iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Cant they just leave him alone!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cant they just leave him alone!
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't condone the use of drugs but I wish they'd just leave Tommy Chong alone! He was busted for selling bongs through his online glass company. I think it's stupid and cops could be spending tax payers money going after real criminals, you know dangerous ones! Now he'll be serving time in prison which will put off the movie he and Cheech Marin were going to film together. For the complete story read here.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but selling drugs are "illegal" even if you are a celebrity, if they didn't arrest him then what kind of message would they be sending people. I actually think celebrities get away with alot more than what regular people do, because they are always confessing about all their drug use, and everything they did, so if you confess it, then why aren't you in jail? Plus, they are suppose to be setting an example, just about every celebrity-at one time or another has had a teen/kid following. They know that to-going in to this business, that everything they do is going to be in the spotlight. I don't agree with that. I think the press is horrid, and actors are regular people that are entitled to a private life, but stay away from the illegal stuff- cause it isn't something anyone should be messing in, in the first place, no matter who ya are.

What surprises me, is that Tommy Chong is still alive, after all that drug use.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sam hain2
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1964

- posted      Profile for sam hain2   Email sam hain2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard that Cheech and Chong did a lot LESS drugs then most people think. It was just an act.
Posts: 999 | From: Bismarck, ND | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thebazman
Master Rewinder
Member # 1741

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thebazman   Author's Homepage   Email thebazman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
selling drugs is illegal and i agree that should come with some sort of reprimand, however he wasnt actually selling drugs, just paraphernalia used when taking drugs,

the only reason i wanted to post this was because for that reason i feel he was pretty hard done to, i have no time for drug pushers etc especially when they are responsible for getting kids hooked on the stuff etc. i think adults can do what they want to a certain extent, but i do not think it should be ever made legal, but hey thats another point altogether.

fact is he was selling items for adults, already using drugs, nothing seedy or inciting people and kids to start using. i think in this case his celebrity status actualy worked against him, because of what he is famous for, maybe seen as promoting the use of drugs because of the humour and as the report says, they threw the book at him. a little unfair i think

anyway all he had to do was base his site on a european server, and get the stuff to appear as imported from like Holland or something, then he wouldnt have had any bother, lol

Baz

Posts: 142 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree Baz. I don't agree with drug use and I think you should be punished but you're right. His celebrity status worked against him.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home