iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Bruce Campbell

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bruce Campbell
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering if anyone else loves Bruce as much as I do? He starred in and wrote the first Evil Dead in 1981 and went on to make Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness. He still has steady work but I think his most successful period was in the 80s. I love all his films whether he's the star or just a cameo. He's my favorite actor! Anyone else love Mr. Campbell?
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evil neil
Rewind Curious
Member # 1954

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for evil neil   Author's Homepage   Email evil neil   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello i love brucey too!
ive followed his other films since evil dead, have you read his book 'if chins could kill'? its one of the funniest and interesting things ever. new evil dead game i quite like too. out of all actors i only really like to hear what old bruce has to say, he is ace!

Posts: 9 | From: uk | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ordered his book but never got the chance to read it yet. I'm gonna get on that soon though. [Cool]

By the way, you should check this link out for a recent interview he gave to Aint It Cool.com . Hope you enjoy!

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TresFoxy
Rewind Maestro
Member # 542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TresFoxy   Email TresFoxy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally love Bruce Campbell!!! I thought that he was soo cute. I mean anyone who can use the line" Gimme some sugar baby" and still be hot is alright in my book. I even used to watch him on Zena Warrior Princess and Hercules. I didn't like the shows I just liked him! [Smile] He only did a few expisodes. My friend worked with him on a film once. It was directed by Sam Raimi and I think he helped produce it.
Posts: 808 | From: MI, USA | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I love Bruce Campbell, I even bought the book, and I love the movie Indian Summer, even though he isn't in it, his book tells of all the inside Sam Raimi jokes.

He rocks.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
He used to have a show called Jack Of All Trades, it as made by the same people who made Xena and such. I thought it was brilliant but they tanked it anyways. Stupid network execs have no clue when they got gold in their hands!
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Not to mention my girlfriends favorite show, Brisco County Jr.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The man's a talent, is he doing much nowadays?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
Oh yeah, he's in USA Networks "Burn Notice", he constantly tours the country doing book signings and movie tours. He had a movie that spoofed his "Evil Dead" films sort of called "My Name Is Bruce". It was cheesy like most of his stuff so I enjoyed it.

Also he was in alot of Old Spice commercials that you can watch on You Tube.

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked Bubba Ho-tep too.........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
Oh that was a great one, a sequel is in the works!
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great movie....Elvis and JFK vs an Egyptian mummy. Does it get any better? Excellent 'what really happened to Elvis' premise.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Bruce Campbell. I read both his books, and Evil Dead II is my favorite movie. I also read the Xena vs. Army of Darkness comics, lol. I loved him in Hercules and Xena too. Jack of All Trades was clever and funny, but I didn't see much of Brisco County, Jr. I'm glad Burn Notice is doing so well, he needs to be on a show that isn't cancelled again.

I also liked his X-Files episode, ha ha. I love it when I find out he was on other shows I like.

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
Oh Brisco was an underrated gem. I have the box set of that, it was one season but it was awesome. I have the Army Of Darkness comics too- great stuff.

I also have many figures, busts and statues from alot of his movies.

I also read his books, he has such a great sense of humor. I own all of his films except for "My Name is Bruce" and "Sundown: The Vampire in Retreat" but I will have that soon sice it is finally being released on DVD.(thanks Valley!)

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home