iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Breakin' soundtrack question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Breakin' soundtrack question
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my favorites songs on the Breakin’ soundtrack is ‘Reckless’, performed by Ice-T.
But I missed it when I saw this movie again on dvd. Is that possible? Or is my hearing also questionable?
I’m pretty sure that this song was in the original movie.

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noikz
Master Rewinder
Member # 1000

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for noikz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's listed at IMDB as being in the movie. I havent had chance to watch my DVD of Breakin' since I bought it but I'll keep my ears open when I do, which hopefully will be soon. [Smile]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086998/soundtrack

Posts: 239 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's very weird, I'm currently scanning through my UK DVD of it and I'm sure that track is in there but I can't find it!
Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, wizard, I think they used another Ice-T song instead. It sounds pretty much the same, but,… well, it isn’t.
I still could be wrong though and just missed it. When I have the time I’ll have to check it out myself. The thing is, I already have a lot of catching up to do of so many other movies I haven’t seen yet. [Roll Eyes]

Maybe Isis knows?

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG- TKO...Reckless is the song they play when they are competing/dancing against Electro Rock. It is on my DVD.I love how Ozone dances to that....watch it again, you'll see it.. I love that song. I have the Breakin soundtrack on the LP. I love Aint' Nobody...that's one of my favorite all time songs!
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
I haven’t checked it yet, but if it’s on your dvd, then it has to be on mine too.
Seems I do have a hearing problem. [Eek!]
Anyway thx Isis. I have the vinyl soundtrack too , another favorite of mine is 99 ˝ by Carol Lynn Townes, but actually the whole album is [Cool] .

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think when they play Reckless is when Kelly dances with them, in her red and black outfit...I even asked my son, cause he loves that song..I think I might just have to break down-(haha)- and watch Breakin just one more time, just for you -TKO- not that I want to or anything, it's not like my favorite movie or anything...hehehe
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just checked my DVD again and also my original VHS of Breakdance, played them side by side so they were in sync - it appears that the basic tune of Reckless is used when TKO beat Electro Rock but not the full track.
Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
Thanks everyone for going through all that trouble.

And Isis, I’m so sorry,…
It must be a real drag for you to watch that movie again. [Wink]

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
TKO-It will be tough, be some how I'll manage to get through it. I wish they would have put them in the I love the 80's series, cause I would love to see what the 3 of them look like now.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I played the Breakin soundtrack at the Halloween party for the Limbo and Halloween Twister, and the kids loved it! It is a great party soundtrack. My 2 1/2 year old niece was dancing like crazy to it, she loved it, so don't anyone tell me, that this music can't hold it's own.
TKO
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
Sounds like fun. Good choice Isis [Cool]

" Freakshow, baby, baby on the dance floor..." [Big Grin]

Rose
Master Rewinder
Member # 2033

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rose   Email Rose   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gosh, if I am not mistaken I think I owned the breakin soundtrack at one time..maybe Im hallucinating...I do that..must have been all of those drugs i did in the 60's.
Posts: 150 | From: Lakewood, WA | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhh the 60's, my second fav of all decades. How I wish I wasn't sucha youngen. Believe it or not, but I study The woodstock documentary religiously.

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rose
Master Rewinder
Member # 2033

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rose   Email Rose   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That does sound intriguing. I believe you. Woodstock was a historical and momenumentous event culturally and musically. Never will any of those musicians be on stage again or collectively, its brilliant.

Keep on drinking in the knowledge, nothing wrong with being young. You have the brain capacity I wish I did have as far as remembering things back when.

Posts: 150 | From: Lakewood, WA | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home