iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » What 80s film deserves more credit (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What 80s film deserves more credit
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, christopher Walken is ok, except for that whole Natalie Wood thing...which I happen to believe. But hey, minor details.

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RiverPhoenix4life:
Yeah, christopher Walken is ok, except for that whole Natalie Wood thing...which I happen to believe. But hey, minor details.

Tootles! [Wink]

Are you talking about her death? Wasn't Robert Wagner accused of her murder?
Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Walken and Wagner were the only two others on the boat. Curious, that she happened to just fall off the boat and drown, especially since she was terrified of water. plus, in the dead of night w/ no people around, I'm sure someone woulda heard somthing. I did a whole report on this last year.

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scary, very scary. If its true, I guess Walken is kind of like his character in "At Close Range." [Frown]
Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
True that Eddie! Oh, I was recently watching Sleepy Hollow(as Halloween approaches) and realised that Walken is the headless Horseman. But u kno what? There was no credit for his character or him. huh???

Tootles! [Wink]

mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. I didnt know he was the Headless Horseman. ha! now I'll have to watch it again.
I dont know the answer to the Natalie Wood mystery. There was a lotta drinkin involved...she could've really gotten wasted and fell in the water. dont know.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWLkaholic
Senior Rewinder
Member # 2027

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for OWLkaholic   Email OWLkaholic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Sure Thing
A Cusack flick that takes a backseat to his others in most eyes but I still love it.

Posts: 51 | From: The Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My old acting coach was in a fillm with Walken back in the late 80s. He aside from him smoking pot in his trailer at before every scene, he was one of the nicest people he'd ever met. He gave my coach lots of advice and was very kind.

The whole Natalie Wood thing will always be a mystery. Anyone famous that dies of other than natural causes will always have that cloud of mystery. People will always wonder if it was an accident or if he/she was really murdered. Think Marilyn Monroe, Elvis and the list goes on.....

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
Very true Ali, and tho I don't think Elvis was murdered, I'm not entirely convinced that Monroe overdosed. My intuition points straight to the Kennedys. Call me crazy!

Tootles! [Wink]

Jones4Rio
Rewinder
Member # 1848

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jones4Rio   Email Jones4Rio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I love, love, LOVE "The Night Before" (1988) with Keanu Reeves and Lori Loughlin. They've finally started playing it on cable again and I can't stop myself from watching it every time I come across it. It's just so enticingly corny. It's one of those movies that I have all the lines memorized. Keanu Reeves plays a great dork - Winston Connelly. Lori Loughlin is the supreme bit*hy popular cheerleader - Tara Mitchell. AND the soundtrack is by George Clinton. [Smile] Unfortunately, a lot of people haven't seen it, much less heard of it.

I have to second "Once Bitten". I can't even begin to count the number of times I've seen this one. It was in the after school habitual viewing rotation when I was much younger. It seems though that everyone knows about this film since Jim Carrey is such a HUGE star now. I NEVER would have guessed in a million years.

Also, I really love "Seven Minutes In Heaven" with Maddie Corman, Jennifer Connelly and Byron Thames. Even though it's about 15 year olds, it really spoke to me when I was 13. It's a bit uneven but the emotions felt very relevant to a new adolescent. No one EVER talks about this one.

Posts: 48 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I LOVE The Night Before! I used to crackup when he brought her an Owl magnet! hahaha! That was such a cute movie! [Razz]
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The night before. I love that movie. I watched it around the time it came out, and recently purchased it. A lot funny scenes in it. The bartender who spikes his drink was actually a wrestler called Zeus in the WWF briefly. I love George Clinton in the soundtrack too.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone here like Plain Clothes (1988)? An underrated little comedy that I found was fun.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home