iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Check This Out!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Check This Out!
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Click Here!

Not sure how I feel about this.

Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What kind of movie is that supposed to be? Some 30-40year-olds searching for a hidden treasure!? [Confused] I mean,who would that movie be aimed at. Kids couldn't relate to those "old" (I know, same age as me... [Frown] ) actors, I guess the only persons who would want so watch it were people like us, who loved them when they were kids themselves and are curious to see what they look like now and how they changed.
Hmmmmmm, don't know either how I feel about this... [Confused] [Confused]
It would be kind of nice to see them all reunited, though... hmmmmm....

Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

You will not see my name on that petition.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noikz
Master Rewinder
Member # 1000

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for noikz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anything is better than the crap thats at the Movies at the moment. I'd rather go and see The Goonies part 8 than a single minute of any crappy Matrix movie.
Posts: 239 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette
Master Rewinder
Member # 252

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Janette   Email Janette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My name will not be on the list as well. It would be a total let down if the movie really bombed. It would be hard to watch the original after seeing a bomb...

If they want to make more money off the Goonies name...re-release it in the theaters..."digitally remasterd"! How many of us would LOVE to see Goonies in the theater again!?!

Posts: 156 | From: Midwest, USA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rose
Master Rewinder
Member # 2033

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rose   Email Rose   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 150 | From: Lakewood, WA | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is he really trying to be a sequal made?? How sad. I have to agree with the second post here, are they going to be walking around with cane's in search of treasure under Astoria. Some things are just better left the way that they are. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlickShoes
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1908

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SlickShoes   Email SlickShoes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I heard its going to be about a 2nd generation of goonies who gets lost on their misadventures and its up to the gang to go and save them.

But it wont ever be the same without Mamma Fratelli or Sloth. Would Sean Astin return? Im pretty sure others would definately jump on board since the only ones to make it big in hollywood is Sean.

Posts: 16 | From: Jacksonville,Florida | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Corey Feldman is a sad, sad man. I never want there to be a Goonies 2! Well actually if you count the nintendo game Goonies 2 there already was one so we don't need another.

Besides, if they wanna make some second generation crap with different actors they can think up a new storyline and call it something else! We already have a Goonies, we don't need another!

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
starlawill
Rewinder
Member # 1139

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for starlawill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree, there's no way i'd be able to watch that. it would totally tarnish the goonies for me.
Posts: 48 | From: new york | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TresFoxy
Rewind Maestro
Member # 542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TresFoxy   Email TresFoxy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortuantly if there is a Goonies to I would be compeled to watch it even if it is pure crap. It is like an accident on the side of the road you don't want ot look but somehow the curiousity gets the best of you and you do..... Like I said I would even see 32 Candles!!! I guess I am most interested on what the script might be though. It doesn't seem like it could be a very good one. All the loose ends tended to be tied up. Plus if they couldn't all the same charaters it wouldn't work either. It is a sign of a bad sequal when half the characters are diferent from the orginal cast. For example... soap are the worst for changing actors mid way but keeping the same character. I just hate it when they do that!!! Also Teen Wolf Two did so as well and it just bugged me that Styles wasn't Jerry Levine! [Mad]
Posts: 808 | From: MI, USA | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don't know what to say, but i'd have to watch it of course though i still think it's a bad idea. [Frown]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWLkaholic
Senior Rewinder
Member # 2027

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for OWLkaholic   Email OWLkaholic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the Goonies topic, I think Chunk had a kid and hes in that new Dr. Seuss movie lol. I just saw the preview for the first time and as soon as that kid opened his mouth I could hear him yelling Sloooooth!

[ 31. October 2003, 12:28: Message edited by: OWLkaholic ]

Posts: 51 | From: The Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noikz
Master Rewinder
Member # 1000

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for noikz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chunk is a lawyer for actors these days according to what he says in the commentary on The Goonies (which IMO is the best commentary ever as you get to see all the actors as well as hear them). [Smile]
Posts: 239 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by noikz:
Chunk is a lawyer for actors these days according to what he says in the commentary on The Goonies (which IMO is the best commentary ever as you get to see all the actors as well as hear them). [Smile]

I absolutely agree with you, noikz!
I just got the DVD yesterday and was so pleasantly suprised to see them all in the commentary (even though they tend to speak all at the same time so at times it's hard to understand what they are saying, at least for us non-mothertounge-viewers). It's definitely one of the best commentarys! [Smile]

Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The commentary would have been much better if Feldman would have shut his mouth once and awhile! Man that guy can talk! [Eek!]
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As much as I love Corey, I agree w/ you Ali. The guy just wouldn't shut up!

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still want to know why Sean Astin left halfway through. was he mad?
Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
The filming of the commentary was about the same time that they started filming The Lord Of The Rings. I heard he left because he had to hop on a plane and film LOTR. If you listen to the commentary real close, you can hear Corey poke fun at Sean for being in LOTR. I bet he's jealous now! [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home