iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Muppet Show (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Muppet Show
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw clips the other night from the muppet show, and why they ever took that off is beyond me too. I loved The Chef, and we loved Beeker-sp? We watched it in high school. I loved the 2 guys up in the balcony.

The other show I miss is Wild Kingdom, that was brought to you by Mutual of Omaha..I remember loving that program. There's nothing out there for families to watch together anymore, that's another reason..I think kids don't even get to sit in the same room any more and watch tv with their parents. Everyone is off in their own room any more.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette
Master Rewinder
Member # 252

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Janette   Email Janette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved the Muppet Show!!! [Smile]
It was a family affair for us. We all watched it together. My favorite was Ms. Piggy. She was so independent and confident! I dressed up like her one Halloween. My mom made my costume. Oh good memories! [Smile]

Posts: 156 | From: Midwest, USA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Muppet Show was a classic. I'm so glad that came out on DVD. My friend ordered the entire set nad we have been watching them every week. That waould be a great show to bring back. They don't make quality television like they used to do they.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette
Master Rewinder
Member # 252

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Janette   Email Janette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just getting ready to ask if anyone knew whether it was on DVD. That's too cool! I'll have to look into it. [Smile]
Posts: 156 | From: Midwest, USA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

It's time to play the music, it's time to light the lights, it's time to raise the curtain on the muppet show tonight. It's time to put on makeup, it's time to dress up right, it's time to get things started on the muppet show tonight.

We are DEVO.

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Why do we always come here, I guess we'll never know, it's like some kind of torture, to have to watch the show!"

I always thought that The Muppet Show as an American import but until I saw some programme last year called "Muppets Forever" I think it was, I discovered they had real trouble selling the idea to the American networks so came to the UK and did it here [Smile]

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rose
Master Rewinder
Member # 2033

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rose   Email Rose   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I am not mistaken, the muppet concept was created years ago in Britain as a way to poke fun at parliment and the monarchy. I could be wrong, but I do remember hearing that in high school. By then sesame street and the muppets had been around for 8 years or more in America. I believe the orginal ones were created in the early 60's. It would be interesting to research.

I like them too, Im a kermet gal, although, if I had to choose one in particular it would be Fozzy, what a sense of humor for a bear huh?

Posts: 150 | From: Lakewood, WA | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where can you find the Muppets on DVD??? I want it. I have seen the Muppet movies on tapes..but not the shows... I loved Emmet Otter's Jug Band Xmas..it still is one of my favorite Xmas things to watch. I liked that they also did about Fraggle Rock on the I love the 80's, cause I was glued to Fraggle Rock, why don't the producers of those shows, realize the need for those shows on tv now, more than ever? Doesn't anyone know how badly kids need better programming on tv, I mean there is nothing for kids. Nothing but fighting, even in cartoons-I have never understood Pokemon or Yugioh, or Dragonball Z-they are mean! And the other shows like Cow and Chicken, and I.R. Babboon- I never saw Magilla Gorilla stick his finger up his butt, like what is up with all that, who thinks that's funny, and then who agrees that they should be allowed on tv, and then who says go ahead and show it to kids?
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you know, i wish i would have paid more attention to the muppet show. i really liked all the movies and i remember watching muppet babies cartoon. i have seen some episodes of the muppet show over the years, and now that it has been brought up, i would really like to see more of it. is it even being aired on tv these days?
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MONSOON
Master Rewinder
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for MONSOON   Email MONSOON   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here you go...
http://www.timelife.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/BrowseCatalog-Volumes;sid=cX8yRKjXbjhwF5d0c4dySI4Z0scsezsAutQ=?backbutton=MSBXX&Origin=MSBXX&ProductSKU=MSBXX&C ollectionId=MSBXX&CategoryName=4
This should satisfy your Muppet Show urges. You can even get a 15 thats right 15 volume Best Of collection.

Posts: 264 | From: Bainbridge , GA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAV666
Rewind Curious
Member # 2096

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JAV666     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MY FAVOURITE!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just rented a 3 episode tape from the library and it was awesome. like they said, can't get programing like that anymore.

Posts: 6 | Registered: Nov 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
someone had told me they sold the rights to the Muppet Show to Germany...and it wouldnt be shown or distributed in America anymore. not true! I remember when I was a kid and Blondie was on there. How cool was THAT????
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Devolution:
It's time to play the music, it's time to light the lights, it's time to raise the curtain on the muppet show tonight. It's time to put on makeup, it's time to dress up right, it's time to get things started on the muppet show tonight.

Wow, that sure brings back some good memories...
I absolutely loved ‘The Muppets.’ I never missed a single episode of it.
One episode I will never forget is the one where Kermit’s nephew (Robin?) is singing that lame song while sitting on those huge stairs. Unforgettable… [Big Grin]
Does anyone perhaps remember what the title of that song was???

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Halfway up the stairs
Is the stair
where I sit.
There isn't any other stair
Quite Like It.

It's not at the bottom,
It's not at the top,
But this
Is the stair
Where I always stop"

Courtesy of your friend with way too much crappy information in his head..... [Big Grin]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes! That's the one..."Halfway Up the Stairs"
Thanks Paul. [Wink]

Robin Rocks!!! sort of... [Big Grin]

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Paul, You ever think about collaborating with me on the making of "The Encyclopedia of Useless Crap"

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devo, our biggest market would be those people who read something obscure and think "hey, I knew that!"

Big, big moneyspinner. Let's do it!!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dude, i would seriously read a book like that. i may even be able to contribute a few bits of useless knowledge, myself.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sam hain2
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1964

- posted      Profile for sam hain2   Email sam hain2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The two old hecklers up in the balcony were named Stadler and Waldorf.

I remember the episode that was hosted by Alice Cooper, and I too loved the Swedish Chef what a pop icon he was.

Posts: 999 | From: Bismarck, ND | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Swedish Chef had a cereal called "Crunchy Stars", but he called them "croonchy stars". I loved that cereal. [Razz]

For the life of me I cannot spell today. If I have to go back and edit one more post for bad spelling I'm gonna cry. [Frown]

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
Devolution here,

Ali, there is always Speak and Spell.

We are DEVO

StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I'm gonna say is: things just haven't been the same since Jim Henson died! His death (as well as Fred Rogers) was truly a big loss for fans of family entertainment on TV. [Frown]
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
materialgirl347
Senior Rewinder
Member # 2194

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for materialgirl347   Email materialgirl347   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what about the muppet babies? i always thought it was so much better than the muppet show. but it bugged me how they never showed the nanny's face. i pictured her with short red hair and little black dots for eyes. anyone eles have ideas on what she looked like?
Posts: 99 | From: mass | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
Devolution here,

quote:

what about the muppet babies? i always thought it was so much better than the muppet show.

Bite your tongue Material Girl!!!
It's not even close.

We are DEVO

RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
don't flip a bitch Devo...remember she's new. Go easy on her!

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home