iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Breakfast Club DVD?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Breakfast Club DVD?
I used to fancy Molly Ringwald
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1884

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for I used to fancy Molly Ringwald   Email I used to fancy Molly Ringwald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this out yet, I cant find it in the UK?. I would love there to be some good extras on it......doubt it though?
Posts: 67 | From: London,Uk | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rose
Master Rewinder
Member # 2033

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rose   Email Rose   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be great if it is, I would think if Amazon.com had it, that the UK version of Amazon would too, go fig.
Posts: 150 | From: Lakewood, WA | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Usedtofancy, unfortunately it's not out on DVD in Europe yet, trust me, I've been checking the UK amazon site every so often (since I figure that IF it ever came to Europe, it would be UK first). Well, let's keep our fingers crossed that the DVD-gods grant us this wish...
[Smile]

Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know it's really unfair how they release certin movies in the US first or in the UK first. Sometimes all of you have to wait and vice versa for us in the States. I'm thinking of buying a multi-region DVD player so that I can have whatever DVD I want when I want it!
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About 1/3 of my 160+ DVD collection is non-R2 for two reasons, films can be gotten cheaper from outside the UK, and a large amount of films just aren't available on R2.

A lot of DVD players can be made multiregional without having to send them to someone to upgrade them with a hack chip, they can be made multiregional by punching in a special sequence on the remote control.

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are 2 different Breakfast Club DVDs available in the USA, but they are both practically bare-bones releases. The first disc only has production notes, and the second one only has the trailer. If they are ever released overseas, don't hold your breath on getting any bonus material...
Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the exact date of the spec. edition DVD of this? Is it this fall?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Riptide, the US release date is 9/16/08. However, I'm waiting for the Blu-ray release.

Ok this thread is filled with some awesome Rewind screen names.....I used to fancy Molly Ringwald, deathbystereo80, Ali_with_an_i, and AdventuresinGooniesitting,

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaneyDiamond
Rewind Curious
Member # 7161

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for LaneyDiamond   Email LaneyDiamond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got the DVD of Breakfast Club which I bought here in the UK. Had it a while now. Can't remember where I brought it though. I'm pretty sure that I brought it in HMV or somewhere like that :-)
Posts: 7 | From: England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget that the Rewind Retro Assistant is always there to help with just this sort of question...

Yes, its available in the UK. Specs can be found for USA, Canada and The UK on the above link.

Hope that helps!

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home