's not my choice of movies, but I don't think that She's out of control is anything comparable to the other two movies. Not that it's not good, but it's not the same genre.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rico
Rewind Curious
Member # 2042

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Rico   Email Rico   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't Buy Me Love, definately. There were so many more memorable moments to that movie than the other two, and it was way more wholesome than alot of the movies I grew up watching. It had a Saved By The Bell feeling that was highly unmatched in the other two films. But, my Fright Night campiagn went down in flames so I'm guessing this boat is gonna go down as well.
Posts: 10 | From: california | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think my name says it all [Smile] Can't Buy Me Love rocks! I know I've said it before but this movie really captured that late 80's era perfectly. It was like the last of the fun in my opinion. She's Outta Control was good. I really enjoyed it but it was a little too cutesy/family oriented. I still want it on DVD though. As for Secret Admirer, I've never seen it. In fact, I'm going to look at the page for it on this website and see what's it's all about. I love finding a "new" 80's movie. McFly, have you seen this one? [Smile]
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home