iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » HOUSE!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HOUSE!!
I used to fancy Molly Ringwald
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1884

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for I used to fancy Molly Ringwald   Email I used to fancy Molly Ringwald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Everyone,

Never actually saw the film when it was out in the 80s, although I always wanted to watch it.

Saw it cheap in HMV and decided to pick it up on DVD....got to say its a top movie, it had a cheesy elemant to it but also has a endearing quality to it.

I didnt really like the horror movies in the 80s apart from the nightmare on elm street movies but House was very good.

My question is are the other house movies as good, how many were there....3 or 4?

thanks.

Posts: 67 | From: London,Uk | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are all pretty cheesey. I wouldn't say that they were good but they were entertaining. At least 2 was. I really don't remember the rest. I do remember that the others had nothing to do with the first.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
I used to fancy Molly Ringwald
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1884

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for I used to fancy Molly Ringwald   Email I used to fancy Molly Ringwald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ali_with_an_i:
They are all pretty cheesey. I wouldn't say that they were good but they were entertaining. At least 2 was. I really don't remember the rest. I do remember that the others had nothing to do with the first.

Great name, I love the Karate Kid!!
Posts: 67 | From: London,Uk | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the compliment! Not everybody gets my username. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massiveretaliation
Master Rewinder
Member # 950

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for massiveretaliation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first one is far superior to the others. I remember watching it on TV all the time growing up, so it is definitely one of my favourites. Great makeup and F/X for a low budget flick!
Posts: 168 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ali_with_an_i:
Thanks for the compliment! Not everybody gets my username. [Big Grin]

Ouch! [Frown] [Wink]
Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
McFly
Rewind Jedi
Member # 354

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for McFly   Email McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
House was a great try at something different in the horror genre, kind of comedy/horror. Good effects for 1986. Just don't think about it too much (how does Roger explain where the son has been, just tell them he was in a Vietnam jungle inside the house???).

House II was barely ok, not even any real horror, just bizarre gags.

House III is a totally disconnected action film called The Horror Show, about a guy who gets the electric chair but lives on to terrorize the cop who put him away.

House IV is somewhat connected to the first, even has Roger, but they kill him off and go into straight-to-video type junk storyline.

Posts: 1251 | From: Anaheim, CA USA | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
Reading my post it sounds like I didn't like the first one either. Actually I liked that one the best. I was just commenting on the sequels.

Sorry TKO, I didn't mean you! [Wink] I said not everybody gets it, but I know there are a few that do! [Big Grin]

Rose
Master Rewinder
Member # 2033

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rose   Email Rose   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats pretty funny. I was just talking to someone about House the other day. I havent seen it in years, but I watched it originally because the guy from Greatest American Hero was in it. What can I say, I go for the familiar faces at times.

I did see the second one, but wasnt as impressed as with the first..

Posts: 150 | From: Lakewood, WA | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home