iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Streets of Fire

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Streets of Fire
Rose
Master Rewinder
Member # 2033

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rose   Email Rose   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to get some feedback about this movie. I have seen it a couple of times, but I really enjoyed the soundtrack more. I know that Diane Lane as well as others in the movie did not do their own singing..but it was still fairly decent work.

Loved the soundtrack, had it on vinyl for years before I wore it out. Must remember to add movie and sound track to my wish list. [Big Grin]

Posts: 150 | From: Lakewood, WA | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
streets of fire is terrific 'rock & roll fable' (as it's described on the cover). i had a thing for michael pare [Big Grin] . i also love the back and forth (sp?) bickering between mccoy and billy fish-classic lines there. willem defoe played a good bad guy, as he always does. and bill paxton as the dorky bartender....so funny.

the soundtrack was great. 'tonight is what it means to be young', and 'i can dream about you' are my person favorites from that album. but the whole soundtrack is good. [Cool]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
errrm.. i meant, personAL favorites, yea [Smile]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rose
Master Rewinder
Member # 2033

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rose   Email Rose   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is great. I always thought for the longest time I was the only person that saw that movie..lol. Yes I do like the banter back and forth between the two of them and Willam Defoe does make a good bad *** (is that possible?)

Thanks for the input, looking for ward to hearing some more. [Smile]

Posts: 150 | From: Lakewood, WA | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karl thomasson
Senior Rewinder
Member # 2023

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for karl thomasson   Email karl thomasson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you go to amazon.com you can buy the soundtrack. It says it ships within 24 hours. But of course you can most likely buy it cheaper used or new.

The place that I buy my movies, books, music is half.com have cheap prices, but have high prices for some items

Posts: 61 | From: bluff city, tennessee | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samurai Sweetie
Master Rewinder
Member # 1529

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Samurai Sweetie   Author's Homepage   Email Samurai Sweetie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I LOVE this movie, I have the Soundtrack on CD, it's one of my favourites. [Cool]

Hehe, I even made a WinAmp Media Player skin of Streets of Fire [Big Grin]

Posts: 186 | From: Lookout Mountain Road | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Streets Of Fire is just an excellent movie. It grips you right from the start, because you have the music and action straight off. Defoe is great as Raven, and Pare is almost a supporting actor, cos he's almost too laid back. The thing I really liked about the movie (apart from music, guns, bikes, explosions, and the dancer in Torchy's [Wink] ) was Rick Moranis. There's not much of his stuff I can take (My Blue Heaven and Little Shop Of Horrors is about it for me) but in this he's perfectly cast and comes across as a really good actor - which is something I never thought I'd hear myself say!
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djcsuperstar
Master Rewinder
Member # 723

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for djcsuperstar   Author's Homepage   Email djcsuperstar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, great movie, got in on DVD.

Let's not forget Lee Ving, lead singer for the legendary punk band Fear, who makes an appearance as Dafoe's second in command.

I once stayed in a rather seedy hotel in L.A. that had a big Streets of Fire poster randomly placed in the hallway. If I knew how to post the picture I would.

Posts: 146 | From: Pluto | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rose
Master Rewinder
Member # 2033

Member Rated:
I do like Lee Ving as Raven's sidekick. He was in Clue too wasnt he? Anyway, I am going to be putting both of them on my wishlist, sound track and movie, thanks for the input everyone.
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

right you are, rose. lee ving was in clue, which i think is a great movie.

i forgot to mention e.g. daily (elizabeth daily, right?) in the movie, as the tag-along fan.

LOL @ paul-the dancer at torchy's..wasn't she the actual dancer for jennifer beals in flashdance? and wasn't lee ving in flashdance too? it has been a long time since i have see it. i didn't really like the movie all that much [Frown]

Rose
Master Rewinder
Member # 2033

Member Rated:
Yeah, the gal who was the original dancer in flashdance was in that I remember and I dont know if Lee Ving was in Flashdance, beleive it or not I hated the plot but I loved the dancing. I have seen that movie way too many times. [Smile] I will do some research on Lee, I like him as an actor, I think he has done some other movies too.

Yeah elizabeth daily was in Better off Dead too, she was pretty good and she had a part in Friends not too long ago. It was good to see her again, she looks great.

djcsuperstar
Master Rewinder
Member # 723

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for djcsuperstar   Author's Homepage   Email djcsuperstar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ronnie:
right you are, rose. lee ving was in clue, which i think is a great movie.

i forgot to mention e.g. daily (elizabeth daily, right?) in the movie, as the tag-along fan.

LOL @ paul-the dancer at torchy's..wasn't she the actual dancer for jennifer beals in flashdance? and wasn't lee ving in flashdance too? it has been a long time since i have see it. i didn't really like the movie all that much [Frown]

Yep, Lee Ving was in Flashdance. He played Johnny C, who made the "horizontal mambo" proposition to her at the bar.

Yeah, I dig the soundtrack...I love Ry Cooder's cover of Link Wray's Rumble. Great stuff.

Posts: 146 | From: Pluto | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rose
Master Rewinder
Member # 2033

Member Rated:
Cool, I thought he might have been, but I wasnt sure.

I love Ry Cooder's "one bad stud" that is such a great song. actually Ry Cooder was just great all around

Its kinda like the Lost Boys soundtrack, with Echo and the Bunnymen. Faboo!

Im still doing the research on Lee Ving..he makes a good sleaze ball character.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home