iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Whatever happened to The Jets?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Whatever happened to The Jets?
Ali_with_an_i

Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember they were all related. I think they were brothers and sisters or something. Anybody know what happened to them?

They had a couple of big hits in the 80s and then they dissapeared. I used to love that song that went something like " you got me over him, honey it's true". I can't think of the title right this minute.

Anybody got any info?

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

33 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ya ali...i wonder what happened to them too.
the song you are speaking of, is called 'you got it all.' i like that song. ISIS and i were talking about them not too long ago.
i really like 'crush on you' and 'make it real (another slow one). i bought their greatest hits and i believe that they are all brothers and sisters.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 33  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rose
Master Rewinder
Member # 2033

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rose   Email Rose   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did like their song and boy were they strictly bubble gum pop [Smile] Not that there is anything wrong with that, but it was just a neat thing that they were all related.

Kinda reminds me of the DeFranco Family

Posts: 150 | From: Lakewood, WA | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Didn't they also sing a song called "Cross my Broken Heart?"

Crush on you was a funny one.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4160 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ali_with_an_i asked:
quote:
I remember they were all related. I think they were brothers and sisters or something. Anybody know what happened to them?...
The Jets are a 8-member family singing group from the island of Tonga, but later settled and lived in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Yet, their last names were Wolfgramm. (Don't ask!)

They now have a new website but is still under construction:
http://www.crushonthejets.com

Some other members of the Wolfgramm family recently formed a separate group, called Jett17.

(click below):
http://www.mthighentertainment.com/artists_html/artists_bio/jett17.html

Hope this helps!

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i

Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! Thanks Steven! That helped alot! I was wondering what happened to them. [Wink]
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i

Member # 27

Member Rated:
17 KIDS???? [Eek!] That is just crazy!

I just read the article about Jett17 and found out there were 17 kids in all! I just don't get it. How did they afford to eat?? [Confused]

Belauan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1862

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Belauan   Email Belauan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I just read the article about Jett17 and found out there were 17 kids in all! I just don't get it. How did they afford to eat?? "

Amazing, isn't it? Yeah, life on the islands is easy...you can find food almost anywhere..you can easily live off the land....

How's everyone doing? It's been awhile since I visited the site...hope everyone's okay....

Posts: 58 | From: Palau | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i

Member # 27

Member Rated:
Things have been going good here. What kept you away so long? You should never leave us again! [Big Grin]
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

33 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi belauan [Smile] how have you been?
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 33  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ali_with_an_i wondered:
quote:
...I just read the article about Jett17 and found out there were 17 kids in all! I just don't get it. How did they afford to eat??
[Confused]

I'm sure the mother was worn out! [Big Grin]
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I didn't know they also sang "You Got It All". I love that one and "Make It Real", which I just downloaded of Kazaa recently, can't find it anywhere else.
Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i

Member # 27

Member Rated:
Oh Yeah, Make it Real! That was a good one too. You would think with 17 kids they would have been able to think up a few more hits. [Wink]
spyke65
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1746

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for spyke65   Email spyke65   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
17 kids? Another example of "over-breeding"... [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 90 | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Watch your favorite 80s movies for FREE and you'll be supporting this site! There's no catch! Please just click and sign up.
Amazon want you to try their service for 30 days and will donate to us every time someone does. Thank you for supporting us!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home