iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Favorite 80's arcade games

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Favorite 80's arcade games
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved hanging at the arcade! That's how we killed the day on Saturday! Here's some of my favorites:

Dig Dug
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Junior
Frogger
Centipede
Tempest
Galaga
Zaxxon
Space Invaders
Asteroids
Pac-Man,
Ms. Pac Man

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaymi
Master Rewinder
Member # 1434

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jaymi   Email Jaymi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PACMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 348 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roundpeg
Rewinder
Member # 1960

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Roundpeg   Email Roundpeg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joust
Robotron 2084
Journey - The Game
Q-Bert

Posts: 37 | From: Grew up in Florida (Go Dolphins!) Live in Germany | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved Q-bert too, I forgot him.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noikz
Master Rewinder
Member # 1000

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for noikz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I spent an absolute fortune on "Out Run" whilst on holiday in the 80s. That game rocked with the selectable music you could have while driving, the awesome Ferrari. And Out Run 2 is out soon [Big Grin]
Posts: 239 | From: Cheshire, UK | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I love Galaga, or Galaxian, but I also was a big fan of Punchout (the original)
Order of fighters:

Glass Joe
Piston Hurricane,
Bald Bull,
Kid Quick,
Pizza Pasta,
Mr. Sandman.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roundpeg
Rewinder
Member # 1960

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Roundpeg   Email Roundpeg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey DEVO,

"Uppercut, uppercut, body blow!"

I used to love that game. I forgot about that one.

Posts: 37 | From: Grew up in Florida (Go Dolphins!) Live in Germany | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
80s arcade games I played the most as a kid...

Punch-Out!
Galaga
Pac-Man
Crystal Castles
Arm Wrestling (Nintendo game with a similar look to Punch-Out!)
Q-Bert
Nintendo's Playchoice 10 machines
Double Dragon
Rampage
WWF Superstars
Karate Champ
Bubbles
The Main Event
Arch Rivals
Bad Dudes
Superman
Midway's Demolition Derby
VS The Goonies

Arcades are crap now compared to the 80s. You go to an arcade nowadays, and there are a few video games here and there, but mostly you see kiddie rides/chance games, and maybe one or two pinball machines...if you're lucky. The only games I enjoy playing now are the dancing games from Japan. (Dance Dance Revolution, Dance Maniax...etc) I don't care for shooters or driving games, which seem to be dominant in arcades today. Ditto for the tournament fighters, they're all the same.

I should mention, if you want to get a true 80s arcade experience, go to Funspot in Meredith New Hampshire. www.funspotnh.com That place is just awesome. They have hundreds of arcade games from the 70s to now, including most of the prominent titles. The top floor is the coolest. Its all 80s arcade games and pinball machines, nothing but 80s music plays on the speakers, there are neat retro arcade posters on the walls...its great. and the place is VERY generous with tokens; for $10 or $20, you usually get DOUBLE of what you'd get elsewhere. 160 tokens for $20 is a hell of a deal, especially since all the old games are still $25 to play. They also have a bowling alley, mini golf, pizza parlor, go-carts across the street...fun for everyone. I urge any arcade game enthusiast reading this to take a group of friends here, you'll have a blast, trust me.

*whew* that was long [Eek!] Before I go, I have to ask...was anyone else scared of that tall, animatronic Elvis-inspired lion that used to sing and dance at Chuck E Cheese? I think his name was "The King" or something.

Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
*whew* that was long Before I go, I have to ask...was anyone else scared of that tall, animatronic Elvis-inspired lion that used to sing and dance at Chuck E Cheese? I think his name was "The King" or something.

haha, they still have that elvis dude here in phx. its hilarious! i remember chuck e. cheese stepped on my toe when i was little, and i cried so hard. cause his big feet had cut me. hehe

as for an arcade game?? good old pinball was all i really played.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richard_grieco
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1054

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for richard_grieco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TRON
Dragon's Lair
Road Blasters
Spy Hunter
Defender

Posts: 27 | From: Sactomento, Californey | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MONSOON
Master Rewinder
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for MONSOON   Email MONSOON   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tempest
Galaga
Defender
There were a couple others as well but they slip my mind right now.

Posts: 264 | From: Bainbridge , GA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightiesdude
Master Rewinder
Member # 752

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for eightiesdude   Author's Homepage   Email eightiesdude   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love all the 70s-80s arcade games. If you all want to play them on your computer. Look for the MAME emulator. You can play games from 70s-80s over 3,000 arcade games. But you need to find the roms separately.
Posts: 114 | From: Florida | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

In terms of Nintendo.

Legend of Zelda, Mike Tyson's Punch out and Contra

Up, Up, down, down, left, right, left, right b,a,b,a start (code for 30 guys)

Code For tyson

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
Devolution here,

In terms of Nintendo.

Legend of Zelda, Mike Tyson's Punch out and Contra

Up, Up, down, down, left, right, left, right b,a,b,a start (code for 30 guys)

Code For tyson

We are DEVO

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now we're talking!

Zaxxon
Centipede
Pacman
Donkey Kong
Gorf
Radar Rat Race
Blade of Steel

Anyone know if the Mame emulator works with Macs? Or what does?

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willman85
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1215

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for willman85   Email willman85   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hah! What about Missile Command?!!
Posts: 72 | From: Hertfordshire UK | Registered: Nov 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikie_CA
Senior Rewinder
Member # 369

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mikie_CA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite arcade game had to be Double Dragon. Other games that I played quite often were Donkey Kong, Super Mario Bros., Punch Out, Pro Wrestling, Asteroids, Centipede, Pac Man, and Space Invaders.
Posts: 66 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Feb 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home