iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Is it just me....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is it just me....
noikz
Master Rewinder
Member # 1000

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for noikz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was watching St Elmo’s fire again last night with my girlfriend. Right at the beginning when Kirby sees Dale (Andie Macdowell) for the 1st time and the St Elmo’s Fire music kicks in, the hairs on my neck stood on end and I went all tingly... I just wish the music was left to play on a little longer. Is it just me or does anyone else like that little moment? [Razz]

Also, what other parts of other 80s movies give you that goose bumpy feeling?

You just can’t beat the 80s for feeling good. [Cool]

Posts: 239 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyone will probably think I'm weird, but I get goose bumps when they teach Kelly to breakdance, to Ain't Nobody in Breakin! I love that part!!!
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Noikz,

I love St. Elmo's Fire and there are 2 parts in that movie that always give me the chills. The first is when Kirby follows Dale to that party on his bike and he is outside in the rain watching her through the window. She's just standing there taking off her scarf and coat and the music is perfect. The second part I love is when he grabs her and kisses her at the car and then her boyfriend comes out and takes their picture! Classic!!

I love the scene in Pretty in Pink when Andie and Duckie show up at the prom and Duckie says "should we dance?" and they show the two of them grab each other's hand. Ahhh!!! So sweet!

Another one is the love scene in Say Anything where Lloyd and Diane are in the car and she's like "listen to this song, it's a really good song." I love John Cusack.

God, I just realized what a sap I am [Roll Eyes] .

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FontanaG
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1673

- posted      Profile for FontanaG   Author's Homepage   Email FontanaG       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To me it is on Say Anything when John is standing in the rain holding the boom box playing thier song, you gota just feel for the guy. [Frown]
Posts: 59 | From: FontanaCA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home