iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » I need help with a song/movie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I need help with a song/movie
Eri
Rewind Curious
Member # 1974

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Eri   Email Eri   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hiya everyone .. this is my first time here [Smile]

Can you help ?? ... Is the song 'we built this city (on rock and roll)' by 'Starship' featured in a movie ?? .. if it is, which movie is it ?? .. it sounds like it should be and have been frying my brain trying to think .. lol

Any help would be really appreciated ... even if you dont know, can you suggest how i can find out ???

Posts: 5 | From: Middlesbrough, UK | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello and welcome to rewind [Smile]

this page shows a list of all the albums that the song has appeared on:
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&uid=MISS70310090932&sql=6We|Built|This|City

..hope that helped.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eri
Rewind Curious
Member # 1974

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Eri   Email Eri   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hiya Ronnie ... that link just has all their albums on it .. it dosnt have any of the various/soundtrack albums ... but thanks anyway [Smile]
Posts: 5 | From: Middlesbrough, UK | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samurai Sweetie
Master Rewinder
Member # 1529

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Samurai Sweetie   Author's Homepage   Email Samurai Sweetie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as I know, "We Built This City" was never featured in a movie, the only song I recall from Starship being in a movie was "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now" which is from the 1987 movie "Mannequin" with Kim Cattrall and Andrew McCarthy, great movie btw. [Smile]
Posts: 186 | From: Lookout Mountain Road | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I saw Mannequin in the movies, we built in the city, I don't know as of yet. I will keep thinking.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home