iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80's dirtbike movie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 80's dirtbike movie
Troy Nicholson
Rewind Curious
Member # 2040

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Troy Nicholson   Email Troy Nicholson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some one out there please help me!!! When i was growing up in the 80's i remember watching a dirtbike movie..all the time but i can't remember the name of the movie. I know it had a different brand of bikes in it, called hurricane. They raced and an up and coming kid with the help of a woman made it big only to have his bike messed up at the last race outside the hotel in the parking lot. Please someone tell me what the name of this movie is. It is killing me!!!!
Posts: 4 | From: Athens, Ohio | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karl thomasson
Senior Rewinder
Member # 2023

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for karl thomasson   Email karl thomasson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It might be BMX Bandits 1983 also known as Short Wave 88 minutes. But I am not sure, I have to looked for a dirt bike movie, and found this one of the one I used to watch when I was little. Nicole Kidman is in this one.

BMX Bandits was her third film. I remeber a couple year or so ago. K-Mart was selling DVD's and VHS movies from this company Front Rowe Entertainment. And the movies were real cheap, a lot of the movies were very popular, and hard to find ones.

I hope this is the movie you are looking for

Posts: 61 | From: bluff city, tennessee | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not BMX Bandits, my review of it was recently added to this site - http://www.fast-rewind.com/bmxbandits.htm
It doesn't sound like "Rad" or "The Dirt Bike Kid" either.

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

It's Definitely not Rad!

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this isn't it either, but another cool 80's dirt bike movie is: The Dirt Bike Kid with Peter Billingsley
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Dirt Bike Kid is essentially Herbie film, instead of a VW Beetle you have a dirt bike [Big Grin] a VERY 80s film, glad I got a copy of it
Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coul it be Winners take all (1986)?

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0092222/

Funny, I just found this film tonight! Anyone know anything about this motocross film?

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home