iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Scary Movies of the 80's

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scary Movies of the 80's
Rose
Master Rewinder
Member # 2033

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rose   Email Rose   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to ask a question. Does anyone remember the movie Phantasm? Was that an 80's flick?..did it freak anyone else out besides me?... [Embarrassed]
Posts: 150 | From: Lakewood, WA | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit
Master Rewinder
Member # 1904

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Email Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No i never watched it but my boyfriend has seen it and said that it was the scariest film he ever saw. [Eek!]
Posts: 317 | From: South East London England | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sam hain2
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1964

- posted      Profile for sam hain2   Email sam hain2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Tall Man Angus Scrimm is very creepy. Watch out for flying metal orbs.
Posts: 999 | From: Bismarck, ND | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I havent seen the whole thing...oughta rent it for Halloween...theres plenty of freaky imagery goin on,with The Tall Man and the little dwarfy guys. Rent it. Its probably good.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are currently filming Phantasms End. click this link for more info and a description of the new film. Phantasms End
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rose
Master Rewinder
Member # 2033

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rose   Email Rose   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, after I started that thread, I did some checking and I found out it was released in 1979, the first one anyway. I am surprised to hear that they are working on a nother one. WEll, I guess I shouldnt be surprised, but that is pretty cool. Ever since I found this site, I have a ton of movies in my wish list now at Amazon.com, just waiting for me to buy them [Big Grin]

Hmmmm, Rent it for Halloween...(long pause) Well, it is on a Friday this year, and I would have 2 full days to recover from the terror.. [Eek!] [Smile]

Posts: 150 | From: Lakewood, WA | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was going to write the classic quote:
"its just a dream"
"NO....IT ISN'T"
but I THINK thats from Phantasm 2.
aw,what the heck:Guess I'll rent em both this weekend.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rose
Master Rewinder
Member # 2033

Member Rated:
Thank you!, Im glad to see such awesome participation. I dont think I ever saw any of the sequels like I said.

Another movie that comes to mind was taken from a Ray Bradbury book.."something wicked this way comes." That was pretty good, not too scary, just suspenseful.

I love the title too..it has a wonderful poetic sound to it [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home