iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Night of The Comet DVD??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Night of The Comet DVD??
Marius350
Rewinder
Member # 342

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Marius350   Email Marius350   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I heard NOTC will be released on OCT. 28, but, after looking on Cdnow or Amazon I saw nothing about its release. Does anyone know where I would be able to find it or what studio is releasing it?
Posts: 38 | From: Hazleton, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Banshee
Master Rewinder
Member # 1829

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Banshee   Email Banshee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Digital Bits had said here that it was going to be released by Pacific Family/Triumph but I can't find it or more specifically the Monster Squad available for pre-order/order anywhere. [Frown]
Posts: 125 | From: Surrey, U.K. | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a section on this site that gives the dates of all the upcoming DVDs. You should check it out! [Smile]
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard that Pacific Family/Triumph have had legal troubles in the past regarding releasing films they didn't have permission to release.
Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MONSOON
Master Rewinder
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for MONSOON   Email MONSOON   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do a Google search and all you'll find are comments wondering who the hell they are. What kind of company doesnt even have a website?!? Looking more and more like these 2 movies are still just dreams for those of us that would like to add them to our DVD collections.
Posts: 264 | From: Bainbridge , GA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWLkaholic
Senior Rewinder
Member # 2027

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for OWLkaholic   Email OWLkaholic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I know is there is a copy of it on EBay right now and its up to 45$
Posts: 51 | From: The Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massiveretaliation
Master Rewinder
Member # 950

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for massiveretaliation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I looked on their site pacific family entertainment a while ago to find some info...you maybe able to order both directly from them, I'm too lazy to check right now [Big Grin]
Posts: 168 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MONSOON
Master Rewinder
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for MONSOON   Email MONSOON   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well you can't order them directly. Their order section is still under construction. I signed up for their mailer and asked if they were going to release those movies to DVD. We'll see if they reply.
Posts: 264 | From: Bainbridge , GA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massiveretaliation
Master Rewinder
Member # 950

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for massiveretaliation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I finally checked it out. I also saw that ALL the copies of Monster Squad on Ebay are DVD-R's from the laserdisc.
Posts: 168 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MONSOON
Master Rewinder
Member # 335

Yeah thats how I got NOTC and License to Drive. Theyre both good copies and considering I only had NOTC on VHS Im pretty happy. Personally Id be willing to bet that if this company slips these under the radars of the original movie Cos. Theyll be in the 7.99 bins Like The Wraith was. And that will mean keep a sharp eye out or theyll be gone.
Just 1 Of The Guys
Rewind Curious
Member # 2032

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Just 1 Of The Guys   Email Just 1 Of The Guys   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This isn't an official release.

They don't have the rights to night of the comet or any of the other titles they were to release.

I'll wait until the respective companies put out the real dvds. I believe there are petitions online for titles on dvd like night of the comet and the monster squad.

Posts: 3 | From: nyc | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MONSOON
Master Rewinder
Member # 335

Well for NOTC youll be waiting for a while, even the director/writer doesnt know who owns the rights to it and considers it a "Lost Film". Quite honestly if someone like Pacific Family/Triumph doesnt release it,it will probably never make it to DVD. At least not from the film company that originally released it.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home