iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Breakfast Club bonus scenes...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Breakfast Club bonus scenes...
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I turn on VH-1 and The Breakfast Club is on. I notice this is a scene I've never seen before. Vernon is yelling at a vending machine and each of the characters are trying to go past the door without him noticing. Allison stops and stands there for a few seconds and Claire says "She's nuts but she's cool." Why aren't these kinds of things included in the DVD? Now, I'm going to have to tape this on VHS [Mad] .
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, there are a few of these in the Breakfast Club, unfortunately you have to tune in to Superstation or tnt to get em. Madness, its all madness.

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TresFoxy
Rewind Maestro
Member # 542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TresFoxy   Email TresFoxy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank goodness someone else noticed that they were different!!! [Big Grin] I thought that I dreamt it!! I only saw this version once and it was late at night so I thought I fell asleep. Because I watched TBC again the next day the one I have on tape and it wasn't there! Yeah and why aren't they on the dvd!!?? [Confused] [Mad]
Posts: 808 | From: MI, USA | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karl thomasson
Senior Rewinder
Member # 2023

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for karl thomasson   Email karl thomasson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most times when we watch a movie on TV, and there is different scenes that we haven't watched. A studio, or a director most times take out certain scenes. Because maybe they didn't like it, or a the certain scene was making the movie longer.

When a movie is on like TBS, TNT, WGN, and etc the movie they play is usually how the director filmed the whole movie. That's is why we see different stuff that we haven't ever seen before.

Actually I think it is dumb that they don't put it on the DVD's. Jaws on VHS, and DVD has outtakes, and deleted scenes that you rarely see on TV. It is very rarely that a studio makes a film from the TV version. I know a lot of the Halloween films you can buy of the TV version.

I really most times like the TV version of a movie, instead of the VHS, or DVD version. It still sucks though when they take out scenes are not bad. Or changed words that isn't bad, and replace it with something that's sounds worse. Or take out small cuss words, but leave the big ones.

Oh well I guess that's how life goes

Posts: 61 | From: bluff city, tennessee | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It all depends on how much the studio cares about the film in terms of the DVD. With tv, scenes are added to pad the running time to two hours. Years ago these were like "ah, chop this out cuz it isn't neccessary, play it in the tv version". Now these are much sought after bonus or deleted scenes we drool over.

The Breakfast Club script is much different as well. They dropped this thing with Vernon lusting after a female teacher in the building, plus Hughes wisely dumped his original sappy ending where Vernon reads Brian's letter and smiles. Says something like "Those kids weren't so bad after all". Gag.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starlawill
Rewinder
Member # 1139

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for starlawill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
speaking of editing cuss words for tv, i've always loved the tv version of ferris bueller's edits. like where they edit "piece of TIN" instead of "piece of s**t*" when they're talking about cameron's car. that always makes me laugh.
Posts: 48 | From: new york | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sam hain2
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1964

- posted      Profile for sam hain2   Email sam hain2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
spmetimes when they do a voice over on the TV version to cover up swear words is so comical because the voice over doesn't sound anything like the actors voice.
Posts: 999 | From: Bismarck, ND | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are at least 2 deleted scenes on the TNT/TBS version of The Breakfast Club. There's the one mentioned above, and another when Andy (i think its him...) collects money from Bender, Claire and Brian before he and Allison go for the sodas. I think these scenes are added to compensate for some that are removed for content. Personally, I can't stand watching Breakfast Club on basic cable..they edit WAY too much.

For those of you who have seen the BC trailer on the new DVD, you saw brief shots of even more deleted scenes. Like when Allison is sitting alone in the small room, embracing herself while rocking back and forth. And another when post-makeover Allison tells Andy "I don't want to be alone", to which he replies "You don't have to be".

For more info, click the link below, it is a must read for all Breakfast Club fans. Click "Interviews and Articles" for the informative BC article with movie thoughts from John Hughes, the 5 kids, John Kapelos and the behiend the scenes crew.

http://www.aimsters.com/

Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goonie_girl
Master Rewinder
Member # 1530

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for goonie_girl   Email goonie_girl       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
they didn't put all of the scenes in the dvd???!!!! that is stupid. dvd's are supposed to have everything.
Posts: 160 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home