iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » 80s film you DON'T want to see a sequal to

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 80s film you DON'T want to see a sequal to
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is kind of a follow up to the question about 32 Candles. Is there any other film besides 16 candles that you think there should not be a sequal made to. I have seen several different times on this site about possible sequals to The Goonies, The Lost Boys, and The Breakfast Club. I think that these films deserve to stand on their own because they would never ever live up to the original, not possible. I am really not looking forward to the remake of Dirty Dancing. Even though it will be different characters, I don't think it will ever live up to the original.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaymi
Master Rewinder
Member # 1434

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jaymi   Email Jaymi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it would suck to have sequels to Better Off Dead and Some Kind of Wonderful. The Mannequin Sequel was really lame...

What else??? [Mad]

Posts: 348 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am not thrilled about any sequel or remakes that are going to take place, but you never know how things may turn out..which is why i am willing to give any sequel a chance. (i also heard that another sleepaway camp is going to happen. and another return of the living dead has already been filmed or is going to be)
the way things are going in hollywood these days, remakes and sequels of any 80s movie are bound to pop up somehow, it seems. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't want to see a sequal to The Blues Brothers & Teen Wolf.

*checks DVD collection*

Damn...

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't want to see a sequel to :
The Goonies
Ferris Buellers Day Off
Lost Boys
and thats all I can think of right at the moment.

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noikz
Master Rewinder
Member # 1000

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for noikz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always wondered whether a St Elmos Fire sequel would work...

On 1 hand I think it would work because you could see what Billy had been up to in New York, how Alec's political career was going , did Jules stay off the drugs, did Kirby ever meet Dale again etc etc etc...

On the other I tend to dislike the majority of new movies and unless it was made carefully and not just for the money then it could be a disaster. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 239 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They always make sequels to all the wrong stuff. I don't want to see sequels of any of the movies mentioned. But, I always wondered why they didn't make more sequels to Ghostbusters and Gremlins. Those are timeless classics, and could have gone on forever.

I always wanted to see a sequel to Private School, where the girls are now teachers-Phoebe Cates and Betsy Russell, or in it some how and they have a new bunch of teenagers. Or a reunion movie.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Lost Boys could have had a decent sequel a few years later, but not now. I wish there had been a sequel to Making the Grad, if you see the ending credits they say there would be one, Tourista. But it looks like it was canned.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad they never made a sequel to Stand By Me. I don't think it would have worked. I love how film ends, even though you long for more you know that their adventure ended and their lives went on. They couldn't have made a better movie.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only thing I could have thought about for a Stand by Me sequel would be to go back a few years before the boys searcehd for the body, where Gordy's brother John Cusack was the main character, and we see what his life was like before he died, and seeing the four boys in more of their formative stages. But can't happen now, only then. They've all grown up.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rose
Master Rewinder
Member # 2033

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rose   Email Rose   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No sequels to:

The Princess Bride
Pretty in Pink
Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

Thats all I can think of right now.

Posts: 150 | From: Lakewood, WA | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What? like:

• The Princess Divorcee
  • "Not so hot and growing a mustache" In Pink
  • Painfully Slow Times at Ridgemont Retirement Village

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goonie_girl
Master Rewinder
Member # 1530

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for goonie_girl   Email goonie_girl       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm really just against all sequals or 80's movies because we love them and we don't want anything to besmirch them. we love them for a reason and anything that could add on to it would probably just dissapoint us.
Posts: 160 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TresFoxy
Rewind Maestro
Member # 542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TresFoxy   Email TresFoxy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok guilty pleasure.... I liked "mannequin on the move"("mannequin 2") and "Grease 2" [Eek!]

But generally I feel that people shouldn't mess with the classics. If it's not broke don't fix it!!! Right?! [Big Grin]

Posts: 808 | From: MI, USA | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TresFoxy:
Ok guilty pleasure.... I liked "mannequin on the move"("mannequin 2") and "Grease 2" [Eek!]

me too tresfoxy! i have to admit that i thought grease 2 was way cool and i really liked mannequin also [Smile] .
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaymi
Master Rewinder
Member # 1434

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jaymi   Email Jaymi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with TresFoxy.....Don't fool with something awesome...It tarnishes the original and ruins it for a lot of people...
Posts: 348 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Surprised a Ferris Bueller sequel, the College years wasn't produced. But I respect John Hughes for not doing that.
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is probably a stupid idea (cuz I hate sequals...especially done 15 years later) but I always thought Andie shoulda ended up with Ducky(Pretty In Pink). We can have Andie divorcing Blaine and leaving him for Ducky!!!! Just a thought.
Dont wanna see Lost Boys sequel, 32 Candles, pretty much any John Hughes: I thought those were perfect as is. And I dont relish the Willy Wonka remake.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:
this is probably a stupid idea (cuz I hate sequals...especially done 15 years later) but I always thought Andie shoulda ended up with Ducky(Pretty In Pink). We can have Andie divorcing Blaine and leaving him for Ducky!!!!

Haha mammamiasweetpeaches, that's a funny idea! [Big Grin]
Ducky NOT getting the girl always bothered me too.
But do I want to see it filmed? - Not really!!!

Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay. Then I will write a FAN FICTION story. Hey,gang, ever wonder what Happened to Andie after PRETTY IN PINK? She divorced Blaine and went lookin for Ducky. Ducky, also divorced was living in an apartment he shared with Charlie Sheen. Now they are all living together happily. [Smile]
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is actually a site where people write stuff like that - fan Fiction
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sara
Rewinder
Member # 1697

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for sara   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey i cant wait till they make the goonies sequal , i just watched the dvd today and during the comentary they talk about maybe doinga sequal and i hope that they do. if you watch it you will not believe what chunk looks like now its like a whole diffrnt person. but i dont think that there should be a sequal to princess bride( because they lived happily ever after and if they made a sequal it would need a little action to be good and then somone will die and thats not happy) and they should not do a sequal to stand by me ( and if they do steven king should shoot whoeve made it even if it was him self J/K) [Razz]
Posts: 40 | From: arlington tx | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home