iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Monster Squad DVD?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Monster Squad DVD?
SlickShoes
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1908

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SlickShoes   Email SlickShoes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone know if The Monster Squad DVD was released yet, from what I hear the DVD is being released by a really shady company who releases are horrible.

I know alot of people on some other forums have been talking about it and saying they couldnt reserve it anywhere.

Anyone know whats up with this?

Posts: 16 | From: Jacksonville,Florida | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rose
Master Rewinder
Member # 2033

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rose   Email Rose   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just on Amazon yesterday and they only had it on VHS. And then they wanted an arm and a leg for it. I will look too, I want that movie!
Posts: 150 | From: Lakewood, WA | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlickShoes
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1908

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SlickShoes   Email SlickShoes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just love this movie, If I remember clearly the video store by my house carries a VHS copy of this, I might go and "rent" this for a very long time.

Maybe if the DVD from the Pacific Family Company doesnt come out, im gonna start a petition.

Posts: 16 | From: Jacksonville,Florida | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got the VHS, downloaded it off the net last week hoping it was a laserdisc rip, but it was just a really poor VHS rip, I can do much better.
There's a pile of Monster Squad DVD's on eBay and all off them look suspect, I've spotted 2 different covers too.

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlickShoes
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1908

Rate Member
Wizard where did you download it from? Ive been looking for it for the longest time. Ill settle for a poor quality version than nothing.

Anyone up for starting a petitions to these companies who may give us a good version with respectable special features that this movie deserves?

karl thomasson
Senior Rewinder
Member # 2023

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for karl thomasson   Email karl thomasson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well with most cases you can get a copy out of the United States. There is a lot of movies out there only on VHS and goes up to a 100.00 dollars or more. But buying outside of the states you can usually find DVD's of the movies you want.

Just have to check if your players can play the DVD where you are getting from, since there is different types of DVD's. With ebay you will probably find one made from a VHS, or Laserdisc. Made into VCD, or DVD. There is a lot of movies though like this that plays like a DVD.

The other day on ebay I saw the Monster Squad on DVD. And that person only sell factory made DVD's. I know because I have bought from the person before. And most of their movies come from the studios company, and video stores. Like Blockbuster, and Hollywood Video

Posts: 61 | From: bluff city, tennessee | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to thedigitalbits.com, The Monster Squad should have come out on 10/28. who knows?

Check out this site: The Monster Squad

Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home